Scorpions abyss

jstooch#9690 jstooch Member Posts: 27 Arc User
HI FOR THE LIFE OF ME i CANT FIND THE CONFERENCE ROOM ON ds9
Can anyone help please
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,796 Arc User
    If you've started the episode, go to sector space and travel to DS9.

It's not a room you can physically visit when you're already aboard the station.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    solidshark214solidshark214 Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    Leave the station and go out to Sector Space. You'll get the prompt to start the mission from there. Despite what the mission tracker says, you can't start it from DS9 itself, you gotta be outside the system.
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,006 Arc User
    By far the BEST episode ever produced in the game. It is superb. Congrats to all involved.
  • Options
    nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    oh, there will be complaints.... lots and lots of complaints
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    it was ok. not going to be a favorite, for sure. I doubt I'll play it again unless the reward item turns out to be worth re running on other toons
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    edited January 23
    eazzie wrote: »
    By far the BEST episode ever produced in the game. It is superb. Congrats to all involved.

I'm going to have to disagree. Didn't like that one part.

I am curious as to how the story will evolve though. Especially regarding
    whether the Aetherians can be trusted and if there was any truth to what the Borg King was saying.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    jstooch#9690 jstooch Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    Thanks for your help
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,988 Arc User
    I am curious as to how the story will evolve though. Especially regarding
    whether the Aetherians can be trusted and if there was any truth to what the Borg King was saying.

I haven't played the mission yet but hopefully the Borg King is somehow connected to the Third Borg Dynasty. Many players have been waiting YEARS for this :smile:
  • Options
    stolokstolok Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    I found the phraseology that he used to be particularly interesting...

Ferengi Rules of Acquisition: 48. The bigger the smile, the sharper the knife
  • Options
    solidshark214solidshark214 Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    I found the mission a nuisance, to be honest. Ran horribly--too many particle effects, maybe?--making the ground portions in particular a chore. And I'm sorry, but once the Borg King's identity was revealed, it became utterly impossible to take the entire story arc serious. I mean, come on. Him? Really? Took all the tension out of it.
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Aetherians bad guys fr fr... foreshadowing in story is blatant. Anomaly allows you to go anywhere in the multiverse, and they just happen to take control of it and not collapse it?
  • Options
    nrobbiecnrobbiec Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    The Aetherians are more evil than hawaiian pizza and carrot cake.
  • Options
    blackshap9#1072 blackshap9 Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited January 24
    The new EPISODE is just too long. It should have been cut in half at he point when you first get infected and become a borg. I understand that CRYPTIC only makes a couple of missions a year but halfway through this mission I am so bored and tired that I really don't care and just want it to end. There isn't a person in the game that I have spoken with that hasn't shared the same complaint. I have so many characters and I never plan on playing this again. This has been a recurring problem with all the missions these last few years Because they are so long these missions are so boring not re playable.
    Post edited by blackshap9#1072 on
  • Options
    fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    If you skip thru the dialog and the cutscenes you can bring it down to 30 to 40 min.
    BUT I am incline to agree with you an hour long mission is just toooooooooooooooo long!.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,367 Arc User
    "The new TFO"? Because the new TFO I played yesterday was "Battle of Wolf 359", and that one isn't anything like what you describe. Do you mean the new episode? I haven't played that one yet.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 24
    jonsills wrote: »
    "The new TFO"? Because the new TFO I played yesterday was "Battle of Wolf 359", and that one isn't anything like what you describe. Do you mean the new episode? I haven't played that one yet.

yes i meant episode, made changes in op, ty
    yes episode is an hour ling, bring a drink and a meal
  • Options
    ayexeyenayexeyen Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    Yes, it is true, the episode is very long. If you skip the dialogs you can run it in maybe 30-40 minutes.
    Nonetheless, I think it is one of the most interesting, well developed, and immersive episode EVER.

• Options
    ayexeyenayexeyen Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited January 24
    Honestly, I loved the story so much. Extremely well written, immersive, amazing and with surprises.
    Well done Devs, and yes,
    I think that the Aetherians have some other interest. I suspect they are a collective too.

My only problem is that the episode is quite long. Maybe some parts could have been shortened.
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,474 Arc User
    I liked the episode. Felt like I was watching an episode of Star Trek.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,474 Arc User
    nrobbiec wrote: »

I like Hawaiian pizza and I like carrot cake.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    ayexeyen wrote: »
    Yes, it is true, the episode is very long. If you skip the dialogs you can run it in maybe 30-40 minutes.
    Nonetheless, I think it is one of the most interesting, well developed, and immersive episode EVER.

lmao ok, well i think it was a snore fest and that Quark's Lucky Seven was far superior... obviously we are playing different games .
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,028 Community Moderator
    obviously we are playing different games .

I just wanna say that anyone who uses this argument comes across as "I am ignoring your opinion because it does not match mine".
    Everyone is allowed to have their own opinions about things, and we are all very much playing the same game. Some people may not like the new mission, but others may like it. Doesn't make their opinion any less valid.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    dragon#2626 dragon Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    My problem with the new episode has nothing to do with the length. Simply put, the little revelation toward the end turned it into a complete and utter farce. Props for working with Ezri Dax, though; I've always had a bit of a soft spot for her.
    I swim through a sea of stars. . . .
  • Options
    ayexeyen wrote: »
    Honestly, I loved the story so much. Extremely well written, immersive, amazing and with surprises.
    Well done Devs, and yes,
    I think that the Aetherians have some other interest. I suspect they are a collective too.

My only problem is that the episode is quite long. Maybe some parts could have been shortened.

Since they say, at the beginning of the episode, that our ships are equipped with their tech...
    It wouldn't surprise me if the next episode involves our ships being hijacked, if they're really evil. Much like our captains were in this episode. I'm wondering if we're going to see a mission where we fly our ships without having full control over it, as if it's being turned into a Borg drone?

• Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,265 Arc User
    nrobbiec wrote: »

I think the foreshadowing is almost too strong here, like there's gonna be a reveal that they weren't actually evil.
  • Options
    n0vastaronen0vastarone Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    I enjoyed it immensely.
    4h4uFix.pngJoin Date. Dec 2007
  • Options
    madslater12madslater12 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    The new EPISODE is just too long. It should have been cut in half at he point when you first get infected and become a borg. I understand that CRYPTIC only makes a couple of missions a year but halfway through this mission I am so bored and tired that I really don't care and just want it to end. There isn't a person in the game that I have spoken with that hasn't shared the same complaint. I have so many characters and I never plan on playing this again. This has been a recurring problem with all the missions these last few years Because they are so long these missions are so boring not re playable.

I dont know why you think it whas way too long
    I kinda love these types of episode missions better then evertime replaying a TFO mission
    But thats is ofcourse youre opinion i just hope the come with more of these missions
    And also next time let people know you ar going to mention spoilers on a new episode that hase being released
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,511 Arc User
    I haven't had a chance to play any of this event's content yet, but just in general it is usually not the length of a mission that makes a mission boring or not, it is what the mission has you doing.

For instance, long bouts of mechanics are a problem if it is just the same cycle of things over and over like a machine, ad nauseum, (such as the finale of the V'ger/Other/Crusher arc), zombie exposition were you "take over" a different character and are essentially relegated to nothing more than an illustration while the guest voice tells the story (Renegades Regret and some of the Mirror stuff mostly), and a few other immersion-breaking, out-of-genre things like platforming.

Personally, I think the Spectres arc is one of the best in the game, and it has some long missions in it. Hopefully the new episode is more like that rather than one of the boring ones.
This discussion has been closed.