test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Typhoon Class

thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
Typhoon Class
r8gwqt4vwlvc.png

So I was playing some Star Trek: Bridge Commander and I came across a mod for the Typhoon Class. It's a pretty fun ship to fly! Can we please have it in Star Trek Online? Maybe with one of those cool Terran Empire hull materials? ;)

Typhoon Class - Bridge Commander Mod
2gdi5w4mrudm.png
Typhoon Class please!
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    Streamline that to a more organic shape as a modern variant and put it either fleet or near legendary quality much like the Terran C-Store ships are
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      Yes! Mirror Gorno needs a Mirror Typhoon!

uaejarsh91b0.png
      2gdi5w4mrudm.png
      Typhoon Class please!
    • Options
      fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,789 Arc User
      Didn't we get the Jupiter in its place? :D
      [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
    • Options
      The Concorde, Presidio and the other one were the replacements for the Typhoon.

I miss the blimp version of the Jupiter Class.

diririhhu2ms.png
      2gdi5w4mrudm.png
      Typhoon Class please!
    • Options
      novapolaris#2925 novapolaris Member Posts: 777 Arc User
      edited February 13
      I'm really thankful we at least got the Jupiter. But I still hope in memory I forgot that we one day get a revamped, playable Typhoon.
      Post edited by novapolaris#2925 on
    • Options
      Well, anyway.

Instead it seems the game is going to get yet another Galaxy variant.

If I'm not misinterpreting the pictures of the new bundle.
      [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
    • Options
      rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
      Well, anyway.

Not sure why you think we're getting another Galaxy. There are still two ships that were modeled for Wolf 359 that has not been revealed as in the bundle yet. Springfield and Freedom classes.
      db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
      I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
      The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    • Options
      rattler2 wrote: »
      Well, anyway.

Not sure why you think we're getting another Galaxy. There are still two ships that were modeled for Wolf 359 that has not been revealed as in the bundle yet. Springfield and Freedom classes.

I have no idea what else to make of that ship in the middle.

From the front at least, it looks more like a Galaxy than anything else to me.

• Options
      It's the Niagara upgrade.
      2gdi5w4mrudm.png
      Typhoon Class please!
    • Options
      foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,481 Arc User
      rattler2 wrote: »
      Well, anyway.

I have no idea what else to make of that ship in the middle.

From the front at least, it looks more like a Galaxy than anything else to me.

Its a Niagara Class. A three-nacelle vessel.

https://memory-beta.fandom.com/wiki/Niagara_class
      pjxgwS8.jpg
    • Options
      phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User
      It is definitely a Niagra class, which is built on a modified Ambassador hull with some Galaxy parts like the nacelles. Chances are, if anything, it is probably the newest addition to the support cruiser line, not the Galaxy line.
    • Options
      darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
      When we first got t6 ships ages ago I was practically giddy at the thought of a t6 typhoon finally. They tried to say the typhoon t6 was one of the command ships but yeah I just don't see it. Same line of ships, possibly, but an actual t6 typhoon, nah. Still want to see an actual t6 typhoon.
      "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
    • Options
      When we first got t6 ships ages ago I was practically giddy at the thought of a t6 typhoon finally. They tried to say the typhoon t6 was one of the command ships but yeah I just don't see it. Same line of ships, possibly, but an actual t6 typhoon, nah. Still want to see an actual t6 typhoon.

It would look great streamlined for better warp efficiency, prime could be Miracle Worker and mirror Intel.
      We've got the Jupiter class as a carrier so why not have the Typhoon as a purebred battleship?

Use a weather related name like Hurricane class if you want to keep the weather themed names.

NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      • Options
        As of right now you can kitbash the Command Battlecruisers into a pretty good Typhoon configuration, but that's about it right now.
        db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
        I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
        The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
      • Options
        Not really the same as an actual Typhoon class or modern version.
        NMXb2ph.png
        • Options
          avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,197 Arc User
          I always liked the look of it despite the rough edges, if they can smooth them out and make it playable I'd definitely get it.
        • Options
          Even if it's an event prize ship, I'd be happy.
          NMXb2ph.png
          • Options
            Honestly I never understood the appeal. To me there's just something that doesn't do it for me with the old Typhoon model. And those nacelles really don't do it for me either.
          • Options
            What?! The nacelles are one of the best parts!
            2gdi5w4mrudm.png
            Typhoon Class please!
          • Options
            thay8472 wrote: »
            What?! The nacelles are one of the best parts!

The pylons could do with some cleaning up and modernising
            NMXb2ph.png
            • Options
              angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
              I would have loved to see all the old STO models being a bit refurbished and then kept in the game as the original purple-colored Terran Empire faction with the Typhoon as it's flagship.​​
              lFC4bt2.gif
              ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
              "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
              "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
              "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
            • Options
              davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
              angrytarg wrote: »
              I would have loved to see all the old STO models being a bit refurbished and then kept in the game as the original purple-colored Terran Empire faction with the Typhoon as it's flagship.​​

Bring back Evil O'Brien! (...or was that his son? It's been so many years.)

• Options

Bring back Evil O'Brien! (...or was that his son? It's been so many years.)

It was his son. I believe his name was James O'Brien, who commanded the ISS Molly.
            • Options

Purple Typhoon Supremacy!

n572fgjpbzcm.png
              2gdi5w4mrudm.png
              Typhoon Class please!
            • Options
              thay8472 wrote: »
              I would have loved to see all the old STO models being a bit refurbished and then kept in the game as the original purple-colored Terran Empire faction with the Typhoon as it's flagship.

Purple Typhoon Supremacy!

n572fgjpbzcm.png

Absolutely! I liked the old mirror skins. And another terran faction from another universe in a three-way-war would also bring some new wind into the stale mirror stories.​​
              lFC4bt2.gif
              ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
              "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
              "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
              "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
            • Options
              Absolutely! I liked the old mirror skins. And another terran faction from another universe in a three-way-war would also bring some new wind into the stale mirror stories.​​

Terran Empire (Red) vs Terran Empire (Yellow) vs Terran Empire (Purple) ?! That's a lot of Terran Empire! I'll help whichever side gets me a Typhoon!

7fcxz9oa4wox.jpg

2gdi5w4mrudm.png
              Typhoon Class please!
            • Options
              avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,197 Arc User
              I didn't even know there was a purple version.
            • Options
              There was so much purple back in the day!

1t3r4mesf2qp.png
              j457arh6lqx0.png
              ezvyzfdsch7l.png
              sqh9kvs1tnzq.png
              nhl3mg2artah.png
              vepugx27qt1q.png
              seov8eighq54.png

2gdi5w4mrudm.png
              Typhoon Class please!
            • Options
              edited February 14
              avoozuul wrote: »

The original mirror universe ships were purple, way before STO had actors from the shows or a real mirror storyline. They were mostly one-offs and part of a event TFO. The skins later changed to yellow and finally red every time the terran faction was revised and rewritten.

See for example: https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/I.S.S._Noble?so=search​​
              lFC4bt2.gif
            • Options
              avoozuul wrote: »

The original mirror universe ships were purple, way before STO had actors from the shows or a real mirror storyline. They were mostly one-offs and part of a event TFO. The skins later changed to yellow and finally red every time the terran faction was revised and rewritten.

See for example: https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/I.S.S._Noble?so=search​​

Mirror Invasion! I miss that one.
              2gdi5w4mrudm.png
              Typhoon Class please!
            This discussion has been closed.