test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Confederation of Earth Reputation?

vesh20vesh20 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
Will Cryptic add Confederation of Earth Reputation? And will be there 13th Anniversary ship bundle connected to the Confederation of Earth? I found the twisted, parallel universe with the Confederation to be.....fascinating!
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,806 Arc User
    That would be kind of weird.

The idea behind most reputations is that you're helping allies or fighting certain enemies. Helping the Romulan Republic, fighting the Borg.

Unless they plan on adding the Confederation as an enemy (keep in mind, its origin is more than ten years in STO's past), I don't think this is going to happen.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,043 Community Moderator
    Well... we haven't gotten a new rep track for quite a while. But I don't think we're getting one for the Confederation. Unless they establish that the Confederation timeline wasn't aborted as it was an overwrite style of time travel that was common in Star Trek. You know... the kind where they have to restore the timeline. There was no indication that it was like the Kelvin Timeline, which branched off the Prime.

Could we see something Confederation related outside of the lockbox? Maybe. But I don't see how a rep track will play into anything at this time. We also just finished the Terran arc, and some people might not be thrilled for what would basically be Terran 2: Electric Boogaloo.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,268 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Well... we haven't gotten a new rep track for quite a while. But I don't think we're getting one for the Confederation. Unless they establish that the Confederation timeline wasn't aborted as it was an overwrite style of time travel that was common in Star Trek. You know... the kind where they have to restore the timeline. There was no indication that it was like the Kelvin Timeline, which branched off the Prime.

Could we see something Confederation related outside of the lockbox? Maybe. But I don't see how a rep track will play into anything at this time. We also just finished the Terran arc, and some people might not be thrilled for what would basically be Terran 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Also people might see the Confederation as a "poor man's Terrans" anyway so they'd be even less thrilled about a storyline involving them.
  • Options
    truewarpertruewarper Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    I for one, want no part of the disgusting version of the Federation.
    52611496918_3c42b8bab8.jpg
    Departing from Sol *Earth* by Carlos A Smith,on Flickr
    SPACE---The Last and Great Frontier. A 14th-year journey
    Vna res, una mens, unum cor et anima una. Cetera omnia, somnium est.
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,395 Arc User
    edited January 2023
    Also, the Confederation is from an alternate timeline that AFAIK got erased by Q/space-time continuum in general.

But then again, Star Trek is weird when it comes whether timelines get erased or continue to exist separately even after the diverging point gets fixed.

Besides, according to the story,
    the Confederation is pretty much what our current real timeline is gonna become.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    If it got erased, how do we have their stuff?​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,370 Arc User
    Wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,395 Arc User
    edited January 2023
    The STO logic is that Starfleet ships always have powerful, constantly on, scanners whose data allows them to recreate any ship. And said scanners are immune to temporal shenanigans.

Which, when you consider Prodigy and the Dauntless-class, isn't that farfetched.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,780 Arc User
    spiritborn wrote: »
    rattler2 wrote: »

Also people might see the Confederation as a "poor man's Terrans" anyway so they'd be even less thrilled about a storyline involving them.

Or "Mirror Spock's Terrans", Emperor Spock tried to reform the Terran Empire into something closer to the Confederation since the Empire was already on the verge of collapse by the time Prime Kirk crossed over into the Mirror Universe, however the Terran Empire still collapsed but it was delayed to the 24th century.
  • Options
    Also, the Confederation is from an alternate timeline that AFAIK got erased by Q/space-time continuum in general.

But then again, Star Trek is weird when it comes whether timelines get erased or continue to exist separately even after the diverging point gets fixed.

the Confederation is pretty much what our current real timeline is gonna become.

Wonder if that happened to the Original K'mtar from TNG, who went back in time to save Worf from assassination, tried to convince Worf to make young Alexander a warrior and then tried to kill his younger self when all else failed in order to change the timeline.

Did he get erased as well or ended trapped in the present day?
  • Options
    vesh20vesh20 Member Posts: 56 Arc User

Wonder if that happened to the Original K'mtar from TNG, who went back in time to save Worf from assassination, tried to convince Worf to make young Alexander a warrior and then tried to kill his younger self when all else failed in order to change the timeline.

Did he get erased as well or ended trapped in the present day?
    That's a paradox! ;)

• Options
    coaldust#7044 coaldust Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    I'd be curious to see what kind of new rep they introduce, if they do. It'd either be some race we've not yet had a connection with (hmm, maybe Tzenkethi? Could be an interesting story direction), or something entirely new, perhaps to tie in with new story content the way the Lukari did.

I'd be happy to see something totally new.
    "We've learned that friendship isn't always easy. But there's no doubt it's worth fighting for."
  • Options
    I'd be curious to see what kind of new rep they introduce, if they do. It'd either be some race we've not yet had a connection with (hmm, maybe Tzenkethi? Could be an interesting story direction), or something entirely new, perhaps to tie in with new story content the way the Lukari did.

I'd be happy to see something totally new.

Pretty sure the Tzenkethi is covered by the Lukari Rep and the Lobi store,

As for something New we could add a Deferi Rep despite them not being well liked or well written with the species as a whole being suicidal and all.
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,531 Arc User
    If they were to make a new rep from something already in the game, I would prefer they did the Kobali rather than the much less interesting Deferi with their very flawed implementation of balance. Better yet would be something else entirely, but either way the devs have said several times that they are not planning any new reps for the foreseeable future, so the point is probably moot.
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,197 Arc User
    With a Confederation it would be closer to the Space Quest universe.
This discussion has been closed.