test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Characters Wearing Beachwear on Drozana Station

roninwolf1981#2968 roninwolf1981 Member Posts: 569 Arc User
Every weekend or so whenever I frequent a party being held at Drozana Station, I'd see a few characters wearing beachwear or bikinis. I tried having my characters switching over to their summer beachwear, but I keep getting an error saying that the attire is not allowed on the map.

How are other people able to have their characters wear their summer/beachwear on Drozana? Is this exclusive to the Lifetime Subscriber people?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,281 Arc User
    Those are glitched outfits - many moons ago when swimsuits were new, Cryptic managed to TRIBBLE up their addition (as they do everything they add), so doing certain actions would result in the removal of the swimsuit flag for any outfit slots that had it - of course, it was fixed after a few months, but it wasn't a retroactive fix, as the nature of the tailor system doesn't allow for forced updates on outfit slots. As long as you never change (and confirm those changes) anything related to that slot, you keep the glitched outfit forever.

Same issue with the ship outfit system, which is why you may occasionally see a Vengeance Intel Dreadnought wildly larger than typical examples of the class.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    Those are glitched outfits - many moons ago when swimsuits were new, Cryptic managed to TRIBBLE up their addition (as they do everything they add), so doing certain actions would result in the removal of the swimsuit flag for any outfit slots that had it - of course, it was fixed after a few months, but it wasn't a retroactive fix, as the nature of the tailor system doesn't allow for forced updates on outfit slots. As long as you never change (and confirm those changes) anything related to that slot, you keep the glitched outfit forever.

Same issue with the ship outfit system, which is why you may occasionally see a Vengeance Intel Dreadnought wildly larger than typical examples of the class.​​

RIP me, then...

I must have created my 1st character LONG after said "many moons ago" (I only started playing late 2019).
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,277 Arc User
    edited April 2022
    There's also a small selection of Swimsuits that can be used in the off-duty slot, though the selection is very limited.
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,548 Arc User
    edited April 2022
    Also, one of the outfits they sell at Risa isn't really a swimsuit, it is a Triskelion gladiator's costume that happens to show a lot of skin, similar to how the top of Andrea's outfit from What Little Girls Are Made Of (which you can get from K-13) can be used in non-beach areas. There is another sold at Risa that is simply a summer halter top which, probably because of the way the models work, clings so tight that it looks almost like a wide-strapped bikini top though it is meant to go with shorts (sold separately) as off duty summerwear.

All three of those still work because they are not technically beachwear in the first place, though STO does not tell you that in the tooltips for them.
    Post edited by phoenixc#0738 on
  • Options
    paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,787 Arc User
    spiritborn wrote: »
    There's also a small selection of Swimsuits that can be used in the off-duty slot, though the selection is very limited.

I would like a complete list of that small selection so I'll know what to buy at the next Risa Summer Festival.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,528 Arc User
    Cryptic tailor logic:

Orion metal bikini? Sure, it's peachy.

Fabric bikini? Unclean! Kill it with fire!!!

Sigh. Just remove the tailor restrictions for both captains and boffs. Sure, *someone* will be deeply offended, but someone is already deeply offended that captains and boffs can wear any non-canon uniforms.

“It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so [cl]ucking what."

[I saw hate in a graveyard -- Stephen Fry, The Guardian, 5 June 2005]”
  • Options
    Cryptic tailor logic:

Orion metal bikini? Sure, it's peachy.

Fabric bikini? Unclean! Kill it with fire!!!

Sigh. Just remove the tailor restrictions for both captains and boffs. Sure, *someone* will be deeply offended, but someone is already deeply offended that captains and boffs can wear any non-canon uniforms.

“It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so [cl]ucking what."

[I saw hate in a graveyard -- Stephen Fry, The Guardian, 5 June 2005]”

Honestly I don't why furry species like Caitians and Ferasans would need bathing suits, everything is already pretty much covered in fur.
  • Options
    Genitals still need to be covered - though, Gorn at least could get away with not wearing anything because theirs are internal.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    The female gladiator outfit from The Gamesters of Triskelion is in the summer event store as "Swimwear, female - Retro" and applies as one piece from either the swimwear tab (which is Risa and Colony Holding only) or the "bare chest" dropdown in the Off Duty tab.

On the left is how it looks on Risa with both the top and bottom visible, on the right is one of the ways to wear it (on a Romulan anyway) with the bare chest option and a skirt (you have to wear a regular off-duty bottom of some sort, and it should have a high enough waist to cover the belt-like part of the top or at least blend with it):

c22x2aw11y9p.png

The Andrea android outfit can be purchased at K-13 (you might have to get the android herself or it may be separate, I have not gotten it so I don't know the details). The halter one I was talking about is the same one that reyan01 showed above.
  • Options
    Perhaps I should have created Pa'u Zotoh Zhaan as a Romulan faction character instead of a Federation character, lol.
  • Options
    Honestly it might also be at very partly an age rating issue as well, We know the US rating boards can be a bit weird when it comes to things that could be constructed as "sexualized" so you can have a uniform that barely covers anything that's a-ok for "Teen" (which is the rating STO uses in US) but an actual swimsuit even if it covers more is not ok and would get you bumped to "Mature".

As for Furry species it could be similar to why some blind people use sunglasses not because they need them but rather for the benefit for those around them. Also if something is covered would depend on how the fur is distributed on the body which is something we really don't know all that well (we got only 1 example of a naked Caitian and even that was highly stylized and not very detailed not mention front being covered).
  • Options
    Honestly it might also be at very partly an age rating issue as well, We know the US rating boards can be a bit weird when it comes to things that could be constructed as "sexualized" so you can have a uniform that barely covers anything that's a-ok for "Teen" (which is the rating STO uses in US) but an actual swimsuit even if it covers more is not ok and would get you bumped to "Mature".

As for Furry species it could be similar to why some blind people use sunglasses not because they need them but rather for the benefit for those around them. Also if something is covered would depend on how the fur is distributed on the body which is something we really don't know all that well (we got only 1 example of a naked Caitian and even that was highly stylized and not very detailed not mention front being covered).

I apologize for being "that guy," but there is also another reason why the blind use sunglasses: protecting the eyes from UV and contaminants and injury.
  • Options

I apologize for being "that guy," but there is also another reason why the blind use sunglasses: protecting the eyes from UV and contaminants and injury.

True, it all depends on the individual person in question and the level and type of their disability.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User

I would like a complete list of that small selection so I'll know what to buy at the next Risa Summer Festival.

Hmm... Criss Cross Halter, Sling Halter, Mini-T, Retro. I think that's all of them.

They go well with the Terran shorts.

(you might be able to find those on the exchange now, or you can buy them yourself from the event vendor if you have it unlocked on a character & have favors to spend. No need to wait for the Summer event to be active.)
  • Options
    valetharvalethar Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    It's a Ferengi plot. They turned up the heat on the station.
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,863 Arc User
    Maybe not heat.. you have heard it before.. One Tequila, Two Tequila, Clothes hit the floor...
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    And I get the feeling tequila is probably like watered down beer compared to some of the stuff served on Drozana.​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options

Honestly I never bothered to check which ones are and which ones aren't as my main tends to wear normal off-duty clothes (or duty uniforms) when outside Risa or the Dranuur Colony (the 2 places where you can wear swimwear anyway).

While I don't object to people wearing what they want as long as the game allows it, I personally don't wear or even want to wear swimwear outside the zones that allow it.
  • Options
    edited April 2022

Honestly I never bothered to check which ones are and which ones aren't as my main tends to wear normal off-duty clothes (or duty uniforms) when outside Risa or the Dranuur Colony (the 2 places where you can wear swimwear anyway).

While I don't object to people wearing what they want as long as the game allows it, I personally don't wear or even want to wear swimwear outside the zones that allow it.

Usually, when I use them as non-beachwear it is only for characters where it would make sense, like I have used the halter top and a skirt to simulate a TOS Terran Empire uniform (before I got the official one), and the gladiator outfit (with a normal bottom) as a faux-Orion outfit for my "Federation Orion" character, and one or the other for a few other aliens who find the standard shipboard/station temperature for the faction a bit too warm for comfort, or need more sunlight or air on their skin than humans, etc.

I have also done the opposite, and used heavier, jacketed outfits for those who find it a bit chilly (and in one case I just used one of the darker, longer jackets as ersatz trenchcoats just for the theme).
  • Options
    chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    just open all options of clothing at all locations already. its rather pathetic that orions can run around in skimpy outfits all day, yet swimwear somehow is borderline triple x territory.

Yes, that would be reasonable. Just as it would be reasonable to let us use whatever bridge on whatever ship, but they've been fobbing us off with cheap excuses on that, too.
  • Options
    just open all options of clothing at all locations already. its rather pathetic that orions can run around in skimpy outfits all day, yet swimwear somehow is borderline triple x territory.

Yes, that would be reasonable. Just as it would be reasonable to let us use whatever bridge on whatever ship, but they've been fobbing us off with cheap excuses on that, too.

:: sigh :: indeed.
  • Options

True, they would probably have sold more bridges if they could be used on any ship instead of the mess of arbitrary restrictions the have now. I would have bought the TOS bridge if it was usable anywhere for instance.
  • Options
    edited April 2022

True, they would probably have sold more bridges if they could be used on any ship instead of the mess of arbitrary restrictions the have now. I would have bought the TOS bridge if it was usable anywhere for instance.

i have it, and its dorked. the crew on the other levels are stuck in the floors. been that way for a very long time. im a huge fan of the OS and got it as well for that purpose, but it sucks due to the bug.

In a happier timeline they'd unlock use of all bridges and then sales of bridges would grow enough that they'd care about fixing the bugs. Maybe even enough that they'd make new bridges to sell.

Sadly we're living in the darkest timeline.
  • Options

i have it, and its dorked. the crew on the other levels are stuck in the floors. been that way for a very long time. im a huge fan of the OS and got it as well for that purpose, but it sucks due to the bug.

In a happier timeline they'd unlock use of all bridges and then sales of bridges would grow enough that they'd care about fixing the bugs. Maybe even enough that they'd make new bridges to sell.

Sadly we're living in the darkest timeline.

The Darkest Timeline would have "Human"/Emotional Spock, thank the gods that he only exists in the Kelvin Timeline.
  • Options
    Spock is emotional in EVERY timeline - he literally smiled at a flower in TOS.​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options

I can get behind this.
  • Options
    faelon#8433 faelon Member Posts: 358 Arc User
    Every weekend or so whenever I frequent a party being held at Drozana Station, I'd see a few characters wearing beachwear or bikinis. I tried having my characters switching over to their summer beachwear, but I keep getting an error saying that the attire is not allowed on the map.

How are other people able to have their characters wear their summer/beachwear on Drozana? Is this exclusive to the Lifetime Subscriber people?

Some female swimwear is available as "Beachwear Separates" and may be used for Off duty Uniforms. The main ones are the true 2 piece bikini type outfits. The Sling Halter, the Cross Tie Halter, the Mini T all work. I think the Retro "Gamesters of Triskelon" suit also works for Off Duty. The female versions of the "Hawain Shirts" also have an open shirt with bikini underneath option that I think still works in off duty.

The Mini T and Cross Tie Halter are really good ones for making off duty outfits from. They look like normal casual women's clothing. The TOS Mirror outfit makes a fairly passable Sports Bra if you are looking for something like an Out of Phase Hoshi costume.
This discussion has been closed.