test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Endevour Level 600, now what?

indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,543 Arc User
I liked playing the daily endevours, but now that I hit 600, progress has stopped. I wish they would add more or give you the ability to work towards some kind of reward. I know you can still get the daily rewards, but I only do the ones I like now.

I know we don't need more ways to earn dilithium, but it would be cool to keep making progress and get rewards of some type other than the dailies.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    You beat the game
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,323 Arc User
    chalpen wrote: »
    You beat the game

Only if he was wearing a pink tutu.
    As you know it is Space Barbie which is the real endgame. :open_mouth:

Fun aside, it will probably be a while before the endeavor system is extended since it also means everything has to be adjusted to the new added stats on characters.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,791 Arc User
    They shouldn't add more points.

It's not needed. And most players will need a while to get to 600.

In my opinion, this system doesn't need expansion. There's no point in giving players the ability to get even more boosts when that only means that things will have to be nerfed at some point (or enemy's resistances, HP and damage etc. be increased to compensate).
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    faelon#8433 faelon Member Posts: 358 Arc User
    They just extended it midway through the Klingon Civil War arc. They extended it from 450 to 600 when they released the first run of Klingon Recruits.
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    What do you mean? Now you can finally play the game!
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    orangenee#2931 orangenee Member Posts: 837 Arc User
    You've beaten the game, you can now uninstall.

Cryptic will send you a trophy.
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    I would bet they will expand on it since there's many other attributes than can be added. I mean, you can do the endeavours on an alternate account too, which serves the same purpose/lack thereof as making redundant alts for whatever it may be worth to you. My combined endeavor rank, if there was such a thing, 'exceeds 600' so by all means, 'you must build additional pylons.'

There's also a reason for keeping it limited, since the disparity between a new player and one that put endless hours in hard-capped time frames can only grow so large before the prospect for a new player to ever reach those theoretical game difficulties and play with such long-time players would exceed the probable lifespan of the game itself.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    They could add "Inertia" as an attribute... anyway, im on level 36?, not in a hurry..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,023 Community Moderator
    We really don't need any more power creep IMO. If you can still complete endeavors for the reward boxes, that would work for me.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    Compared to reputation systems and specializations the endeavors were the most lazy and boring progression curve. Was also the longest and the one handing out the most power.

I don’t think any more is needed here.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    Compared to reputation systems and specializations the endeavors were the most lazy and boring progression curve. Was also the longest and the one handing out the most power.

I don’t think any more is needed here.

Should probably nerf all the endeavor bonus' by half and then add 600 more levels. That's the ticket.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    If they added Pet AI Responsiveness as an endeavour stat, I'd max that one in a heartbeat.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    razartrek1razartrek1 Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    What do you mean? Now you can finally play the game!

Lol! I love the South Park World of Warcraft reference :smiley:
    "My life spans millennia. Legions have risen to test me… My ascendance is inevitable. A day, a year, a millennium—it matters not. I hold the patience of stone and the will of stars. Your striving is insignificant. Let your death be the same."
  • Options
    orangenee#2931 orangenee Member Posts: 837 Arc User
    If they added Pet AI Responsiveness as an endeavour stat, I'd max that one in a heartbeat.​​

A 'make Yukawa frigates.....work' stat would be preferable.

Good god those things are terrible rubbish.
  • Options
    athan#5519 athan Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    Enjoy the fact you don't have to worry about the grind and just get rewards when they are easy to get like I do.
  • Options
    faelon#8433 faelon Member Posts: 358 Arc User

It would still only ever offer you 'Damage Resist Gamma (Ground)"
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    > @nikephorus said:
    > Should probably nerf all the endeavor bonus' by half and then add 600 more levels. That's the ticket.

They did something similar back at the day when they decided to make more and more reputations: The system was changed in a way that they limited the slots for the traits we now need to choose from.

I don’t think such measures sit well with the community. Since they don’t care much about power creep an entirely new system that would let new peeps work on simultaneously together with endeavors feels best. :)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    I finished up about a month ago. I could have finished a month before that but since they took away free rerolls I would let some go for a day rather than burn one of my accumulated rerolls. I had 49 when they switched systems and ended with 25 when I completed.

Funny about that Damage Resist Gamma (Ground). That was 5he second to last I finished. The first place prize going to Control Resist (Ground). ;)

I'm glad to be finished. Now I have free time to engage in the real endgame - fixing Clothing on BOs and my Captain.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    They shouldn't add more points.

It's not needed. And most players will need a while to get to 600.

In my opinion, this system doesn't need expansion. There's no point in giving players the ability to get even more boosts when that only means that things will have to be nerfed at some point (or enemy's resistances, HP and damage etc. be increased to compensate).

Yup. While I like the Endeavor system, it's really not helpful to the game other than as a power creep multiplier. Unless they can find non-power boosting things to put on it, I hope it's at it's end. You can still do the dailies for dilithium and stuff, you just won't get more power.
This discussion has been closed.