Install Arc
Options

unable to start game client: Client quit unexpectedly

2»

Comments

• Options
    makuri#3738 makuri Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2022

I'm sure i am not the only one who would most appreciate to not be forced to move on to windows 10 before
    January 2023 (Official MS Support end of Windows 8).

I agree.
    after all arcgames.com has not changed the system requirements for this game, they always foresee win 8 and directx 11
  • Options
    r24681012r24681012 Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    Anyone having problem logging on my launcher is all good I click engage and get message unable to start game client quit unexpectedly
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • Options
    paddy#3322 paddy Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    I am also having this problem. I have contacted customer support but since it's not my system or drivers they are recommending I uninstall the game and then reinstall it. I will try that later as I have work soon.
    RIP (2022) : Officer Wilbert Mota, Corporal Charles Galloway, Detective Jason Rivera, Officer Fernando
    Arroyos, Officer John Painter, K9 Jedi, K9 Maya, Deputy Constable Neil Adams, Officer Jorge
    David Alvarado, Sergeant Joshua Cordell, Trooper Martin Mack, Trooper Branden Sisca,
    Lieutenant William Lebo
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,411 Community Moderator
    /merged threads
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,831 Arc User
    I've uninstalled and reinstalled and still the same problem...be nice if the devs cared enough to fix this any time soon
  • Options
    agentwormagentworm Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    Same here win 8.1 game wont run. Reinstalled Arc and Reinstalled the game and still wont run. Have Game installed on the wifes $500 POS HP and Win 10 and game runs. Installed Neverwinter and runs fine. I have 10 years of my life invested in this game.
  • Options
    sfofficer123sfofficer123 Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    I just had a final reply from customer support, it read:

(Private correspondence removed. - BMR)

Nothing to do but wait and hope they patch it soon, I guess. Hope they extend the current event for those of us unable to play due to their mistakes.
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • Options
    birkepbirkep Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    Oh, the QA team is working on it? Well then, it should be sorted momentarily. /s
  • Options
    stolokstolok Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    Today I can confirm that Windows 10 and DirectX 12 is the missing requirement. I've had the license codes for years, but never used them. And it took most of an afternoon to install, and it wasn't fun. The resistance to Wind'ohs 10 is not irrational.

But after suffering through an install I was able to simply copy my game files onto the system running Windows 10 and it runs. I could sign in and play the game OK. Map changing is molasses slow for some reason. I'm guessing that might be related to the problem reported with the Blue Shift mission. People were not able to complete map changes and they 'fixed' something.

That said, I still loathe Windows 10. Every interaction with it increases the loathing. If this is the new normal, my future playing STO is limited. I'm hoping the Linux emulation will catch up in a few weeks and I can just play that way.
  • Options
    haffkes#0838 haffkes Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Hello fellow Players and Dev's,

i was most delighted to see this lil' note on twitter yesterday, 2 hrs after my post:

"If you're receiving the "Game Client Quit Unexpectedly" error, we're looking into it this morning. Thanks for your patience."
    The acknowledgement i been asking for. :)

But not only that, this morning (EU Zone) i found this twitter:

"Star Trek Online will have unscheduled PC maintenance tomorrow, 5/12, at 7am PT. Estimated downtime is 2.5 hours. You can find the patch notes here:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11517033&quot;

And in the patch notes, what do we find first?

"General:
    Resolved an issue that was preventing the game client from starting on Windows 8 operating system."

That i call a job well done. Thank you devs and everyone involved.

Cheers

Haffkes
  • Options
    makuri#3738 makuri Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    with today's new patch I was able to access the game.
    the system requirements are back to being win 8.1 and dx 11.
    heartfelt thanks to all those who have worked hard to solve the problem.
  • Options
    samargathasamargatha Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    I can confirm it works now after patch fix. Thx!
  • Options
    thelatathelata Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    Todays patch didnt fix the Windows 8 problem,im still getting the unable to start game client error message :(
  • Options
    dillontrdillontr Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I keep getting the same error on Windoze 10. Absolutely infuriating, I have tried everything I can think of as well as ideas posted in this thread. Still waiting for support to respond...