test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to start game client: client quit unexpectedly

Comments

• Options
    conradhauserconradhauser Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    this has been happening to a few of us BEFORE the recent patch!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1270082/troubles-starting-the-game
  • Options
    amazingprotonamazingproton Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    There is apparently a fix coming tomorrow, so I hope they extend the event. it's pretty crappy that this issue happened during one of the largest Star Trek Holidays. Game's been out how many years now? over 8 years? and they can't figure out how to patch a game?
    hopkaiihopkaii Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    Same error here, I have been playing this game since the beta and the quality of the basic operation of this game is - at the moment - the worst its been I think.
  • Options
    borg0vermindborg0vermind Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    glasswords wrote: »
    If you try launching the game directly, for me "D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Star Trek Online\Star Trek Online\Live\x64", there are a few DLLs missing from the build. My guess is whomever packaged it up forgot a bunch of files.

I have tried both Arc and Steam and it was the same result.
    PhysXCooking_64.dll missing
    steam_api64.dll missing
    vivoxsdk.dll missing

Copied PhysXCooking_64.dll and steam_api64.dll from other games, but I cannot find vivoxsdk.dll.
    Until they fix their build, there will be no pew-pew.

I fully confirm this.
    - Patched 1h ago, game completely broken.
    - Copying the .dlls from an older backup did not make it work, it just throws new error.
    - Full install from scratch - same problem, dlls are missing, gameclient not launching (only launcher UI works).
  • Options
    amazingprotonamazingproton Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game and Arc Client about 3 times.. Nothing works.
    sp74656sp74656 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    The launcher forced me to download another 2gb+ patch - after the patch was completed I now get the message "Unable to start game client: client quit unexpectedly" when I try to press engage

Happy First Contact Day.
    6odi2klzgg8s.jpg
  • Options
    shakesthecatshakesthecat Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Hahaha...that pic just made my night!
  • Options
    jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    Same issue over here as well patch and then unexpected quit message.

Games broken.
  • Options
    mephizton2092mephizton2092 Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    mk8y6zxcwqkn.jpg
    Same issue, yesterday patch of 1gb, and since today it started with another 1 gb patch unable to launch game
    "Reports of our depression are vastly exaggerated."
    "Anyaway, we don't often see a sense of humor in Section 31."
  • Options
    necriemoonnecriemoon Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    Sadly, same issue here. I tried Force Verifying, Safe Mode, deleting all my hogg files and redownloading them, trying to use the US proxy, restarting, running check disk on my SSD, checking for driver updates. Looks like it's an issue with the client? pbzib8ntzff5.jpg
  • Options
    nordson#8845 nordson Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Same, same
  • Options
    ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    The devs are aware of the issue... hopefully they'll have it fixed soon™
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • Options
    spacehermitspacehermit Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    I have this problem too.
  • Options
    gideon0071gideon0071 Member Posts: 2 Arc User

can't log in, windows after patch last night
  • Options
    borg0vermindborg0vermind Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    Don't bother trying anything, It's broken at server level and that enforces the mess on the local files. There's nothing we can do locally to fix it.
  • Options
    cisticolacisticola Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Same problem here. I tried force verify and now its patching again. Time for another coffee I guess...
  • Options
    aranhiamaranhiam Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    Cheekie update sneaking bugs to prevent us from playing.
  • Options
    xceptionalzeroxceptionalzero Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    same: Unable to start game client: client quit unexpectedly
  • Options
    cambera#8319 cambera Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Experienced a different problem with the game crashing on attempting to beam to Vulcan - ticket submitted.
    So I uninstalled and reinstalled and ran straight into this bun fight - "Unable to start game client: client quit unexpectedly"
    Wish that I had checked this forum BEFORE uninstalling :smile:
  • Options
    ulisseys#6140 ulisseys Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    same here i tried everything... literally everything including reinstall clean. safe mode, re patching, admin doesnt work. launching through steam, as well... the error just randomly started no rhyme or reason. i have a brand new computer and everthing is up to date and perfect.
  • Options
    mardok4mardok4 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I just tried to play Illusion of Communication mission and it crashes to desktop (100% of the time) trying to load a file. I have that character stuck in that loop now.

I have 2 characters stuck like that now. They are both on separate missions. It freezes while loading at 46.13.

• Options
    arabaturarabatur Member Posts: 408 Arc User
    Got into the game with no issues @0900 GMT, but now I get a CTD everytime, regardless of character, after 2 or so minutes.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • Options
    darpinkdarpink Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    gideon0071 wrote: »
    I'm having the same issue.

• Options
    tokyorose#7159 tokyorose Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    i just started playing this game yesterday and this happens LOL i legit have no idea whats going on.
  • Options
    cambera#8319 cambera Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    i just started playing this game yesterday and this happens LOL i legit have no idea whats going on.

I can honestly say - you are not alone in that boat. It normally isn't that bad - yes like all games it happens occassionally but bear with it...
  • Options
    nieskenieske Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I think I have something similar going on. I tried to play the last mission of the Delta Quadrant missions, and while trying to beam down to the planet my game crashed. And then it crashed every time I tried to load that character.

The good news was that after waiting a while (I think it is 15 minutes, after that your character gets booted from an instance) I was back in space. Of course little curious me tried to play the mission again and it crashed again.

but seeing the responses here, it is not the mission that is bugged, but a more global issue.
  • Options
    tokyorose#7159 tokyorose Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    > @"cambera#8319" said:
    > I can honestly say - you are not alone in that boat. It normally isn't that bad - yes like all games it happens occassionally but bear with it...

yeah i got really into it a couple days ago shame i only had a few good hours before i randoky got kicked off and couldnt get back in since, I have always been a treky, so finding this game with a big universe i had big hopes lol.
  • Options
    magsawmagsaw Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Same problem here. I just wasted two hours installing, reinstalling, verifying, working with NVIDIA drivers and rebooting, trying to fix a problem I can't fix on my end. This experience felt less than professional.
  • Options
    xceptionalzeroxceptionalzero Member Posts: 76 Arc User