test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Where would you like the game to go in 2024?

Comments

• Options
    dragon#2626 dragon Member Posts: 256 Arc User
    thay8472 wrote: »
    I want the Typhoon Class! That's what I want from 2024!

I'd be more interested in a T6 Obelisk. Went through "Sphere of Influence" earlier today (did it way early to get my hands on that antiproton omni), and was reminded how much fun I had with that ship.
    I swim through a sea of stars. . . .
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User

At a certain point, probably this year, Thomas is going to be looking at two choices for established FED ships (that aren't from new series) to launch to the c-store.

1) Yeager
    2) Typhoon

Then we'll have to get it.

It'll probably be part of the Frankenstein Fleet Bundle!

* Typhoon Class
    * Yeager Class
    * Curry Class
    * Elkins Class
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,197 Arc User
    I just hope they don't radically change it from the original design, just fix up the polygon count, smooth it out and give it a new texture.
  • Options
    trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited February 14
    Although I'm not a big fan of NuTrek I would like my KDF chars to have access to the SNW Klingon Uniforms. And the Romulan uniforms. And to continue the old story lines that have not been completely resolved. Who met with Sela at the end of the Iconian arc? Data? What happened to the Children Of Khan?
    Post edited by trygvar13 on
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
  • Options
    fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    No overlapping events ( very disruptive to my play style.)
    NO fouled up clocks so a days progress is missed! (event is now hated till the event ends and is off my game!)
    Fewer glitches in gameplay caused by adding stuff to the game.
    More glitch repair on all aspects of the game so gameplay is smoother and more enjoyable.
  • Options
    theboxisredtheboxisred Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    I'd like to see the timegates at the beginning of TFO's reduced from the 60-90 seconds we get these days back to the 10-15 seconds we got from the days of Colony Invasion and Federation Fleet Alert.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    I'd like to see the timegates at the beginning of TFO's reduced from the 60-90 seconds we get these days back to the 10-15 seconds we got from the days of Colony Invasion and Federation Fleet Alert.

You do know that the reason they have that is probably to ensure that everyone is fully loaded in to be able to participate... right?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    saelkarsaelkar Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I would still like to see a little bit of additional love for Remans/Romulans.

New Romulus aid beam-in/intro you learn about the Remans taking the 'lower levels' or whatnot. Not looking for a Reman battlezone, but just a map/art area to visit even maybe during an upcoming mission to show a little bit more of that lore side of things. Maybe you just have to decide below to meet with someone. Could also give opportunity to see a map that showed development/progress of the city on New Romulus.

As for story arcs, I feel like after this current arc some other than Mirror and Borg maybe be nice! :) Though I understand this may be currently also influenced by ST: Picard? -which I haven't seen yet. No spoilers please. :wink:
  • Options
    dragon#2626 dragon Member Posts: 256 Arc User
    May have said this before, but I'd like to see the game revisit some perhaps less known Trek episodes. I mean, the touched on "The Savage Curtain" of all things. "A Piece of the Action" is perhaps an obvious one, perhaps "Specter of the Gun."
    I swim through a sea of stars. . . .
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »

You do know that the reason they have that is probably to ensure that everyone is fully loaded in to be able to participate... right?

That is definitely an issue at least until they kill the map-change bug for good. For instance, I get dumped to the login screen rather often (around one in five times or thereabouts on average) trying to enter a TFO and it takes at least a minute or so for the timeout to kick in and scramble to get back in the game before the TFO starts (and often I get to Red Alerts just as they end when those are the events).

90 seconds is about right for when that happens.
  • Options
    We also need all the old missions back in the game!
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options

Present your evidence.
  • Options
    live8evillive8evil Member Posts: 127 Arc User

That is definitely an issue at least until they kill the map-change bug for good. For instance, I get dumped to the login screen rather often (around one in five times or thereabouts on average) trying to enter a TFO and it takes at least a minute or so for the timeout to kick in and scramble to get back in the game before the TFO starts (and often I get to Red Alerts just as they end when those are the events).

1. Literaly never happened to me (I have an ridiculous number of TFOs behind me...). And even if that truly happens to some players, it's not reason enough to have such a long period, before the match begins. If i play 10 TFOs in a row, that's around 15 minutes wasted. And that's just the time wasted during those timegates, I did not calculate in the time it takes to find a new (random) team and load the map, which is probably another 2 minutes per TFO. 30 minutes of nothing in a 10 TFO run is no fun and needs to stop.

2. If this system is there to ensure the load-in of all players, why do we still have a 90 sec timegate right in the middle of Vault ensnared, for example? I would like to know that.

Let's just call it what it is: an annoying way to prolong the players interaction by just that tiny bit - which adds up alot over time.

So yeah, what I wish for the game moving forward is definetly less time-gating. Also better server performance would be nice, it's 2024.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,366 Arc User
    If you play 10 TFOs in a row, you have enough time on your hands that a total of 15 extra minutes should be meaningless.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    live8evillive8evil Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited February 15
    (Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    The return of something clever and fun on April 1st.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,600 Arc User

I'd be more interested in a T6 Obelisk. Went through "Sphere of Influence" earlier today (did it way early to get my hands on that antiproton omni), and was reminded how much fun I had with that ship.

All Hail the ORI
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,600 Arc User

or so the new to the mission folks understand what the goals are
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    edited February 15

True, though the instructions need some serious work on how to get the fluff across without sacrificing explaining the goals a little better than they currently do. I still see people who are obviously lost and occasionally even typing things like "what are we supposed to be doing?" in team chat in the middle of those TFOs where for some reason clarity is sacrificed for fluff in the pre-mission briefing (and there is still a significant number of those).

On the other hand, good briefing or not, the delay is still useful for those who have to relog to get there as well as other things such as making sure all their gear and abilities are still in place (which is a problem that comes and goes), or for altaholics a moment to make sure they are in the right mental groove for a character and ship they may not have used in a while.
  • Options
    If these timegates are indeed being used as a "Band-aid" to compensate/cover for the failure, thus far, to hunt and eliminate bugs why have they not been applied to every TFO?

If these timegates are indeed being used as a "Band-aid" to compensate/cover for the failure, thus far, to effectively communicate to the players the goals and, where applicable, the fail conditions of TFO's, why are the instructions not edited for clarity?

My point is that all the justifications for the existence of these lengthening timegates serve to demonstrate that said timegates will not be necessary once those concerns are properly dealt with.

It's nice to see that we all agree on this matter.
  • Options
    As for another thing I'd like to see...

How about, while in the tailor, we get an upgraded interface that allows us to preview any costume available the the character for purchase, regardless of from where the costume is purchased (Zen Store, Lobi Store, Lockbox, et al...), in any combination with other costume pieces available to said character, that allows us to put the costumed character through the full range of movements so that we may observe any clipping before we make the purchase?

That's a helluva long sentence! I'll edit for clarity:

How about, while in the tailor, we get an upgraded interface?
    This interface would allow us to preview any costume available the the character for purchase, regardless of from where the costume is purchased (Zen Store, Lobi Store, Lockbox, et al...).
    We could do this in any combination with other costume pieces available to said character.
    Further, allow us to put the costumed character through the full range of movements so that we may observe any clipping before we make the purchase.
  • Options
    nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User

True, though the instructions need some serious work on how to get the fluff across without sacrificing explaining the goals a little better than they currently do. I still see people who are obviously lost and occasionally even typing things like "what are we supposed to be doing?" in team chat in the middle of those TFOs where for some reason clarity is sacrificed for fluff in the pre-mission briefing (and there is still a significant number of those).

On the other hand, good briefing or not, the delay is still useful for those who have to relog to get there as well as other things such as making sure all their gear and abilities are still in place (which is a problem that comes and goes), or for altaholics a moment to make sure they are in the right mental groove for a character and ship they may not have used in a while.

the current run they don't really explain overload the console and then spawn the crystal. and if a crystal is killed there isn't a marker where is should be
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • Options
    novapolaris#2925 novapolaris Member Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited February 21
    I'd love to see T6s of the Dyson ships and Obelisk. Especially if it means getting stuff like a non-fused proton dual cannons you can use on any ship, from the Dyson. Especially now that there's that new proton set from the event! :D
    nixie50 wrote: »

the current run they don't really explain overload the console and then spawn the crystal. and if a crystal is killed there isn't a marker where is should be

Yeah... that's a pain. You have to guess where to go, if a crystal is destroyed and you didn't see/memorize the location.
  • Options

All Hail the ORI

Never! Asgard ftw!
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    novapolaris#2925 novapolaris Member Posts: 777 Arc User

All Hail the ORI

Wow. Now that's a way to give me a flashback. Saying "hallowed are the Ori." o_o;
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    She's geeky that way. but the obelisk DOES resemble the Ori motheships
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    All Hail the ORI

Hallowed are my QUANTUM TORPEDOES! ;)
    Also... pretty sure the Ori learned the same valuable lesson the Wraith and Goa'uld learned.

NEVER anger the Tau'ri.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    Gorn revolution from the Klingon Empire! All hail the New Gorn Hegemony!
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    trygvar13 wrote: »
    Although I'm not a big fan of NuTrek I would like my KDF chars to have access to the SNW Klingon Uniforms. And the Romulan uniforms. And to continue the old story lines that have not been completely resolved. Who met with Sela at the end of the Iconian arc? Data? What happened to the Children Of Khan?

it's funny you call SNW nutrek. it's as close to TOS as you can get.
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    trygvar13 wrote: »

it's funny you call SNW nutrek. it's as close to TOS as you can get.

It is still NuTrek because it is still grounded in NuTrek since it is a direct spinoff of DSC and therefore has to carry so much baggage from that (and from the space-opera Star Wars coattailing from the main part of the movie era too, something all the spinoffs suffer from, though ENT less than others).

On the other hand, it is true that it is the best of the NuTreks and does capture more of the TOS feel and style than most other spinoffs despite some horrific gaffs like the sewer-pipe empty nacelles and whatnot. At least it has some vague awareness of the fact that TOS was a different fictional-history era than the spinoffs, something Hollywood seems to have a lot of trouble with when it comes to science fiction.

And while this will no doubt anger some of the purest of the purists, I think some of SNW is better than TOS like the highly nuanced and deeper characterizations compared to the shallower ones TOS had due to its focus being more plot-oriented than character-oriented.

Splitting The Cage's Number One into two characters is an odd choice, but it has worked well for instance (though it has even more potential if Una was helping the other half of the original Number One (La'an) deal with being an only slightly diluted augment rather than just happening to be a descendent of Khan without anything but the name carrying over). So is the fact that so many of the TOS crew are already on the Enterprise (for instance Where No Man Has Gone Before makes it clear Kirk has never worked with Spock before taking command of Enterprise), though again SNW makes it work even though it goes against established canon to some degree.

Now if they would upgrade to the level of in-story technology TOS has (which they could finally show with the vastly improved SFX of today) and show the things they wanted to do but could not do in the '60s no matter how big the budget, it would be nearly perfect.