test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Enviroment Suits now have a separate slot next to the Body Armour slot! Tribble server

Comments

• Options
    skk1701jskk1701j Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    skk1701j wrote: »
    They removed the free ones. I checked “Boldly They Rode”, “The Power Source”, “Tenebris Torquent”.
    Especially they had different visuals.

https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Environmental_Suit

You can still get a basically-free one from the Nukara reputation project boxes (they spawn EV suits about half the time). Just takes Nukara marks and a minimal amount of XP and EC and some time.

I want the different visuals. (They have all little different stats)
  • Options
    joshmauljoshmaul Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    On the one hand this is a good thing.

...on the other, I had to get a new armor for one of my 23rd century Starfleet characters. She was running around with a gold-quality Mk XV 2293 environment suit. :mrgreen:
    TW1sr57.jpg
    "There's No Way Like Poway!"

Real Join Date: October 2010
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,600 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    They removed the free ones. I checked “Boldly They Rode”, “The Power Source”, “Tenebris Torquent”.

Everyone has an EV suit by default now -- it has no stats, but always available -- but I don't get why they would remove the free ones beyond it being the simplest way of 'cleaning up' those missions to be compatible with the new EV system -- just rip all that out. The cannon approach instead of the scalpel. And the free ones had unique visuals, too.

unless they made the ones you get by the admiral's office free, where doers an FTP person get one if they removed them from the episodes?

also I did not check if when you switch do the boffs switch? that's the only real benefit
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    aftulusaftulus Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    Now they need to do the same thing they just did the EV suits and do it for small craft. Make a new small craft slot(that doesn't count towards ship slots) and have it technically stowed in our main ship. Then we can actually keep several of them per ship with special loadouts.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User

Everyone has an EV suit by default now -- it has no stats, but always available -- but I don't get why they would remove the free ones beyond it being the simplest way of 'cleaning up' those missions to be compatible with the new EV system -- just rip all that out. The cannon approach instead of the scalpel. And the free ones had unique visuals, too.

unless they made the ones you get by the admiral's office free, where doers an FTP person get one if they removed them from the episodes?

also I did not check if when you switch do the boffs switch? that's the only real benefit

You get a default one now, like all that standard issue TRIBBLE that comes on starships.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    There's pre-owned EV suits available in the dilithium store for 100 dil each. They're not too visible to those doing missions for the first time nor is the concept very romantic... somebody's already been walking around in it. Ugh.

Maybe if they were removed from the episodes those needing them for play through end up using the default suit mentioned in the blog until they can get to something like "Step Between Stars" ?
    If you do not have an EV Suit equipped, then a default one will activate. However, this default suit has no stats at all, so you will likely wish to equip a suit in the new slot.

These ones rock Solanae Striker Environmental Suit and Step Between Stars does reward as many as you can carry as long as you equip them on bridge officers after receiving each one.

But completing the mission to get the Striker requires using the "no help" (difficult) option and I'm not sure how well this would work out wearing something without stats (resists). Might have to play through it more than once or go the pre-owned route for your captain.
  • Options
    westmetals wrote: »
    protoneous wrote: »
    There's pre-owned EV suits available in the dilithium store for 100 dil each. They're not too visible to those doing missions for the first time nor is the concept very romantic... somebody's already been walking around in it. Ugh.

Maybe if they were removed from the episodes those needing them for play through end up using the default suit mentioned in the blog until they can get to something like "Step Between Stars" ?
    If you do not have an EV Suit equipped, then a default one will activate. However, this default suit has no stats at all, so you will likely wish to equip a suit in the new slot.

These ones rock Solanae Striker Environmental Suit and Step Between Stars does reward as many as you can carry as long as you equip them on bridge officers after receiving each one.

But completing the mission to get the Striker requires using the "no help" (difficult) option and I'm not sure how well this would work out wearing something without stats (resists). Might have to play through it more than once or go the pre-owned route for your captain.

The other choices just give different suits similar to the Striker, so... not so hard.

Hey I was trying to be helpful but at the same time inject a little drama into the whole thing so work with me here...

It *will* be hard.

As a Captain in the Alliance 🙄 there's no way players want relatives of dinosaurs kicking sand in their faces and part of proving this involves going for the gold standard Striker suit the very first time B)

There's a warning in the mission about needing high quality gear and consumables to take the hard route ⚠️

Doing this while wearing a default suit which gives less protection against damage than a piece of paper makes succeeding somewhat dubious :#

This leaves a pre-owned suit possibly the cheapest option for success but lord knows what the last person was doing while wearing it :o

There's no fine print that says pre-owned means refurbished. There could be pin hole leaks. Or worse :s

Making tough decisions like this is what trains Captains to become Fleet Admirals.
  • Options
    Is the best eva suit the solonae from the lobi store?
  • Options
    No, the best is Burned Ham, just like the armor version.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Can't use the Nakura acid baths to do the Heal Hitpoints Endeavors anymore. You can't deactivate the EV suit.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    No, the best is Burned Ham, just like the armor version.​​

Which causes an issue.

After doing some toon hopping the more immediate issue was not so much mission completion but playing the game with EV suit visuals in use on some characters that use them for armor (it's that good) but don't have anything else immediately available.

Without a toggle for the visuals I see a lot of Burnham Armor reputation projects coming up.
  • Options
    Good, then people will stop sabotaging other peoples matches...
  • Options
    skk1701jskk1701j Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Can't use the Nakura acid baths to do the Heal Hitpoints Endeavors anymore. You can't deactivate the EV suit.

i would say you can, just will take longer. maybe?

Since /kill does no longer work. How to suicide to respawn back in base? (Fleet Dilithium Mine)

• Options
    protoneous wrote: »
    No, the best is Burned Ham, just like the armor version.

Which causes an issue.

After doing some toon hopping the more immediate issue was not so much mission completion but playing the game with EV suit visuals in use on some characters that use them for armor (it's that good) but don't have anything else immediately available.

Without a toggle for the visuals I see a lot of Burnham Armor reputation projects coming up.

As if I wasn't already sick enough of people spamming the TRIBBLE out of SB1.​​

#LegalizeAwoo

This discussion has been closed.