What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STO in the Epic Games Store!

2»

Comments

• Options
    oldbonesuk#1190 oldbonesuk Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Starting right now, you can launch Star Trek Online from the Epic Games Store!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11479353

Went to my Existing Epic account, downloaded STOL, linked it to Epic, Bought the pack,,,,,,,, When launching from Epic it will only load into a blank account with none of my Captains or gear!

Drop back out, load through Arc, all is good My captains and shiny golden epics all where they should be.... but no access to the Epic Pack, no where to be found on C-store

Raise a ticket..........., wait a week......... get an email saying thanks for letting us know......... wait a week...... get a refund from Epic ( /salute you Epic for that ) . wait another week....... nothing, reply to my ticket, explain with a dozen pics that this is a limited time offer and there is no other way in the game to buy the same bundle.......... wait 3 days, nothing as per usual
  • Options
    age03age03 Member Posts: 1,664 Arc User
    I like the Classics.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
    USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
    Star Trek Gamers
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Starting right now, you can launch Star Trek Online from the Epic Games Store!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11479353

Went to my Existing Epic account, downloaded STOL, linked it to Epic, Bought the pack,,,,,,,, When launching from Epic it will only load into a blank account with none of my Captains or gear!

Drop back out, load through Arc, all is good My captains and shiny golden epics all where they should be.... but no access to the Epic Pack, no where to be found on C-store

Raise a ticket..........., wait a week......... get an email saying thanks for letting us know......... wait a week...... get a refund from Epic ( /salute you Epic for that ) . wait another week....... nothing, reply to my ticket, explain with a dozen pics that this is a limited time offer and there is no other way in the game to buy the same bundle.......... wait 3 days, nothing as per usual

think epic and sto account needs to be the same email address. I had no probs with epic bundle on sto. you need to start sto and log into your STO account... it'll ask to link it to Epic, from what I recall.
  • Options
    norpeimipsinorpeimipsi Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    Did you plan to make more CROSSFACTION LEGENDARY SHIPS , so Fed is not ALWAYS the only Faction , who get the best things ???
    Fross Faction Ships would have the advantage that ALL Factions would get the SAME ships , and the unic Traits are not FED ONLY, like it is now !
    PvP is not intresting at this point , cause FED has so many adavanages , that if you are not friend of Fed you are cannonfooder ( ex. best Space-weapon in game , uniqe Traits for Fed .... endless to continue ) .
    So if you make Legendaryships for Romulans or Dominion , then ALL would be having a profit !!! and you only have to make ONE ship for ALL races !!!

Maybe somthing for Tier 7 ships , which are the next logical step ( after T6U Token are in game now )
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,043 Community Moderator
    Dude... your rant has NOTHING to do with the subject.
    • PvP is dead. We already know that. Has nothing to do with Fed honestly. More like alpha strike builds everywhere.
    • Legendary ships are NOT REQUIRED.
    • Star Trek by nature is Fed Centric, that's why Fed has more stuff. More stuff to draw from. Klingons don't have as much, but they have more than Romulans.
    • Tier 7 is not on the drawing board. The Devs have even said they have no plans for T7. Also... what gimmick could they make to one up what we have with T6?
    • "Fed has best space weapon"? Wut? Makes no sense.
    • Many Fed only ship traits are actually available to KDF, and for MUCH CHEEPER. Superior Area Denial Fed side runs up to 800 mil ECs. KDF side... maybe 20 mil on a bad day? But still a FRACTION of what it costs Fed.

I'm guessing your rant is because you couldn't start a thread, so hyjack another existing thread. Word of advice... don't try and derail a thread with rants. It doesn't go well.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    norpeimipsinorpeimipsi Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Dude... your rant has NOTHING to do with the subject.
    • PvP is dead. We already know that. Has nothing to do with Fed honestly. More like alpha strike builds everywhere.
    • Legendary ships are NOT REQUIRED.
    • Star Trek by nature is Fed Centric, that's why Fed has more stuff. More stuff to draw from. Klingons don't have as much, but they have more than Romulans.
    • Tier 7 is not on the drawing board. The Devs have even said they have no plans for T7. Also... what gimmick could they make to one up what we have with T6?
    • "Fed has best space weapon"? Wut? Makes no sense.
    • Many Fed only ship traits are actually available to KDF, and for MUCH CHEEPER. Superior Area Denial Fed side runs up to 800 mil ECs. KDF side... maybe 20 mil on a bad day? But still a FRACTION of what it costs Fed.

I'm guessing your rant is because you couldn't start a thread, so hyjack another existing thread. Word of advice... don't try and derail a thread with rants. It doesn't go well.

Have made a threat , but all closed by Cryptik .

1.) PvP is dead CAUSE there where disadvantage between Factions .
    2.) I dont syed Legacy Ships are nor required , but how coul d klingon get Traits like : " Best Hope of the Empire " , "Continuing Mission" ; " Extensively Modified Warp Core "; " Field-Modified Overload Support " ; " Formation Flying " ... list is nearly endless .
    3.) Best Space Weapon in Game " https://sto.gamepedia.com/Kumari_Phaser_Wing_Cannons " ( highest DPS in Game - FED only , although there is a similar shipline for KLI without the Cannon - only console are same and values of ships are equal )
    4.) might be that a few Traits are cheeper for Kli than for Fed , but I have spoken about Triats that are FED-ONLY , and there are many of them : https://sto.gamepedia.com/Starship_traits ( acualy 18 Traits Fed-only ; 2 Romulans only ; 1 Kli and Dominion only )

It is clear cause Cryptic is a American firm , so FED HAVE TO BE THE BEST , but War between Kli and FED is over and when I made 2 sides ( Fed and friend & Kli and friend ) both sides should have the same fair chance .

And clear that there are much more players on FED side , then on any other ... and so I only write that it would be nice to have Legendary ships ( and Traits ) wich EVERYONE can have , without having more work for Crypik to make a ship for Fed and another for Rom or Dom or Kli .
    Dont know why you have a problem that ALL HAVE THE SAME CHANCE and the better will win .
    Fight with Honor .
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,043 Community Moderator
    Your thread was probably closed by the mods because it may have come across as an aggressive demand thread.
    As for the Kumari Wing Cannons... isn't that a console rather than an actual weapon?

And I don't see how Cryptic being American has anything to do with Fed having more stuff. As I said, Star Trek is by nature a Fed centric franchise as every series other than Picard has been from the point of view of Starfleet/Federation. We have no Klingon based series, we have no Romulan based series... its all Federation. The closest we can say we've had to a Klingon centric series is how promenantly the Klingons were showcased in Deep Space Nine and Discovery.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    lingoriginal#2241 lingoriginal Member Posts: 1 New User
    Sad state of affairs I miss out on all sales because no Canadian purchase options on Xbox 1 what’s up with that?
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,487 Arc User
    Sad state of affairs I miss out on all sales because no Canadian purchase options on Xbox 1 what’s up with that?

Bring that up with customer service.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    sheriden1982sheriden1982 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    For the love of god remove this functionality, if you use it through the Epic game store now it creates a new separate account in Epic that doesn't let you use your Arc account.

I found out the difficult way, please revert this decision or force Epic to allow us to use our Arc login like Steam at least does!
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,033 Arc User
    For the love of god remove this functionality, if you use it through the Epic game store now it creates a new separate account in Epic that doesn't let you use your Arc account.

I found out the difficult way, please revert this decision or force Epic to allow us to use our Arc login like Steam at least does!
    Using Steam requires you to link your Arc account - which you can also do with Epic.
    If you've managed to create a second account in error, your best option is to contact Support and not rant here in the forum where nothing can be done to help you.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,718 Community Moderator
    /necro
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.