test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why are the forums suddenly white?

evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
Who decided to make the forums solid white all of a sudden? It's bothering my eyes, would really like to either see it reverted or at the very least a dark mode option added.
Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
eaY7Xxu.png
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,359 Community Moderator
    vVFJ4Ql.png
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,787 Arc User
    I first thought it was some kind of bug, the all white forums looks weird, But I think is growing on me.
  • Options
    I first thought it was some kind of bug, the all white forums looks weird, But I think is growing on me.

No! NO!! Don't go into the light!!!
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,677 Community Manager
    I have zero idea how this occurred, and I hate it. We'll get it fixed.
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User

Thank you very much, sir!
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    I can't even see how to start a new thread, though I can see enough to reply. I sure don't know how the person started this thread, it was fine about 12:30pm (pacific) yet sometime between then and now it went blinding...
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,677 Community Manager
    strathkin wrote: »
    I can't even see how to start a new thread, though I can see enough to reply. I sure don't know how the person started this thread, it was fine about 12:30pm (pacific) yet sometime between then and now it went blinding...

It appears to be the giant red button at the VERY bottom of the page.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,076 Community Moderator
    Its also hard to see WHERE you can type things too.

Yea I do not like this either.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 989 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    Mirror Janeway’s nanites must have infected the forum too. The mobile UI is more difficult to navigate. All the menus are buried on the bottom of the page. I may have to read real news on the train this morning instead.
  • Options
    edited May 2022

I saw that to Post a Comment to an existing thread; yet don't see anything to start a new Discussion; then I realized it's like 4-5 pages of white nothingness it shows up. Still Thank You for responding Kael, hopefully they can fix or resolve this soon!

siklhls.png

Seems most the Login issues are resolved now on PC at least it seems that way; and I haven't had any problems yet doing Blue Shirt either; even got back into the Runabout. I did receive the Terran Knife, yet it also seem unable to be upgraded, similar to the Quad Polaron Cannon's with the Legendary Jem Ship; when they released. I'll create a bug report, but right now can't start a thread. :)

jqWatme.png
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,103 Arc User
    Too bright!!!
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    orangenee#2931 orangenee Member Posts: 837 Arc User
    Who pressed the button? Come on, we won't hurt you.
  • Options
    psymantispsymantis Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    Maybe this is how the forum normally looks to a Terran?
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,638 Arc User

Wow. That is wayyyyyyyyyyy down there. I kinda stopped scrolling at an entire screen full of white past the tags. Now to remember what bug I was going to report(wasn't one of the common ones).
  • Options
    husanakxhusanakx Member Posts: 1,599 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    You guys may have accidently edited your main stylesheet. lol
    style.min.css; major.min.css; style.min.css
    border-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.3);

I'm going to assume its not supposed to be Full on 255 white.
    Just hit it with a text editor... 10s fix. ;)
  • Options
    faelon#8433 faelon Member Posts: 358 Arc User

Many thanks. As a user/player with minor cataracts the white background with small black lettering is brutal and painful.
  • Options
    millefune#8468 millefune Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    I haven't been to the forums for... I guess a few weeks now? But now everything is super bright, and I can't see a lot of the things that used to be shown, like who started a thread, how many pages there are, etc. I tried looking for a way to change the forum settings to a "dark mode" or some kind of style change, but I can't find where to do that. When I click on my icon on the top-right of the screen, it only gives me ways to change my profile settings, and not how I view the forum.

If it's possible, can anyone give me directions on what to look for, and where to click, please?
  • Options
    qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 989 Arc User
    > @husanakx said:
    > You guys may have accidently edited your main stylesheet. lol
    > style.min.css; major.min.css; style.min.css
    > border-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.3);
    >
    > I'm going to assume its not supposed to be Full on 255 white.
    > Just hit it with a text editor... 10s fix. ;)

It isn’t just the format. A lot of the buttons and elements have changed location as well as design. It is probably on vanilla form’s end not Cryptic’s.
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,772 Arc User
    Well, I can't find an image of video of the Champions Online guy who says it, I'll have rely on the Futurama guy who said it first...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtRNg5uSKQ0

please.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    /merged threads
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    husanakxhusanakx Member Posts: 1,599 Arc User
    qultuq wrote: »
    > @husanakx said:
    > You guys may have accidently edited your main stylesheet. lol
    > style.min.css; major.min.css; style.min.css
    > border-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.3);
    >
    > I'm going to assume its not supposed to be Full on 255 white.
    > Just hit it with a text editor... 10s fix. ;)

It isn’t just the format. A lot of the buttons and elements have changed location as well as design. It is probably on vanilla form’s end not Cryptic’s.

I was just ribbing them. I assume someone changed the default theme in their dashboard, or accidently deleted one of the .css files under their theme folder. Some themes have 4 or 5 .css files read by the main style sheet. One may have been deleted by accident, renamed or just got corrupted. The easiest real fix is probably to just pull the /themes/ folder from a recent backup and CPing to their live install.
  • Options
    So, quick update here. This was done...intentionally. Not by me, obviously. I've impressed upon the folks responsible that this particular color layout is actively painful for many of us, and they said they are looking into a color change. I'll keep ya'll updated and keep bugging them best I can.
  • Options
    jDtXINt.png
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    I haven't been to the forums for... I guess a few weeks now? But now everything is super bright, and I can't see a lot of the things that used to be shown, like who started a thread, how many pages there are, etc. I tried looking for a way to change the forum settings to a "dark mode" or some kind of style change, but I can't find where to do that. When I click on my icon on the top-right of the screen, it only gives me ways to change my profile settings, and not how I view the forum.

If it's possible, can anyone give me directions on what to look for, and where to click, please?

Yea most people can't, so we'll have to wait to they get it fixed. I finally just found the elusive Start a New Discussion "ambassadorkael#6946" so graciously pointed out. Yet at first I couldn't find it cause I saw nothing but empty white below, yet later someone said keep going as if you keep scrolling down about 2-3 empty pages of white you'll eventually see this.

P6Yhc8Z.png

They are aware however, so hopefully someone working to fix it.
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,772 Arc User
    OT - Speaking of Merge...

Here's what will happen when two galaxies merge.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1Dm6taJRZQ

It ain't gonna be pretty, folks.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Kael linked to the new website, which I'm using on my phone right now. I hate change, but hoped ot at least meant no more arcgames. But the new website's forum link just refers back to arcgames, so you have the arcgames frame inside the new frame. It is a mess, but I hope once migration is complete it'll be better...
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
This discussion has been closed.