Options

Typhoon Class

Comments

• Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited February 15
    angrytarg wrote: »
    avoozuul wrote: »
    I didn't even know there was a purple version.

The original mirror universe ships were purple, way before STO had actors from the shows or a real mirror storyline. They were mostly one-offs and part of a event TFO. The skins later changed to yellow and finally red every time the terran faction was revised and rewritten.

See for example: https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/I.S.S._Noble?so=search​​

Some folks (ex. Sutherland) also interpreted the change over as showing political shift in the Empire in some great Foundry missions. Yellow for one regime, Red for the next.

Purple we can retroactively interpret as the fleet of Emperor Boimler.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User

The original mirror universe ships were purple, way before STO had actors from the shows or a real mirror storyline. They were mostly one-offs and part of a event TFO. The skins later changed to yellow and finally red every time the terran faction was revised and rewritten.

Some folks (ex. Sutherland) also interpreted the change over as showing political shift in the Empire in some great Foundry missions. Yellow for one regime, Red for the next.

It could also be some kind of major divisional livery and all three different color schemes are in use in the different divisions at the same time or whatever.
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User

I did but I went with the Terran Empire (Yellow) and Terran Empire (Red) originating from two different Mirror Universes. The yellow one being the 'canon' MU then the red one being created by Admiral Leeta messing with the timeline when she and her fleet went back in time to wipe out the Mirror Iconians.

Purple Terrans are the real evil ones though! They came into being the supreme power after slaughtering the Green Terrans!
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    edited February 16
    Been thinking about this and with a proposed T6 Typhoon, I'd put the Wingman mechanic onto it much in the line of the Jem Hadar Vanguard ships
    Spec it for intel or Miracle Worker as well with a 5/3 layout on weapons.

I'd also have near legendary level much like the Terran C-Store ships are so no need for a fleet variant
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
      I still have a character temporally stuck with Battle Group Omega pig-1.gif

Here is the slightly deformed Negh'Var next to the USS Samoa

pnfp2b60rbx8.jpg

k5y0x7w5jk39.jpg

d5zti9a75x6v.jpg​​
      lFC4bt2.gif
      ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
      "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
      "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
      "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    • Options
      vaithhvaithh Member Posts: 29 Arc User
      I was thinking about this the other day as well.

Been playing since Beta, and have seen this topic come up countless times. Devs stated the model wasn't complete (or something of that nature) years ago. Seems like an easy fix, but still.

I still like the look of that ship, and would LOVE to play one as my engineer. I don't like the Jupiter and other variants compared to it nearly as well.
    • Options
      Been thinking about this and with a proposed T6 Typhoon, I'd put the Wingman mechanic onto it much in the line of the Jem Hadar Vanguard ships

I'd also have near legendary level much like the Terran C-Store ships are so no need for a fleet variant

I don't know what I'd do for the stats but for the console I'd give the Typhoon that metaphasic shield ability the npcs use to do.
      2gdi5w4mrudm.png
      Typhoon Class please!
    • Options
      thay8472 wrote: »

I don't know what I'd do for the stats but for the console I'd give the Typhoon that metaphasic shield ability the npcs use to do.

She'd be good as a Tank type ship so Dreadnought or even Juggernaut classification could fit
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      • Options
        avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,197 Arc User
        It could easily be the Federations first jugganaut type ship.
      • Options
        edited February 17
        Been thinking about the console layout
        Universal-1 (3 if T6-X2)
        Engineering- 5
        Science- 2
        Tactical - 4

Engineering and Tactical heavy as befitting such a ship
        NMXb2ph.png
        • Options
          rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator

Well TECHNICALLY the Federation already has one. World Razer.
          I don't think any faction has C-Store Juggernauts. Think they've all been lockbox in one form or another.
          db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
          I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
          The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
        • Options
          Universal-1 (3 if T6-X2)
          Engineering- 5
          Science- 2
          Tactical - 4

4/4 weapons?
          2gdi5w4mrudm.png
          Typhoon Class please!
        • Options
          Universal-1 (3 if T6-X2)
          Engineering- 5
          Science- 2
          Tactical - 4

4/4 weapons?

5/3
          NMXb2ph.png
          • Options
            So, the same metagame-ideal stats and layouts so many others have? pig-2.gif​​
            lFC4bt2.gif
            ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
            "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
            "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
            "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
          • Options
            So, the same metagame-ideal stats and layouts so many others have? pig-2.gif​​

Buff it's hull, resistance and shield stat and that should be more than ideal.
            Yeah, she's going to be slower and less easy to turn but that's a trade off for the the stat buffs.
            NMXb2ph.png
            • Options
              westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,215 Arc User
              edited February 17
              rattler2 wrote: »

Well TECHNICALLY the Federation already has one. World Razer.
              I don't think any faction has C-Store Juggernauts. Think they've all been lockbox in one form or another.

If only its weapon hardpoints actually applied to all the visible weapons. Still disappointed that of the like 12 cannons on the ship, only 2 ever shoot.

I think its weird they haven't made a proper Typhoon C store ship yet, its one of the oldest ships in game that was never playable, yet was consistently requested to be made playable atleast for the most part.
              Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
            • Options
              westx211 wrote: »
              If only its weapon hardpoints actually applied to all the visible weapons. Still disappointed that of the like 12 cannons on the ship, only 2 ever shoot.

I think its weird they haven't made a proper Typhoon C store ship yet, its one of the oldest ships in game that was never playable, yet was consistently requested to be made playable atleast for the most part.

Never tried cannons on the World Razer. Might have to at some point. And since I usually mix duals and dual heavies on other ships to get more hardpoints firing (mostly for looks) might have to see what hardpoints fire with a mixed set.

As for the Typhoon C-Store ship... um... not sure but I feel like the answer would come back "command battlecruisers"? I know I've been able to kitbash them into a Typhoon style configuration but... *shrug*
              Who knows.
              db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
              I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
              The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
            • Options
              One of the command battlecruisers has a set of dual-nacelles that clearly is meant as a spiritual "successor" to the Typhoon, though the fans of the ship could tell you how far off it actually is. @artan42 could tell a story or two about that, if they are still around that is pig-2.gif​​
              lFC4bt2.gif
            • Options
              Universal-1 (3 if T6-X2)
              Engineering- 5
              Science- 2
              Tactical - 4

4/4 weapons?

5/3

What about ... 3/5? But with a quad phaser bank up front? XD
              2gdi5w4mrudm.png
              Typhoon Class please!
            • Options
              Universal-1 (3 if T6-X2)
              Engineering- 5
              Science- 2
              Tactical - 4

4/4 weapons?

5/3

3/5 is just a generally bad layout, very unworkable
              NMXb2ph.png
              • Options
                Universal-1 (3 if T6-X2)
                Engineering- 5
                Science- 2
                Tactical - 4

4/4 weapons?

5/3

I'd go 4/4 for the Federation. Maybe 5/3 for the Terran Empire? Of course we'll need a phaser lance on the Terran version.
                2gdi5w4mrudm.png
                Typhoon Class please!
              • Options
                phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User
                Universal-1 (3 if T6-X2)
                Engineering- 5
                Science- 2
                Tactical - 4

4/4 weapons?

5/3

Not really, 3/5 is very workable. It just isn't meta.
              • Options
                foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,481 Arc User
                Universal-1 (3 if T6-X2)
                Engineering- 5
                Science- 2
                Tactical - 4

4/4 weapons?

5/3

I'd go 4/4 for the Federation. Maybe 5/3 for the Terran Empire? Of course we'll need a phaser lance on the Terran version.

I would just make it 4/4. Engineering/Command Commander specialization seat. Considering the Terran versions torp spreads were real nasty pieces of business.

Lance I feel is a bit of an overdone trope. Same with a Terran ships.

Typhoon class in federation style, but keeping the torpedo theme for her BOFF seats, and maybe her universal console. I do remember the Terran ships had nasty TBRs. But those type of consoles & traits have been done a bit as well.
                pjxgwS8.jpg
              • Options
                4/4 could work but have the Terran skin and prefix free with the purchase, that way you don't have to buy it twice
                NMXb2ph.png
                • Options
                  edited February 18
                  2024 and this beast is still battling the Undine in Fluidic Space!

szfzbp7ureex.jpg

But did you know there is a second Typhoon still fighting to exist?!

35zndabk9ow5.png
                  4/4 could work but have the Terran skin and prefix free with the purchase, that way you don't have to buy it twice

Yes! It need the cool red wings!
                  2gdi5w4mrudm.png
                  Typhoon Class please!
                • Options
                  2024 and this beast is still battling the Undine in Fluidic Space!

szfzbp7ureex.jpg

But did you know there is a second Typhoon still fighting to exist?!

35zndabk9ow5.png

Yes! It need the cool red wings!

Da Red Wunz go Fasta
                  NMXb2ph.png
                  • Options
                    nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User

if that's how you want to headcanon it. simple thing is that it looked too Dominion and they needed a clean seperation
                    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
                    We Need BERETS in the tailor
                  • Options
                    If I remember correctly they didn't change it from purple to yellow until after the 2800 storyline. So maybe they changed it for that reason.
                    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
                    Typhoon Class please!
                  • Options
                    If I remember correctly they didn't change it from purple to yellow until after the 2800 storyline. So maybe they changed it for that reason.

You could use the Jem Hadar shield from the episodes as a substitute purple MU costume
                    NMXb2ph.png
                    • Options
                      Didn't they also decide that was more canon because of the mirror episodes of Enterprise showcasing yellow markings?
                    This discussion has been closed.