test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to start game client: client quit unexpectedly

Comments

• asindar1asindar1 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    So, since this is the last day of an event that many of us could not get in to do, what are the chances that they extend it by a day or 2?

Some may be missing out on completing it. Others, like me, will miss out on 14K of Dil.
  • angusmcfifexiii#8078 angusmcfifexiii Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    I tried logging on but it crashed on the loading screen.
  • skryvaskryva Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    i have this too i am really confused
  • draktonndraktonn Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Same issue. client quit unexpectedly. I'm a programmer. Are you hiring? 30+ years experience. I've even offered to do it for free a couple times in the past.
  • scotty74321scotty74321 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    This happened years ago, around 2016 and it was a mess to sort, I hope they have the best jerryrigging techs on the job.
    When it is sorted , check all you toons, all your stuff , and all your traits carefully especially if you have a lot of toons. I hope the fix they get is a clean roll back or , clean corruption patch.
    Laddy, don't you think you should... rephrase that??
  • roninwolf1981#2968 roninwolf1981 Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited April 2023

My response was on a separate thread but with a similar header. I put in the request to merge the other thread into this one.

*Update:
    It's no longer showing that shard maintenance is to be taking place...
    zulcpro4fqyt.png

...but it is still giving me the same error.
    2cobyxtvpown.png

Isn't the server supposed to be down for the maintenance? (screenshots taken at this very minute)

• zeus#0893 zeus Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    Cryptic sure got cryptic on this one! :)n6whxxaa75al.png
  • asindar1asindar1 Member Posts: 89 Arc User

Isn't the server supposed to be down for the maintenance? (screenshots taken at this very minute)

Yes, but they are probably scratching their heads and working on this issue instead of taking down the servers to patch and still not having anyone able to get back in.
  • summer#2735 summer Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    Still can't conect even after maintainacevyd6qm71ubai.png
    ut6v15qzsrn7.png

I'm jusing steam.
  • falsfire1976falsfire1976 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    Add my name to the list of those unable to play. Patched 3gb+ multiple times now and still 'client quit unexpectedly' like everyone else...
  • illwynaillwyna Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    Twitter uddate:
    Due to the same technical issues we were struggling with last night, this morning's patch has been delayed until a very nebulous "later today." We'll keep you updated as best we can.
  • korrtakinkorrtakin Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    "Unable to start game client: client quit unexpectedly"
  • ryogahabikiryogahabiki Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    The launcher forced me to download another 2gb+ patch - after the patch was completed I now get the message "Unable to start game client: client quit unexpectedly" when I try to press engage

Same. Since last night force update (the game) now I get "Unable to start game client: client quit unexpectedly". I have done 5 force verifies and 5 reboots.

Submitted a Ticket (#887184)
  • darpinkdarpink Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    Same problem here even after the patch this morning 4/6/2023
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,163 Arc User
    Maintenance for today is currently delayed

• shadowleopard64#3762 shadowleopard64 Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    welcome to the NEW DLL Hell everyone lol
  • matzdaadmatzdaad Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    Awwww KRAP, NOT AGAIN!!!
    MatzDaad
    Fleet: 8th Expeditionary Command
    Member since 2/15/2012

• dxpepperdxpepper Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    I have an old Delta Recruit character that is stuck in the mission where the Tal Shira is controlling your mind and you are trying to escape. I complete the ground portion and the next step is to escape to your ship. Crashes at that point and now future attempts to load character will crash the client.
  • skk1701jskk1701j Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    Problems always at the end of events. :(

Never update before holidays :wink:
  • dxpepperdxpepper Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    I wanted to fix an issue tied to a Delta recruit character crashing the game when I try to load it and I also have an issue with the current (April 6) Red Alert event crashing the game when the TFO tries to load to warp in. Now that I used the option, trying to use the Engage button causes the message client failed to start. I also tried playing on Linux (Ubuntu) but that version crashes too often to be worth attempting.

Getting very frustrated with this experience trying to return to the game I used to enjoy.
  • totenmettotenmet Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    It is now after 16:00h UCT (6th April2023) still getting: Unable to start game client: client quit unexpectedly

When will this be solved?
  • coraxdracocoraxdraco Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Just adding me to the list of people experiencing this problem.
  • jonathonbarcherjonathonbarcher Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I am experiencing the same exact issue. It was working around 6AM CDT today (6th). After it patched I logged into KDF character at ship vendor. Went to transporter and game crashed. Got first gameclient crash, Did force verify and safe login to no avail. Tried deleting prepatch\piggs\*.hogg files / gameclient program and verify / safe again. No joy, still get "Unable to start game client: client quit unexpectedly" after GameClient.exe was restored. Many of the *\Live\piggs\*.hogg files are only 65k after the force verify. Hopefully, they will fix this soon.
  • jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    eazzie wrote: »

Bleh
  • syrupofsquillsyrupofsquill Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    Any news if this is fixed or affecting everyone? Can we get news when it is fixed? 3.5gig something dl after the 2.something dl that broke yesterday and still experiencing same issue,client crashed unexpectedly or something.
  • vorlonangelvorlonangel Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    Same issue and it is almost 1:00 PM EST. As usual whenever a patch occurs. Hope all of your toons were in space somewhere or you may have lost your loadouts as well. Never/Always fails.
  • nightdragon81nightdragon81 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Sharing my Story

at around 1130 pm PST I was on my KDF char, trying to go into the bridge, was loading and it was doing some On-demand patching, at that point it crashed to desktop, with an error code, (dont remember sorry) tried again with same character, crash, different error code, etc, tried logging in with different chr i could with no issue.

then i tired fixing the problem by deleting the bins.hogg file and i think the data.hogg file and forcing a verify.

after that, it became to Client closed unexipectitedly problem.
  • tarzhay#4294 tarzhay Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Logged in no problem, did my event daily, got my endeavors out of the way, set up and leveled a new ship, decided to try out the new event universal module, so I transwarped to Nimbus, and my character is now apparently caught in a black hole of crashing on load. I can log into other characters, but not that one.
  • nightdragon81nightdragon81 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    i had this same issue, was going to the bridge on my kdf char and crashed, tried to force verify, and now in client unexpectedly hell.