test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Equal and Opposite Event!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,400 Community Manager
Complete the Equal and Opposite Event, and you can unlock the T6 Mirror Gagarin!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11497343

Comments

  • qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited September 13
    Wow! I am really surprised. This is pretty much the coolest prize ever. The only way it would be better if it was a Mirroriverse K’vort. Thanks Cryptic!

    You might get some complaining about the 4-4 weapon layout. Maybe good for a torpedo boat.

    But the console looks powerful and Barbie enthusiasts will probably be most psyched about the skin anyway.

    I just need a Terran captain to fly one. I guess I could roll her now, but I have a feeling it will be better to wait to see what is planned for the story content.
    Post edited by qultuq on
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 3,556 Arc User
    I am surprised that the event reward is a Mirror Gagarin. I though it was going to be a lockbox, promo, or a C-Store ship instead of an item you can earn for free by doing the event. Though the name of one of the episodes is called Jabberwocky not Jabberwock unless they will change its name when this event goes live tomorrow.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    Look ma, a new grind that's not part of the usual seasonal ones!
  • keepcalmchiveonkeepcalmchiveon Member Posts: 3,320 Arc User
    Additionally, the first character on your account that claims this reward...

    @ambassadorkael#6946 - does this mean it will not be in a box similar to the current run that you can put into the acct bank until you choose which toon to open it on? please advise.

    @rattler2 @darkbladejk
    meh

  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,676 Arc User
    Additionally, the first character on your account that claims this reward...

    @ambassadorkael#6946 - does this mean it will not be in a box similar to the current run that you can put into the acct bank until you choose which toon to open it on? please advise.

    @rattler2 @darkbladejk

    Why would it be in a box?

    It’s an event reward, it will be reclaimable in the event store like always.
    animated.gif
    Discovery is good, it's you that sucks.
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,199 Community Moderator
    Ships like this have always been account wide.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

    Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • keepcalmchiveonkeepcalmchiveon Member Posts: 3,320 Arc User
    edited September 14
    Additionally, the first character on your account that claims this reward...

    @ambassadorkael#6946 - does this mean it will not be in a box similar to the current run that you can put into the acct bank until you choose which toon to open it on? please advise.

    @rattler2 @darkbladejk

    Why would it be in a box?

    It’s an event reward, it will be reclaimable in the event store like always.
    Ships like this have always been account wide.

    omg. duh. my apologies. got home from a long day at work and not thinking it all through. thanks for clarification. :) beers on me. (for the ship yes)

    but this is what i was going after...
    Additionally, the first character on your account that claims this reward will also receive 8x Terran Empire Agony Phaser Weapon Packs which each contain your choice of starship weapon type, and 3x Ultimate Tech Upgrade - Beam/Cannon/Projectile Tech which may be used to upgrade any starship weaponry.
    meh

  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,199 Community Moderator
    edited September 14
    UPDATE: the ship should be an account wide unlock like all previous ships. However the weapons and tech upgrades will need to be claimed on the toon you want to use them on. They are not account bound. So be careful what toon you claim it on.
    Post edited by darkbladejk on
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

    Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • keepcalmchiveonkeepcalmchiveon Member Posts: 3,320 Arc User
    edited September 14
    UPDATE: the ship should be an account wide unlock like all previous ships. However the weapons and tech upgrades will need to be claimed on the toon you want to use them on. They are not account bound. So be careful what toon you claim it on.

    this is a bad move. so, in order to even get the ship for the acct unlock, you have to make the claim on a toon anyway. unless the ship is a separate claim?

    so if people dont pick the reward right away, what is the time frame to claim it then?

    it would have been much better had you put the toon claim in a box and lock it to the acct just as you did the full event box, allowing players to place it in inventory and use at a time and on a toon they want to.

    i am betting most wont read this, or even if they do, will click claim, and then be upset over it.

    not a good move.

    dont get me wrong...the ship is an awesome reward for the mini event. its just the rest of the way it goes is not.
    meh

  • o0galathor0oo0galathor0o Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited September 14
    Looks like the person that made the character design for the earlier Leeta resigned. Omg...the new one looks like a mix of a pig and a potatoe. So now it's not just painful to listen to her terrible babbeling, now I also get eye cancer from looking at her.
    ~ Don't blame the clown for being a clown, blame yourself for going to the circus ~
  • qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 521 Arc User
    > @keepcalmchiveon said:

    > it would have been much better had you put the toon claim in a box and lock it to the acct just as you did the full event box, allowing players to place it in inventory and use at a time and on a toon they want to.
    >

    If by “event box” you mean the meta-event with Lobi, 2 T6 coupons, or the promo-ship, the initial box is not account bound but character bound. However (I believe) after you select from the three boxes the resulting reward box, coupons, or Lobi, are account bound.

    I made the mistake on picking that box on one of my 3rd-tier alts. Now it has to sit in his personal bank until I decide what I want to do with it.

    All other events have had character-only content as well. Mainly it is dilithium, but occasionally upgrade tokens and other prizes have been character-bound as well.
  • keepcalmchiveonkeepcalmchiveon Member Posts: 3,320 Arc User
    qultuq wrote: »
    > @keepcalmchiveon said:

    > it would have been much better had you put the toon claim in a box and lock it to the acct just as you did the full event box, allowing players to place it in inventory and use at a time and on a toon they want to.
    >

    If by “event box” you mean the meta-event with Lobi, 2 T6 coupons, or the promo-ship, the initial box is not account bound but character bound. However (I believe) after you select from the three boxes the resulting reward box, coupons, or Lobi, are account bound.

    I made the mistake on picking that box on one of my 3rd-tier alts. Now it has to sit in his personal bank until I decide what I want to do with it.

    All other events have had character-only content as well. Mainly it is dilithium, but occasionally upgrade tokens and other prizes have been character-bound as well.

    i like the way the meta event box was claimable and then acct locked. at allows you to get the prize and make a choice later.

    this event says that once you claim it, the smaller items are toon locked and the ship is acct unlocked. so you need to open/claim on the toon you want the smaller items on.
    meh

  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,199 Community Moderator
    As to why it's that way you would have to ask them. Generally the ships are account unlock as i believe this one is as well. You could get the ship on any toon you want. The weapons and upgrades however are one time claim only. So make sure you claim the items on the toon you want them on. From my understanding the ship will be account wide as with all event ships, only the gear isn't, be it for better or worse.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

    Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • sierra078sierra078 Member Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited September 15
    Looks like the person that made the character design for the earlier Leeta resigned. Omg...the new one looks like a mix of a pig and a potatoe. So now it's not just painful to listen to her terrible babbeling, now I also get eye cancer from looking at her.
    I have to admit Leeta does look pretty bad in this episode but maybe that's the look they were going for? The stressed out, time-is-of-the-essence-and-everyone-wants-me-dead type face?

    Also I just finished the mission and the character that came out of the turbolift in the last cutscene didn't have a head...it was the headless Terran. So was it supposed to be my character or something?

  • keepcalmchiveonkeepcalmchiveon Member Posts: 3,320 Arc User
    As to why it's that way you would have to ask them. Generally the ships are account unlock as i believe this one is as well. You could get the ship on any toon you want. The weapons and upgrades however are one time claim only. So make sure you claim the items on the toon you want them on. From my understanding the ship will be account wide as with all event ships, only the gear isn't, be it for better or worse.

    but we cant ask them, so we ask you.

    how long will the item be "claimable" after the event? i may not have a toon i want to claim the smaller items on as of yet, or by then. this is why i liked the box from the meta event. it works as a way to claim it, then use it when wanted. the way this current event is explained and put out, it makes no sense.

    yall did a good job on one thing, then ruin it on the other.

    so this is why we are asking you dark/rattler/kael. we have no way of asking them. yall do.
    meh

  • wodenazwodenaz Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited September 16
    UPDATE: the ship should be an account wide unlock like all previous ships. However the weapons and tech upgrades will need to be claimed on the toon you want to use them on. They are not account bound. So be careful what toon you claim it on.

    If this is true they realy need to change the reward info on the event changed and get it to match in future, as it clearly says "The weapons will Bind To Account on Pickup" and also clearly says the tech upgrade is bound to account.

    It would not suprise me if the person who told you they are char bound got confused with the empire giveway.

    at least if the description is correct you get 8 weapons adn 3 upgrade tokens like last time they gave away weapons with the elachi ship.

    I might actually start realy using phasers if they are good lol
  • o0galathor0oo0galathor0o Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    sierra078 wrote: »
    Looks like the person that made the character design for the earlier Leeta resigned. Omg...the new one looks like a mix of a pig and a potatoe. So now it's not just painful to listen to her terrible babbeling, now I also get eye cancer from looking at her.
    I have to admit Leeta does look pretty bad in this episode but maybe that's the look they were going for? The stressed out, time-is-of-the-essence-and-everyone-wants-me-dead type face?

    Also I just finished the mission and the character that came out of the turbolift in the last cutscene didn't have a head...it was the headless Terran. So was it supposed to be my character or something?

    Yes indeed, the character that came out of the turbolift in the end was the mirror version of your character. So looks like we have to fight ourselves in the future.
    ~ Don't blame the clown for being a clown, blame yourself for going to the circus ~
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,013 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    The weapons are less obvious for why you can't have that be an account reclaim. Especially since doing so could mean that some people might blow through some of that excess dil to make them gold on multiple toons. Other than maybe they REALLY hate the dilex and if that is the case, they should just remove it from the game already. No seriously. They are doing EVERYTHING they can to make it worse.
    I think one part of a possible solution can be seen with the Cardassian and Andorian ships: characters who have one commissioned can requisition their associated DEWs from... you guessed it... the dilithium store. Why not make that the rule for all ships with such default weapons? And speaking of possible dilithium sinks, here's one that's been oddly overlooked: add the alternate energy types to the rep stores. If I have the choice of, say, disruptor or phaser for the TTF ordinance set, why is that not the case for the other beam arrays/cannons/turrets?.

    There's also the idea of adding alternate weapons, as distinct from types, to existing rep sets lacking them - for example, imagine the Nukara Appropriated Munitions set consisting of console, (torpedo or mine launcher), and (DBB, beam array, dual cannon) - and devising warp cores for older system sets (if it could be done for Absolute Zero...).
  • tartancrusadertartancrusader Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Do we get Event Campaign progression for this also? mines seems to be stuck so hence the question as am not sure.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 3,556 Arc User
    edited September 30
    Do we get Event Campaign progression for this also? mines seems to be stuck so hence the question as am not sure.

    No, we do not get Event Campaign progression for this one. In fact, they mentioned that was not the case in the blog about it as well as the patch notes. Never assume that every event gets Event Campaign progression as well unless told that it does.
    Post edited by sthe91 on
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • tartancrusadertartancrusader Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    sthe91 wrote: »
    Do we get Event Campaign progression for this also? mines seems to be stuck so hence the question as am not sure.

    No, we do not get Event Campaign progression for this one. In fact, they mentioned that was not the case in the blog about it as well as the patch notes. Never assume that every event gets Event Campaign progression as well unless told that it does.

    Many thanks for the response.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 3,556 Arc User
    sthe91 wrote: »
    Do we get Event Campaign progression for this also? mines seems to be stuck so hence the question as am not sure.

    No, we do not get Event Campaign progression for this one. In fact, they mentioned that was not the case in the blog about it as well as the patch notes. Never assume that every event gets Event Campaign progression as well unless told that it does.

    Many thanks for the response.

    You are welcome. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
Sign In or Register to comment.