test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ensign Ro Laren in game:

captainperkinscaptainperkins Member Posts: 379 Arc User
I may have posted this before, but I wanted the thoughts of other players about bringing Ro Laren in to Star Trek Online.
Michelle Forbes is a friend and she's pretty famous in sci-fi to this day (True Blood and Battlestar Galactica.)

I have to say my favorite and most emotional missions in this game were the ones involving Tasha Yar (Denise Crosby.) I may have even cried standing at the memorial/grave our dev's made for her in that final mission involving Tenae.

I could see Ro Laren having a similar story line, something that ties up Ro's story nicely and maybe links to something involving revenge on the Dominion for wiping out the Maquis.

I am speaking to Michelle soon and I plan to ask her if she'd be open to starring in Star Trek Online- once I have her answer I'll e-mail the dev's and set up the link with her Agent to talk money if they should want.

I think a lot of fans love Ro' and she very nearly became Kira, but also Michelle is a great voice. Another star from TNG would be great especially with the new season of Picard about to hit.

Thoughts on possible story lines?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    I could see Ro as a counterpoint to Kira -- one who was able to move on and start a new life, and one who could not let go of past wounds and losses.

Thats a really great idea/beautiful perspective.
  • Options
    captainbmoneycaptainbmoney Member Posts: 1,323 Arc User
    I could see her being a captain of a shiny big new cruiser.
    where she is the one spreading the story of the Maqui and the biggest irony would be that her first officer of her new shiny ship is a Cardassian. preferably also a woman. and she needs your captain no matter what faction to tell the tales of the Maqui.

Like my fanpage!
    https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBMoney913
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    She could be lead of a strike team of a TFO mission, one that's unique which starts in space over Bajor and then moves down to the planet's surface as a ground combat component, defying starfleet orders in order to ensure the safety of a Cardassian diplomat's safe passage who turns out critical to reestablishing peaceful negotiations over some recent embargo.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    My advice is reach out to Michelle and have her agent reach out to Cryptic.
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    thejigsaw#6577 thejigsaw Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Always loved Ensign Ro, she was smart, tough, in-your-face style but had a heart of gold and a long, troubled past. I'd love to see her in any capacity in the game!

Story wise, perhaps a Maquis event and/or a brand new TFO - could also see a few new episodes exploring that particular era and finding out just what happened to her...
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,022 Community Moderator
    Well... I think in the post nemesis novels Ro Laren became Chief of Security for DS9.
    I think right now the current Bajoran officer is supposed to be an indirect nod since her name is Ro Senna. Unknown if she's related to Ro Laren.
    https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Ro_Senna
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    mikecobalt#1974 mikecobalt Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    :) Some very good idea's here.
  • Options
    She could be lead of a strike team of a TFO mission, one that's unique which starts in space over Bajor and then moves down to the planet's surface as a ground combat component, defying starfleet orders in order to ensure the safety of a Cardassian diplomat's safe passage who turns out critical to reestablishing peaceful negotiations over some recent embargo.

OMG YES!!!! - Genius, favorite idea, and that way it's not as involved as a full story arch and cheaper for Cryptic but also leaves room for future story lines if my prediction about her getting in to Star Trek Picard comes true :0
  • Options
    My advice is reach out to Michelle and have her agent reach out to Cryptic.

Solid advice, and I'll be speaking with her soon so I will get Cryptic's info to have her forward to her agent. I love the ideas in this post and her loving nature needs to visit Cryptic staff and give our devs some warmth. They've worked hard and put up with a lot.
  • Options
    live8evillive8evil Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    In my opinion, Ro was such a great character in TNG, she deserves a story arc, centered around her, in STO.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,022 Community Moderator
    live8evil wrote: »
    In my opinion, Ro was such a great character in TNG, she deserves a story arc, centered around her, in STO.

If I remember correctly, Ro Laren was going to be a main character for DS9, but when that fell through they retooled the character into Kira Nerys.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    live8evil wrote: »

If I remember correctly, Ro Laren was going to be a main character for DS9, but when that fell through they retooled the character into Kira Nerys.

The actress was tired of Trek and was getting a other offers to do more grounded characters for other series (I think she was offered a lead role in a new crime drama at the time and went with that offer.)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    diocletian#7546 diocletian Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    I always liked the character and always enjoyed the remarkable talent Michelle Forbes showed in her roles. Her portrayal as Admiral Helena Cain and Ensign Ro really stand out to me as a strong willed characters carving the path they feel as right no matter what the consequences. Some story that draws on that characteristic she portrayed so well as Ro and Cain would be excellent to see
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,513 Arc User
    Those are good ideas for an episode or TFO. For a TFO another one would be some kind of Maqui terror weapon that reactivates itself and needs to be stopped. A story episode with more depth would be better though.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    Those are good ideas for an episode or TFO. For a TFO another one would be some kind of Maqui terror weapon that reactivates itself and needs to be stopped. A story episode with more depth would be better though.

So...Dreadnought again - no organization ever builds just ONE prototype of anything - they usually build a small handful, so I could easily see the Maquis capturing multiple missiles and sending them back at the Cardassians.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    jaymaverick007jaymaverick007 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    I would enjoy that story line being expanded too. Good luck with your efforts!
    Retired Rear Admiral-Jay Maverick-
    Known simply as -Maverick-
    Klingons should Beware of Maverick.
    Maverick loves a fight and tends to be victorious even as the underdog.
    He has an aptitude for tactics,guerrilla warfare and security.
    "United Federation of Planets"
    12th Fleet - Intelligence Division "Khalija" - Alpha Group
    Not on Current Assignment.-On Retirement leave at Leach Lake in Minnesota
  • Options
    dixon#4204 dixon Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    I would love to see Ro in the game, oh and Jennifer Hetrick! Vash had a huge impact on 13 year old me!
  • Options
    paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    According to STO's own Lore, after her court-martial and reinstatement into Starfleet, Ro Laren is supposed to be stationed at DS9 as Head of Security, that said however, she doesn't have an Ingame model,

https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Ro_Laren
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,197 Arc User
    I wish they could get Miles O'Brien in the game.
  • Options
    dragon#2626 dragon Member Posts: 256 Arc User
    avoozuul wrote: »
    I wish they could get Miles O'Brien in the game.

I strongly suspect Colm Meany is way outside Cryptic's price range.
    I swim through a sea of stars. . . .
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,197 Arc User
    Not saying they can I just wish they were able.
  • Options
    wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    Would LOVE to see Ro in the game...

Would love to see her in Picard even more.
This discussion has been closed.