test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

SERVER NOT RESPONDING disconnects

looking back on the forums, this problem seems to recur every 5 years or so. This is NOT the five-year mission I signed up for :) ! Seriously, this keeps happening and I don't think I'm alone. My internet service, modem and pc are all up to snuff, why does this keep happening?
Post edited by rattler2 on

Comments

• Options
    ozwynozwyn Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    been seeing a lot of those myself of late.,,,
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,000 Arc User
    This is not a gameplay support issue but a Pc, network etc etc etc thread. With that said I will paste a reply a mod posted on another thread on this same issue.

The post was made by Rattler2 .... Unfortunately its entirely possible that the path between you and the servers is getting bottlenecked, in which case its not on either you or Cryptic, but whatever is in between.

Think of it like city streets. Home is your computer, your destination is the STO Server. And every intersection between the two are nodes controlled by other entities. Any one of them could be the cause.

Best way to figure out where the problem is I think is to do a traceroute, which should bring up nodes along the way and might reveal any network congestion along the way.

How to perform said traceroute can be found here ..... https://support.arcgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017622954-Performing-a-traceroute-tracert-
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    Moved to network issues
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    drycraeft#5841 drycraeft Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited September 2022
    I'm getting the same they must be doing stuff they don't exactly plan every bug fix and patch and when that happens they don't let us connect while they do it. Although today they do have planned maintenance but i don't think it's exactly at the time stated for different locations so if it goes off they're probs doing it for us now.
    Post edited by drycraeft#5841 on
  • Options
    vaylikvaylik Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    well just got in right as had a post written up.