test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STO & Champions

otisnobleotisnoble Member Posts: 1,290 Arc User
The problem with playing both STO and Champions is that they patch at the same time
Fleet Admiral Stephen

Comments

• Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,368 Arc User
    They use the same server farm, which apparently is located just outside Boston, MA (somewhere in the Glowing Sea, as far as I can tell from the map in Fallout 4). Which is a little weird, because Cryptic's offices are in California not far from San Francisco, but there you go.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    jonsills wrote: »
    They use the same server farm, which apparently is located just outside Boston, MA (somewhere in the Glowing Sea, as far as I can tell from the map in Fallout 4). Which is a little weird, because Cryptic's offices are in California not far from San Francisco, but there you go.
    I figured that was the case, thanks. Took a break from Forum, do you still do the Monty Python Troll Gambits?

Fleet Admiral Stephen
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,040 Community Moderator
    I tried Champions. Felt clunky compared to STO, and never could figure out how to equip things. Also the idea that my character's weapons were actually abilities and not gear threw me off. I was able to have a fox tail though.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I tried Champions. Felt clunky compared to STO, and never could figure out how to equip things. Also the idea that my character's weapons were actually abilities and not gear threw me off. I was able to have a fox tail though.

Champion Online's character customization is one of the few benefits that it has over STO and almost every other MMO. Although, STO's alien customization comes close.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,368 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    starkaos wrote: »

Champion Online's character customization is one of the few benefits that it has over STO and almost every other MMO. Although, STO's alien customization comes close.
    I want to arrange a simple exchange - STO gets CO's Beast Legs (they'd be great on Caitians and other animal-inspired species), and CO gets STO's Riker-style beard.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    I tried Champions.
    I want to arrange a simple exchange - STO gets CO's Beast Legs (they'd be great on Caitians and other animal-inspired species), and CO gets STO's Riker-style beard.

My point exactly there are alot of things that could be enhanced back and forth without breaking cannon

Fleet Admiral Stephen
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,040 Community Moderator

While we're at it, can we get some of Neverwinter's hairstyles too?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,780 Arc User
    edited February 2022

Also add CO's gender switch option, I'm not going to go into the exact details except that It's Tovan Khev related.
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,523 Arc User
    Both STO and CO could really use more dynamic combat animations that flow into each other and include closers so it does not feel quite so static and clunky doing combat. J'Ula's mek'leths were a step in the right direction but instead of continuing the improvement, the next set out (Aakar's) backslid to the old clunkiness (undoubtedly why it is common to see Aakar's armor set (because they launch the drones) but J'Ula's red mek'leths instead of Aakar's purple ones in the few ground maps people use).