test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Where's Okeg?

fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,796 Arc User
Why are we always seeing the head of Starfleet when the other factions are represented by their heads of state?
[4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,026 Community Moderator
    Probably because the Federation President doesn't have the tactical experience to handle military matters like Admiral Quinn does, so he probably defers to Quinn on matters pertaining to Starfleet itself, and focuses more on the political side of things.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,333 Community Moderator
    Maybe because for purposes of the game our Faction is Starfleet, not United Federation of Planets, therefore the head of our Faction is the head of Starfleet not the head of the UFP? 🤷‍♀️
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    He's been in a mission or two though. And for a conference, I expect him to show up for once.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,265 Arc User
    D'tan seems to be the de facto military head for the Romulan Republic and head of the high council would obviously be the leader of the KDF, while the head of Starfleet seems to be the military leader of the UFP.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    Okeg is not a military leader - L'Rell, D'tan, and Loriss (assuming the Dominion participated) are.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    L'Rell might be and for a Klingon leader it kind of makes sense. But D'Tan is the leader of the Romulan Republic.

If we saw the military leaders, it would make more sense for Kerererererek to be there on behalf of the RR.

And Loriss is, I believe, just another Vorta. In fact, we've seen Odo take command more often than her.

I'd just like to see Okeg once in a while. Would be a good way of reminding players that the Federation is more than just Starfleet.

• Options
    And although we saw captains like Sisko do the stuff you'd expect to see political leaders to be doing (like negotiating with Gowron), we never saw the head of the Romulan state being present in such cases as far as I know.

It just seems weird to me, to have two heads of state (besides L'Rell, J'Ula was also present so it's also likely she's acting as the military leader), one admiral and one... Whatever Loriss is - a leader of an unit of commando's I guess.

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,026 Community Moderator
    Loriss I believe was appointed to represent the Dominion in the Khitomer Alliance, so technically speaking I'd put her about the same level as an Admiral at least. Dominion Rank Structures are not quite as clear as they are for Starfleet as its a bit more class based rather than merit?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,511 Arc User
    edited January 24
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Loriss I believe was appointed to represent the Dominion in the Khitomer Alliance, so technically speaking I'd put her about the same level as an Admiral at least. Dominion Rank Structures are not quite as clear as they are for Starfleet as its a bit more class based rather than merit?

Yes, she was first seen in command of a rather sizable fleet of ships that were temporally bumped from the Dominion war to the present while transiting the wormhole, so she is definitely the equivalent of an admiral (or possibly a commodore at the very least, though the number of ships seems a bit much for a commodore).
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User

she would be an ambassador, just as Garak is
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,511 Arc User

she would be an ambassador, just as Garak is

True, in history it was not unusual for admirals (or other high-ranking officers) to take up ambassador positions, like Loriss has apparently done. The same is true for high-ranking intelligence officers like Garak though their backgrounds are generally glossed over more than military officers' histories are.
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    As far as Okeg, it's winter. he's probably laying on a rock under a heat lamp
    Spock.jpg

This discussion has been closed.