test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Obelisk Carrier/Dyson update

o0kami87o0kami87 Member Posts: 590 Arc User
Am I the only one wanting an updated Obelisk Carrier and Dyson ships? I would love to see a t6 version of these ships, they look great and have interesting gimmicks.
First, Vice Admiral, U.S.S. Wolf Pack-F, NX-101687-FFirst., Vice Admiral, A.R.W. Moon WolfWolf, I.K.S. Frost Bite
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    jarfarujarfaru Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    I would love this.
  • Options
    szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,724 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    Obelisk Carrier I'm pretty indifferent about - it would be neat to get swarmer squadrons.

For the Dyson ships, I think a 4-pack(1 per faction) of Miracle Worker Dyson Science Destroyers would be fantastic. I'd pick up a Jem Hadar Vanguard version in a heartbeat(they are in desperate need of a SecDef ship). They could probably lean into the 'Alliance' visual styling for them as well to create a thematic stepping stone of how those ships came to be.
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,716 Community Moderator
    I wouldn't mind seeing them at t6 because i'm weird and like weird ships, but that's me.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    I actually enjoyed the Solanae Carrier back in the day and would like to see a T6 version either as an Event reward or it could be added back into Sphere of Influence as a mission reward. It had a nice and unique bridge as well.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    nope, been asking for years, every time it comes up. sadly doesn't seem to be something cryptic is interested in.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    I still have a full Protonic build, waiting for the advent of a T6 Dyson Destroyer. So, yes please, make it so!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    The Dyson ships never really interested me but the Obelisk Carrier could be fun and if any pet should be a squadron Swarmers need that upgrade. The problem with the Obelisk carrier is it would need "something" as its an engineer carrier without any real role. The other two Engineer Carriers each have a special feature to make them stand out from Sci carriers. The Obelisk is more like a Sci Carrier without the Sci bits. Perhaps something to do with damage reflection to go with the console theme. Or something to do with engineering buffing pets.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,040 Community Moderator
    The Klingon Dyson is the best looking of the three IMO, with the Romulan following behind it. Fed one just looks lik aliens took one look at an Intrepid and tried to copy it.

Also I think the Klingon one looks AWESOME with the Klingon hull materials.

Seeing them get T6, and take advantage of the refined Sci Destroyer transformation mechanic would be nice. Also hopefully the Proton Cannons would be updated to be removable as well, like the tech was refined and made more modular.

And the Obelisk Carrier is overdue for a T6 as well.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I would love to see the Dyson and Obelisk ships get updated to T6 too. I'm another that likes unique ships too. Most of the time I'm flying Event ships rather than 'normal' ST-types.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    o0kami87o0kami87 Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »
    I would love to see the Dyson and Obelisk ships get updated to T6 too. I'm another that likes unique ships too. Most of the time I'm flying Event ships rather than 'normal' ST-types.
    These ships were beautiful works (inside and out) that the devs had to have put a lot of time into to make unique but still keep the factions feel and style imbedded into them. It feels a shame that they are under utilized now because of their aged stats
    First, Vice Admiral, U.S.S. Wolf Pack-F, NX-101687-FFirst., Vice Admiral, A.R.W. Moon WolfWolf, I.K.S. Frost Bite
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I have two captains who still occasionally fly their Dysons. They still get through Normal difficulty just fine.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    I don't give a toss about the Dysons, but the Obelisk needs updating if only because it's the ONLY Solanae ship in the game - as opposed to the other Iconian Servitors and the Iconians themselves who all have multiple ships.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,525 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    I have wanted T6 versions of both the Obelisk and the Dyson science destroyers for years, one of my characters even uses the Romulan Harpia class one as a T5uX as her main ship. Unfortunately, not only do the devs seem completely uninterested in making them, with the recent track record they would probably have that ugly and inappropriate parking-garage looking bridge instead of the two Solanae bridges (the larger bridge from the mission would be fantastic in the Obelisk if it isn't already in the T5s btw), and that nasty generic bridge would completely ruin the ambience of the ships.
  • Options
    cryptkeeper0cryptkeeper0 Member Posts: 989 Arc User
    I would like a new obelisk, but they need to address carrier the balance disparity. The obelisk is a engi full carrier that is not a flight deck carrier. This could come in many forms from new mechanics to taking existing ones. My favorite one is either a new mechanic or adding the vanguard mechanic to all full carriers that are not flight deck. Of course you would have to address vanguard carriers, I'd just give them improved vanguard replace the raider with warships or attack ships, make their abilities more powerful or add a new ability.

I know why they haven't done any of this as it would need new art new buttons and fx work, which would need to take time on their production schedule and I don't know its important enough issue to the dev team. To me its as important as miracle worker refresh, and a new spec.
  • Options
    IMO the Obelisk would probably work pretty well as a full Command spec ship.

I personally feel Command synergizes better with Carriers than Intel. Combinging FAW with Suppression Barrage makes things easier for your hanger pets to hit.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,608 Arc User
    I'd like a T6 Ori ship.. i mean Obelisk carrier. maybe a shield and impulse engine to go with the warp core
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    I'd like a T6 Ori ship.. i mean Obelisk carrier. maybe a shield and impulse engine to go with the warp core

Hallowed are MY QUANTUM TORPEDOS! ;)
  • Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    The delta recruit would have been a great time to release T6 versions of the Dyson ships… They look pretty sweet, and I’d create a whole new character just for the ship…

CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
This discussion has been closed.