test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Speculation for this years anniversary bundle

Comments

• Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    My personal guess is these mirror ships, 4 ships like last years legendary pack...and they typically don't update ships unless it's something they're gonna monetize some day

https://arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11497353-remastering-25th-century-starships
  • Options
    faelon#8433 faelon Member Posts: 358 Arc User
    No chance of the Olympic, considering the anniversary ship is 99% likely to be an alliance science ship.
    My money is on a JH/Cardi bundle either a bug / capital ship or Galor / Keldon, or a mix. that's assuming it's a multi-ship bundle. for single ships, Bug, Galor, D'Kora. for a everybody gets one (Except the JH) a legendary Dyson Destroyer bundle

Isn't the big issue with the Olympic that that ship design is one that Paramount doesn't hold the primary copyright on? It was a last minute rental for All Good Things. So it requires its own specific license. It's similar to the issues with the Promellian Battle Cruiser.
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    No chance of the Olympic, considering the anniversary ship is 99% likely to be an alliance science ship.
    My money is on a JH/Cardi bundle either a bug / capital ship or Galor / Keldon, or a mix. that's assuming it's a multi-ship bundle. for single ships, Bug, Galor, D'Kora. for a everybody gets one (Except the JH) a legendary Dyson Destroyer bundle

Isn't the big issue with the Olympic that that ship design is one that Paramount doesn't hold the primary copyright on? It was a last minute rental for All Good Things. So it requires its own specific license. It's similar to the issues with the Promellian Battle Cruiser.

It appeared in the first season of Lower Decks so things may have changed. It's also possible Cryptic would pay to license it if the price was right, while rare they HAVE done that before with a couple ships.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    > @phoenixc#0738 said:
    > That is what I am hoping for, especially if it is science spearhead type instead of a traditional science ship layout since they are almost nonexistent in the game so far. There has not been much in the way of new singularity core ships lately either, so if it is singularity powered it would be even better (yes, I am one of those weird people who like those cores).

I doubt it will have a singularity core since the Temer class was matter/anti-matter.
  • Options
    cryptkeeper0cryptkeeper0 Member Posts: 989 Arc User
    All I know I want the next legendary packs to be Vanguard ships, with vorta species extra.

Pilot Vanguard strike attack ship
    Command Vanguard dreadnought carrier
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Personally, I am more curious about what they will do for the anniversary event prize(s) rather than a bundle I cannot afford anyway.

We already know it's going to be a Fed + Rom hybrid Science ship, we just don't know what it's gonna look like or what kind of seating it will have.

That is what I am hoping for, especially if it is science spearhead type instead of a traditional science ship layout since they are almost nonexistent in the game so far. There has not been much in the way of new singularity core ships lately either, so if it is singularity powered it would be even better (yes, I am one of those weird people who like those cores).

F*** NO!
    That would utterly ruin a Science Vessel.

Perhaps for your preferences and playstyles, not for mine. I would obviously welcome and always want more (real) Romulan warbirds, though their reluctance to make any keeps the available ones that much more special.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    joshmauljoshmaul Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    The only one of the new 2409 Terran designs to be released to players so far is the Gagarin

The Guardian as well, and that was sold in the store. The only issue though, is that except for a small bit of BOff seating, the mirror Guardian is virtually identical to the original, with the mastery trait being the exact same.
    TW1sr57.jpg
    "There's No Way Like Poway!"

Real Join Date: October 2010
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    imma say i lean that a mirror legendary is not going to be it...
    why?

most of the current ships, some legendary (i think), come with a mirror skin...no?

could be wrong, and i know not all of them, but many have recently been afforded the new skins.

No. The remastered mirror ships have unique skins.

For example, the Mirror Andromeda class has a quite Defiant-class esq 'Nose' on its forward saucer :
    1c78aa46bf47a3bb1e154438867909361631634538.jpg

The Mirror Bozeman has (what looks like) Torpedo launchers bolted to the sides and is referred to as a Heavy Frigate in the blog:
    de3631f81462df9abe03245839038d221631370370.jpg

The Cabot looks to have additional torpedo launchers behind it's bridge.

And the USS Trailblazer is basically Warship Voyager on a Pathfinder class skin.

So yeah - they could easily give those four different console/BOFF layout to their other counterparts, give them new traits and unique consoles and pop them in a bundle. Probably with the usual fluff added to inflate the price in line with previous bundles of this nature.
    lianthelia wrote: »
    My personal guess is these mirror ships, 4 ships like last years legendary pack...and they typically don't update ships unless it's something they're gonna monetize some day.
    Exactly.

I think is going to be 6 ships, but the first ones, are the ones mentioned there...
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    gaevsman wrote: »
    why?

most of the current ships, some legendary (i think), come with a mirror skin...no?

could be wrong, and i know not all of them, but many have recently been afforded the new skins.

For example, the Mirror Andromeda class has a quite Defiant-class esq 'Nose' on its forward saucer :

The Mirror Bozeman has (what looks like) Torpedo launchers bolted to the sides and is referred to as a Heavy Frigate in the blog:

And the USS Trailblazer is basically Warship Voyager on a Pathfinder class skin.

So yeah - they could easily give those four different console/BOFF layout to their other counterparts, give them new traits and unique consoles and pop them in a bundle. Probably with the usual fluff added to inflate the price in line with previous bundles of this nature.
    My personal guess is these mirror ships, 4 ships like last years legendary pack...and they typically don't update ships unless it's something they're gonna monetize some day.
    Exactly.

I think is going to be 6 ships, but the first ones, are the ones mentioned there...

I doubt it'll be more than four ships based on what the devs were saying last year regarding how stressful the 10th anniversary bundle was the year before.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    why?

Exactly.

I doubt it'll be more than four ships based on what the devs were saying last year regarding how stressful the 10th anniversary bundle was the year before.

As i said before, they already have 6 variants ready:

Galaxy
    Intrepid
    Miranda
    Shran
    Nova
    Sabre

And we can include the F, also.. but of course, they can change that.. :smile:
  • Options
    ussvaliant2#1952 ussvaliant2 Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    Hoping for a Leg Nebula Class with a 4/3 weapons layout.
    https://i.imgur.com/r6F7yxj.jpeg
  • Options
    lnbladelnblade Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    I would guess it's a Legendary Nebula/Prometheus or they may be finally introducing the California class as a 3 variant bundle if not a legendary. The California would qualify for legendary treatment under the (rather nebulous) requirements the devs use, since it headlines its own show.
  • Options
    why?

Exactly.

As i said before, they already have 6 variants ready:

Galaxy
    Intrepid
    Miranda
    Shran
    Nova
    Sabre

And we can include the F, also.. but of course, they can change that.. :smile:

They have six MODELS ready, but that's only part of it. When they talked about it last year they said the previous year's ten ship bundle was exhausting for the entire team, not just the artists. As far as I know Borticus is the only one building the data for ships now (seating, base stats, trait, and console), so unless something has changed since then I think it would be a mistake to expect more than four.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    diocletian#7546 diocletian Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    I with those who think the next bundle will be mirror universe ships. They did put a lot of efforts into revamping the ship models. On would think it have a revenue angle to it. Plus, I see mirror universe as a popular theme. Whether it be around ESD, DS9, TFO, etc, I see a good proportion of ISS prefix ships and/or mirror universe ships and uniforms on characters. Almost as much as I see Romulans and they are a full faction of their own.
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,789 Arc User
    I with those who think the next bundle will be mirror universe ships. They did put a lot of efforts into revamping the ship models. On would think it have a revenue angle to it. Plus, I see mirror universe as a popular theme. Whether it be around ESD, DS9, TFO, etc, I see a good proportion of ISS prefix ships and/or mirror universe ships and uniforms on characters. Almost as much as I see Romulans and they are a full faction of their own.

I doubt all those players would be interested in a very expensive bundle containing many different ships though.

Most of them might simply be players with a single Mirror toon. And they probably have a background story for their toons too, meaning they probably have a favourite ship (that) they only use on that toon.

You may be right. The ships might be popular. I wouldn't automatically assume it based only on the number of mirror toons/ships currently in the game though. The Stats, cross-usability of parts and consoles and so on will probably matter a lot too and even if that's all favourable, it still remains to be seen.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    jameswilliejameswillie Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    I am actually hoping its a Mirror bundle of some sorts. I have 2 Mirror tunes (and my head canon gives me a headache lol). I have the old mirror yellow ships for the skins and have just purchased the Mirror Guardian along with the event Mirror ship recently (the Gargawhichamacalut), and the Legendary Gal-X. All the other ships my mirror toons have are ships that I kitbash to make them look more evil looking. So having more actual mirror ships available is something I look forward to, if it happens, and I imagine it would. I agree with others that u dont spend the time, money and effort making updates to ship models and not plan on selling them. I also wonder, in the possible bundle, if the new Terran badge will be available.
  • Options
    Yeah, i like mirror ships, i "could" be tempted to buy it... for the right price..
  • Options
    I just thought:

- With the anniversary ship being a Romulan-Federation design
    - Picard containing a lot of Romulan content
    - Discovery having re-united the Romulans and the Vulcans...

This would be a good time to update the only Vulcan C-store ship and create some Vulcan-Romulan designs.

It wouldn't really fit with STO's storyline, but that's really the only problem I'm seeing. Looking at all other Star Trek content that's being released, releasing some Vulcan-Romulan hybrids sooner rather than later would make sense.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,508 Arc User
    I just thought:

This would be a good time to update the only Vulcan C-store ship and create some Vulcan-Romulan designs.

It wouldn't really fit with STO's storyline, but that's really the only problem I'm seeing. Looking at all other Star Trek content that's being released, releasing some Vulcan-Romulan hybrids sooner rather than later would make sense.

The Ni'var thing is at least a few centuries away, or at least that it what DSC seems to imply about it. PIC only deals with a subset of the capital system refugees who elected to go to the Federation instead of going somewhere else in Romulan territory, not some kind of large-scale reunification (in fact the RSE is still mostly the enemy so far, the new Romulan Republic is still about a decade away from the PIC point of the timeline).

More Vulcan ships would be good though, along with more ring-drive Romulan ships as well since the Alliance would make it a bit easier to trade information between the shipyards of the two.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    I just thought:

The Ni'var thing is at least a few centuries away, or at least that it what DSC seems to imply about it. PIC only deals with a subset of the capital system refugees who elected to go to the Federation instead of going somewhere else in Romulan territory, not some kind of large-scale reunification (in fact the RSE is still mostly the enemy so far, the new Romulan Republic is still about a decade away from the PIC point of the timeline).

More Vulcan ships would be good though, along with more ring-drive Romulan ships as well since the Alliance would make it a bit easier to trade information between the shipyards of the two.

It's true that the game and shows don't take place in the same period. What I was suggesting, is that the fact that so much new TV content focusses on the Romulans and on Vulcan-Romulan unification would be a good reason for the Devs to be focussing on it.

Just like how they're making an Emerald chain lockbox or releasing other ships from Discovery, despite the show not taking place near STO's time.

Placing things in the correct timeframe isn't really a requirement here. Just the fact that something is currently shown on screen, can be justification enough to have STO devs focus on it.

• Options
    edited January 2022
    how about Legg/Mirror Comm/Intel Yorktown Assault Cruiser

The Verity already covers the Legendary designation and Command spec, but I could see something like a Mirror Intel or Mirror Miracle Worker Yorktown.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2022
    I'd be fine with the Mirror Ships, just hope they introduce a Moderate Starter Bundle for all Legendary Bundles that includes at least 2 Ships of the less popular ships...

That way a more moderate prize encourages those to later upgrade to the full Bundle. The problem with the Gamma Bundle was they only included 1 Ship for 2250 ZEN, and then the larger upgrade was too big of a price difference to encourage more to fully upgrade.

Hope they consider that to allow more to consider Legendary Ships!
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    STO's Twitter account posted a shot of a Nebula class over the weekend, perhaps a hint that we're getting a legendary version?
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,508 Arc User
    lnblade wrote: »
    STO's Twitter account posted a shot of a Nebula class over the weekend, perhaps a hint that we're getting a legendary version?

It would make sense, IIRC there was an episode or two where that class was not relegated to the background, it's kitbash stable is based around three separate ships purchase-wise, and most of all one of the devs likes the class.
  • Options
    Here's hoping the bundle either isn't too ridiculously bloated/overpriced or that the trait/stats are ignorable
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    There's some VERY interesting info in the patch notes that could point to what we can expect from the bundle (though I suppose it's possible this isn't related to the Anniversary and will instead be a two ship normal T6 bundle in a few months):

Ships:
    The Cheyenne-class starship model has been remastered!
    The model has been rebuilt to match our current standards of detail and fidelity.
    To see the update, ready any Heavy Cruiser variant and visit the ship customization interface, then apply the "Cheyenne" preset.
    As part of this update we have also added the legendary starship materials to all Heavy Cruiser variants.
    The Olympic-class starship model has been remastered!
    The model has been rebuilt to match our current standards of detail and fidelity.
    To see the update, ready any Research Science Vessel variant and visit the ship customization interface, then apply the "Olympic" preset.
    As part of this update we have also added the legendary starship materials to all Research Science Vessel variants.

EDIT: Never mind, they just uploaded a blog for the remaster and at the bottom it says this: "Please note that there are no plans for T6 versions of these ships at this time, we just wanted to show some love to some of our older, canon models."
    Post edited by evilmark444 on
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    A Mirror Bundle is looking very likely now due to some things I'm seeing on the ship vendor NPC, I won't get into specifics though cause I don't want to get in trouble. If your curious just visit the vendor and look at the variant listings of ships you might expect to see in a bundle like that.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    faelon#8433 faelon Member Posts: 358 Arc User
    The Cheyenne reskin makes me suspect that at least one of the upcoming Legendary ships will be the Constellation/Stargazer. They said no new T6 Cheyenne, but it does share skins with Picard’s first ship.
This discussion has been closed.