test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is there going to be an anniversary ship bundle this year?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    gwyrdallongwyrdallon Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    The inclusion of a Bundle-Exclusive Personal space / ground trait that will add +20% critical severity will probably make this bundle a meta purchase, goodness knows I'm running traits that are worse than that one. As it is I'll take a pass on this bundle, but that's almost a relief. I do really like the ships, the checkov is basically everything I have ever wanted on a science ship (other than being an intrepid varient but oh well).
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,330 Arc User
    steaen wrote: »
    https://t.co/6pxRUBRUCS

Certainly...some choices made there.

Hard pass on the Bundle for me - I'll get the Chekov and maybe the Princeton, but that's all.

Interesting that the adapted destroyer was not mention there. Perhaps that one is not yet set in stone.

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    solidshark214solidshark214 Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    The new ships look AWESOME! :D I'm really looking forward to getting those! Great job to the people who worked on those ships (looks and stats/gear)!

However, I'm surprised the Constellation is just the T3 version. And dear GOD I hope they update(d) the restricted gear on the Mandukar to be usable on any ship, at the least. I want so much to use stuff like the shrapnel torps. And no costume for the Melbourne? Does that mean they plan to release it separately at a later date? o_o

It's cross compatible with the Cheyenne IIRC. Ie. you can use it with the new T6 version of that ship. The benefit of the constellation in the bundle is that you don't have to buy the dilithium store version or the Picard bundle to use the costume here.

Too bad the T6 Cheyenne ain't worth it. Seriously, turning it from a heavy cruiser into a carrier? Not seeing the logic on that one. Which is a crying shame, because if the ship had stuck with cruiser, I'd have bought it. Beautiful ship. But I don't do carriers. I've tried, and they just never grab me.
  • Options
    novapolaris#2925 novapolaris Member Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited February 14
    It's cross compatible with the Cheyenne IIRC. Ie. you can use it with the new T6 version of that ship. The benefit of the constellation in the bundle is that you don't have to buy the dilithium store version or the Picard bundle to use the costume here.

Ah, now I see! Thank you! I goofed in not remembering they're the same ship frame, then.
    questerius wrote: »
    Interesting that the adapted destroyer was not mention there. Perhaps that one is not yet set in stone.

That's interesting. But like the Constellation and Lafayette, that could just be due to the stats already being known, too. Hopefully it's what you suspect, though!
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,043 Community Moderator
    Too bad the T6 Cheyenne ain't worth it. Seriously, turning it from a heavy cruiser into a carrier? Not seeing the logic on that one. Which is a crying shame, because if the ship had stuck with cruiser, I'd have bought it. Beautiful ship. But I don't do carriers. I've tried, and they just never grab me.

Carrier gameplay is different. The right traits and hanger pets can make a difference.
    If you're struggling with Carrier gameplay, maybe try a Flight Deck Carrier, which is basically a cruiser with hanger slots. Maybe if you have access to them try the Class C shuttles or Valkyrie fighters. Class Cs come with Aceton Beam, and Valkyries come with Torp Spread. Those abilities x6 or x12 is entertaining.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    Do any of the "NEW" ships come with any different skins or are part of any older ships for kitbashing etc?
    (Sorry im not up to speed on whats part of what line anymore)
  • Options
    pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    The new ships look AWESOME! :D I'm really looking forward to getting those! Great job to the people who worked on those ships (looks and stats/gear)!

However, I'm surprised the Constellation is just the T3 version. And dear GOD I hope they update(d) the restricted gear on the Mandukar to be usable on any ship, at the least. I want so much to use stuff like the shrapnel torps. And no costume for the Melbourne? Does that mean they plan to release it separately at a later date? o_o

Its the other way around for me. I wouldn't have brought the bundle but seeing it turned into a Engineer style Carrier has switched me over to buying. (An Engineer Carrier is how I will fly it)
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,043 Community Moderator
    Do any of the "NEW" ships come with any different skins or are part of any older ships for kitbashing etc?
    (Sorry im not up to speed on whats part of what line anymore)

The Ahwahnee Command Carrier is part of the Cheyenne line, which is the T3 Heavy Cruiser. And thanks to the inclusion of the T3 Constellation in the bundle, you'll also be able to kitbask with Constellation parts as well as the existing Cheyenne variants. There is also a T5 Mirror Constellation that could be picked up from lockboxes. Pretty sure the Mirror ships are very cheap on the Exchange right now.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,197 Arc User
    edited February 15
    I knew I'd be disappointed in the Cheyanne, could see it a mile away, also I definitely can't use my mains torp build on it, isomags aren't as useful with torp builds, not a great deal of flexibility think they should've made the ltcom engi tac instead, you can always make the ltcom uni engi if you need more engi instead, don't care for it being a carrier or very slow turning.

Sadly I have no interest in the bundle or any of the ships in it so far.

I waited for a T6 Stargazer for years, hope it still gets a legendary version at some point, unfortunately that might be until years later.
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,871 Arc User
    edited February 15

I wasn't into carriers but over the last year I've become VERY into carriers thanks to the major buffs they've received through new gear (see. Advanced eng consoles, the Hydra, and even the Rex's console). It's really worth branching out if "they just never grab me" because there's a viable and accessible path to making those builds work now and it would open up a new branch of build development for you (big advantage for keeping burnout away and interested in the game. Same old same old will eventually lead to terminal ennui, which is coming from 12 years continual experience with STO).

The Ahwahnee also provides a big boost, as its console looks bananas for carriers and has 5 eng slots (ie. at least 5 slots for advanced engineering hangar consoles). The command/miracle worker spec will also work great for torpedo builds, which I've found to be the most satisfying weapon set to put on carriers.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    novapolaris#2925 novapolaris Member Posts: 777 Arc User

I wasn't into carriers but over the last year I've become VERY into carriers thanks to the major buffs they've received through new gear (see. Advanced eng consoles, the Hydra, and even the Rex's console). It's really worth branching out if "they just never grab me" because there's a viable and accessible path to making those builds work now and it would open up a new branch of build development for you (big advantage for keeping burnout away and interested in the game. Same old same old will eventually lead to terminal ennui, which is coming from 12 years continual experience with STO).

The Ahwahnee also provides a big boost, as its console looks bananas for carriers and has 5 eng slots (ie. at least 5 slots for advanced engineering hangar consoles). The command/miracle worker spec will also work great for torpedo builds, which I've found to be the most satisfying weapon set to put on carriers.

I agree! And I'm really excited to check out that ship too.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,330 Arc User

Ah, now I see! Thank you! I goofed in not remembering they're the same ship frame, then.
    questerius wrote: »

That's interesting. But like the Constellation and Lafayette, that could just be due to the stats already being known, too. Hopefully it's what you suspect, though!

Either the devs added it to the page or i overlooked it first time.
    It's there now.

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
This discussion has been closed.