test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Which of the new Star Trek Shows is your favourite so far?

baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
Since the last 5 years have seen quite a lot of new Star Trek shows, I think it would be time to see which one was best received among fans.
Let me just say that the purpose of this poll is not to bash any of the new shows. We all know that most were a huge miss with more or less fans. Everybody is entitled to like any show. Be respectful!
That being said, I love the first 2 episodes of Strange New Worlds and I enjoy watching Lower Decks. Prodigy is obviously made for a very young generation, that's why it would be unfair of me to speak ill of it. Discovery had its ups and downs from enjoyable episodes to absolutely unwatchable.
So what do you guys think? Let me know!
Go pro or go home

Which of the new Star Trek Shows is your favourite so far? 10 votes

Discovery
0%
Picard
0%
Strange New Worlds
60%
jonsillsbaudltazraz101sthe91phoenixc#0738dewolf13 6 votes
Lower Decks
40%
timelords1701angrytargannemarie30smokebailey 4 votes
Prodigy
0%

Comments

• Options
    Strange New Worlds
    Is it just me who finds this new forum layout utterly unintuitive and difficult to navigate?
    Go pro or go home
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,022 Community Moderator
    Already got a thread where people can post their pros/cons in one place for AmbassadorKael to use as ammo.

Also... I can't see any of the options in your poll. Just... there are options...

Oh you have to HIGHLIGHT them to see the names because its frickin' white on white!
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Strange New Worlds
    rattler2 wrote: »

Also... I can't see any of the options in your poll. Just... there are options...

Yes, seems that white on white is the default option for polls...as I said, the new forum UI is horrible. Also, even in "edit" mode I can't seem to find a recolour option.
    Go pro or go home
  • Options
    timelords1701timelords1701 Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    Lower Decks
    I absolutely love Lower Decks.
    I enjoyed Prodigy.
    I enjoyed both seasons of Picard.
    I really like Strange New Worlds.
    Discovery was different and I enjoyed the first 2 seasons, season 3 certain episode moments got fast forwarded, season 4 had a lot of fast forwarding to skip a lot of the tripe, wont be bothering with that series if it comes back for a 5th season..
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    Lower Decks
    Lower Decks! Lower Decks! Lower Decks!
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,367 Arc User
    Strange New Worlds
    I like all of them, but I like SNW most of all.

(Part of the problem with PIC, especially season 2, is that it's about Jean-Luc Picard specifically. Yes, there are other characters, but it's not about the adventures of Jean-Luc and crew, it's about him. And most folks weren't expecting that.)
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    Well, if people weren't expecting that of a show literally named after a specific character, that's on them - I WAS expecting it.
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Lower Decks
    > @jonsills said:
    > I like all of them, but I like SNW most of all.
    >
    > (Part of the problem with PIC, especially season 2, is that it's about Jean-Luc Picard specifically. Yes, there are other characters, but it's not about the adventures of Jean-Luc and crew, it's about him. And most folks weren't expecting that.)

The problem with it, in my opinion, is that his story is not the story of the man we got to know through TNG and beyond, though. I avoid spoilers, but his whole conflict in S2 is completely new AND contradicted some things we did know about him. It doesn't feel authentic. The reconciliation with a certain 'rival' though was fantastic and, although cheesy, made it worth it.

In regards to the poll, I can't see the options nor can I highlight them on my phone. But I'd go with Lower Decks because it is a love letter to the classic Treks and that is where my heart is 😁
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User
    Strange New Worlds
    So far, from best to worst: Strange New Worlds, Lower Decks, Discovery, Picard. I have not seen Prodigy at all so I cannot place it in the list.
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,600 Arc User
    Lower Decks
    I voted Lower Decks, because it's so irreverent to the rest of Star Trek, but you can tell the creators and writers LOVE Star Trek. it's like the hot rod guys who dropped a Corvette motor into a Tesla
    We Want Vic Fontaine