test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The icons on the main STO and Neverwinter forums are now squished today in Arc + Chrome.

sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,471 Arc User
Dear Cryptic and Gearbox,

Starting today, the icons to the left of the various forum pages using Google Chrome have gotten squished and are no longer the proper size anymore. It was not this way a few days ago.

wle5wgrvj7sp.png

P.S. According to questerius, also affects Firefox. Update from corinthalas, it affects Microsoft Edge too. @ambassadorkael#6946 @rattler2 @darkbladejk @baddmoonrizin @wingedhussar#7584 Please bring to the Gearbox devs' attention as well the blindingly white background on the new STO forums and that thankfully is not in the Arc forums anymore.
Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,320 Arc User
    and in firefox. Looks like the pictures have been stretched. Should be easily fixed.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    Yea... I just noticed this. Was fine this morning.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User
    I think maybe they consider the new site, which was apparently made for phone screens in vertical mode (from what someone said in an earlier thread about the new site and forum format), the primary and adjusted the icons for the narrower screen width which makes it stretch on a typical modern PC screen.
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    With how buggy and unfinished the game can be or how the social media posts go, does it surprise anyone the forums would be the same?

I'm more surprised by how long it's taking to fix, rather than the fact that it's happening.
  • Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    They've been squished for me for quite a while... I can't remember them NOT being squished since this forum style was implemented...

??
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    I just use the old forum and not worry about it until the kill it
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    I'm not going to lie... I KNOW that Cryptic is supposedly raking in tons of money with STO and NW but with the things you hear devs say and how poor quality the games seem to be at the moment, i have a lot of questions about the current state of the company. It's a VERY mixed message.

Regardless, i'm STILL surprised that it hasn't been fixed yet, and will be curious how long it will be until it is.

They HAVE to know it's been like that for a while now, yeah?
  • Options
    Yea they are making money, but Cryptic is running at least 3 games right now. At the same time. On top of that I don't know how much of a cut Gearbox is getting, or how much of a cut PWE got before the buyout. There's financial things behind the scenes we're not seeing. STO is doing well enough to get actual Trek actors to reprise their roles. That much is certain. But that's not really what we're discussing here.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,471 Arc User
    @baddmoonrizin @rattler2 Can you ask about this?
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,328 Community Moderator
    Query noted. Inquiry submitted. Awaiting feedback.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Yea they are making money, but Cryptic is running at least 3 games right now. At the same time. On top of that I don't know how much of a cut Gearbox is getting, or how much of a cut PWE got before the buyout. There's financial things behind the scenes we're not seeing. STO is doing well enough to get actual Trek actors to reprise their roles. That much is certain. But that's not really what we're discussing here.

True to that first part but i'm just more of the opinion that this should have been an easy to fix issue. The company clearly is doing well financially from what's been getting passed around in some places (NW REALLY surprised me on that), but it's the actual work or reasons behind no work that make this suspect for me. As you said, there is a lot behind the scenes that we don't see and WHO is taking HOW much is probably a HUGE part of that.

Legitimately, i was surprised that you and the other mods don't have access to that, just for this very situation.

Do we know WHO actually does run the forums? After they did that change not too long ago, I thought Kael said HE did it in the livestream but then you guys said it wasn't him but another company who did the switch.

I'm not gonna lie, though... If they did a reverse Power Girl and made them smaller and smaller each week, until people took notice, I would get a huge laugh out of that.
  • Options
    Legitimately, i was surprised that you and the other mods don't have access to that, just for this very situation.

Do we know WHO actually does run the forums? After they did that change not too long ago, I thought Kael said HE did it in the livestream but then you guys said it wasn't him but another company who did the switch.

As we mods are only volunteers, we're not connected with Cryptic as a business.

As for running the forums... I think that would be the Vanilla people. We just live rent free on their forums as far as I know. We actually have a permissions issue in GNN that even Kael is frustrated by.
    IMO its kinda like how ModDB works. You can set up your forums on their site and run it how you want within reason, but they are the ones running the actual software. Whenever we have issues with the Forums, Kael goes to the Vanilla people.
  • Options
    Nutty, but good to know. Thank you
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,328 Community Moderator
    Query noted. Inquiry submitted. Awaiting feedback.

got an update?

I'm checking on this again. It's not clear to me whether this is something Cryptic can handle, or whether we're reliant on Vanilla to correct.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    Personally... I think it might be on Vanilla's end. But until we hear back from the boss man... it is just speculation on my part. We'll keep our eyes open for an answer.
  • Options
    can we get an update...

Still looking into it.
This discussion has been closed.