Install Arc
Options

VFX Issues Thread

124»

Comments

• Options
    bartsmitbartsmit Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Hi.

So there is SRS' Vertigo now, to nullify most of this stuff, and I'm super happy for it - I fire a whole bunch of binds every time I fire up the game, so satisfying. However, there are *way* more effects that I personally would like to turn off; 'transported torpedo' that constantly counts down on my ship and what have you. Is there any sort of list that could be published will all buffs and effects, so I can manually bind a disable for them?

• Options
    n0vastaronen0vastarone Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    Im going to end up having a stroke from the sheer amount on my screen.
    I dont know what issue cryptic is having isolating this issue, but I know in FF14, its basically a toggle, that disables/mutes other peoples effects and keeps your own.
    4h4uFix.pngJoin Date. Dec 2007
  • Options
    fredscarranfredscarran Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited July 2023
    (Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • Options
    hawkkebank#5650 hawkkebank Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    There is too many of them FAR too many of them. Giving us a slider to adjust to adjust the opacity of all space and ground effect is the best solution.
    x58aiUP.jpg
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    valoreah wrote: »
    No idea what causes this swarm of KDF fighters, but these fighters swarming my ship is yet another super annoying example of unwanted VFX spam.

I would assume that a player deployed fighter squadrons from their carrier, targeted you, and said "Defend". That's not VFX, those are Combat Pets.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    thedarkestsmurfthedarkestsmurf Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    It's been well over a year since this thread was opened. Are there any official updates on when we can expect a fix?
    As many others, I'm flying blind half of the time. The screenshot is from yesterday's run of the current Event TFO.

9oku8upax0rb.png
    "The pen is mightier than the sword if the sword is very short, and the pen is very sharp." ~ Sir Terry Pratchett (1948-2015)
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,600 Arc User
    yep, toss vger probes and the kuummarke pink globe and you are wiping visuals
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    valoreah wrote: »
    @pottsey5g You should edit those screen captures to take out names of other players. Just use Paint or something to cover them up.
    Am I missing something? its not against any rules is it? No one is doing anything wrong and the players only have the generic first section of the name not the @playeraccount name.
    It's been well over a year since this thread was opened. Are there any official updates on when we can expect a fix?
    As many others, I'm flying blind half of the time. The screenshot is from yesterday's run of the current Event TFO.

9oku8upax0rb.png
    +1 I was about to post the same but you beat me to it. Got a number of screenshots from runs where everything is just white. I cannot tell if I am phased and should be pulling the triggers. One person even complained in chat and I pointed out I missed it due to visual spam.
  • Options
    krisxr400krisxr400 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    I wonder if this thread has been unpinned from the top in hopes that it gets buried down the list in the forums. Maybe it's their way of saying we're not going to address this at all. I don't follow that closely, so maybe there's a plan in place and they feel the thread is no longer necessary. The vfx and some sfx is a huge deterrent for me, keeps me from queing up in tfos.

I know the first time i saw the bad lands plasma tornadoes pop up in game my reaction was- Wth is that, omg that's just horrible. That was like, idk, 3-4 years ago, now it's ten fold with the ridiculous effects and abilities.
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,197 Arc User
    edited November 2023

9oku8upax0rb.png
    While I never usually see it go as bad as that, the visual fx spam is still an issue and should be toned down a bit.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    Am I missing something? its not against any rules is it? No one is doing anything wrong and the players only have the generic first section of the name not the @playeraccount name.

Technically might still qualify under the Naming and Shaming rule I believe, even if that is not the intent. Generally though its also just common courtesy to obscure who is participating in a conversation, or just blot out the whole text box in general if its open.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    novapolaris#2925 novapolaris Member Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited November 2023
    Not only are the Kuumaarke Visionary abilities some of the "noisiest" in VFX and SFX in the game on the ground... the BUFF from it (Electromagnetic Force Majeure) is possibly THE nosiest thing as it can happen more frequently than the chain lightning as far as I know. Characters get a rough texture of bright pink lightning all over the body (and sparks), accompanied by a loud electric sound for the whole duration.

The abilities and stats from this set are some of the best, but come with some of the worst VFX/SFX issues. Also really bad for someone with a sensory overload condition. (And that last bit applies to the rest of the mess of "loud" VFX and SFX issues in the game. >_<)
    Post edited by novapolaris#2925 on
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    first thing i did before opting not to use the gear was equip it and right click looking for the disable visuals option, you know, like pretty much EVERYTHING on the ships?
    Spock.jpg

This discussion has been closed.