test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Equal and Opposite Event!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
Complete the Equal and Opposite Event, and you can unlock the T6 Mirror Gagarin!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11497343
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    Wow! I am really surprised. This is pretty much the coolest prize ever. The only way it would be better if it was a Mirroriverse K’vort. Thanks Cryptic!

You might get some complaining about the 4-4 weapon layout. Maybe good for a torpedo boat.

But the console looks powerful and Barbie enthusiasts will probably be most psyched about the skin anyway.

I just need a Terran captain to fly one. I guess I could roll her now, but I have a feeling it will be better to wait to see what is planned for the story content.
    Post edited by qultuq on
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User
    I am surprised that the event reward is a Mirror Gagarin. I though it was going to be a lockbox, promo, or a C-Store ship instead of an item you can earn for free by doing the event. Though the name of one of the episodes is called Jabberwocky not Jabberwock unless they will change its name when this event goes live tomorrow.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    Look ma, a new grind that's not part of the usual seasonal ones!
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Additionally, the first character on your account that claims this reward...

@ambassadorkael#6946 - does this mean it will not be in a box similar to the current run that you can put into the acct bank until you choose which toon to open it on? please advise.

@rattler2 @darkbladejk

Why would it be in a box?

It’s an event reward, it will be reclaimable in the event store like always.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator
    Ships like this have always been account wide.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
    edited September 2021
    UPDATE: the ship should be an account wide unlock like all previous ships. However the weapons and tech upgrades will need to be claimed on the toon you want to use them on. They are not account bound. So be careful what toon you claim it on.
    Post edited by darkbladejk on
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

• o0galathor0oo0galathor0o Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    Looks like the person that made the character design for the earlier Leeta resigned. Omg...the new one looks like a mix of a pig and a potatoe. So now it's not just painful to listen to her terrible babbeling, now I also get eye cancer from looking at her.
    ~ Don't blame the clown for being a clown, blame yourself for going to the circus ~
  • qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    > @keepcalmchiveon said:

> it would have been much better had you put the toon claim in a box and lock it to the acct just as you did the full event box, allowing players to place it in inventory and use at a time and on a toon they want to.
    >

If by “event box” you mean the meta-event with Lobi, 2 T6 coupons, or the promo-ship, the initial box is not account bound but character bound. However (I believe) after you select from the three boxes the resulting reward box, coupons, or Lobi, are account bound.

I made the mistake on picking that box on one of my 3rd-tier alts. Now it has to sit in his personal bank until I decide what I want to do with it.

All other events have had character-only content as well. Mainly it is dilithium, but occasionally upgrade tokens and other prizes have been character-bound as well.
    As to why it's that way you would have to ask them. Generally the ships are account unlock as i believe this one is as well. You could get the ship on any toon you want. The weapons and upgrades however are one time claim only. So make sure you claim the items on the toon you want them on. From my understanding the ship will be account wide as with all event ships, only the gear isn't, be it for better or worse.

• sierra078sierra078 Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    Looks like the person that made the character design for the earlier Leeta resigned. Omg...the new one looks like a mix of a pig and a potatoe. So now it's not just painful to listen to her terrible babbeling, now I also get eye cancer from looking at her.
    I have to admit Leeta does look pretty bad in this episode but maybe that's the look they were going for? The stressed out, time-is-of-the-essence-and-everyone-wants-me-dead type face?

Also I just finished the mission and the character that came out of the turbolift in the last cutscene didn't have a head...it was the headless Terran. So was it supposed to be my character or something?

• wodenazwodenaz Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    UPDATE: the ship should be an account wide unlock like all previous ships. However the weapons and tech upgrades will need to be claimed on the toon you want to use them on. They are not account bound. So be careful what toon you claim it on.

If this is true they realy need to change the reward info on the event changed and get it to match in future, as it clearly says "The weapons will Bind To Account on Pickup" and also clearly says the tech upgrade is bound to account.

It would not suprise me if the person who told you they are char bound got confused with the empire giveway.

at least if the description is correct you get 8 weapons adn 3 upgrade tokens like last time they gave away weapons with the elachi ship.

I might actually start realy using phasers if they are good lol
  • o0galathor0oo0galathor0o Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    sierra078 wrote: »
    I have to admit Leeta does look pretty bad in this episode but maybe that's the look they were going for? The stressed out, time-is-of-the-essence-and-everyone-wants-me-dead type face?

Also I just finished the mission and the character that came out of the turbolift in the last cutscene didn't have a head...it was the headless Terran. So was it supposed to be my character or something?

Yes indeed, the character that came out of the turbolift in the end was the mirror version of your character. So looks like we have to fight ourselves in the future.
    ~ Don't blame the clown for being a clown, blame yourself for going to the circus ~
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    The weapons are less obvious for why you can't have that be an account reclaim. Especially since doing so could mean that some people might blow through some of that excess dil to make them gold on multiple toons. Other than maybe they REALLY hate the dilex and if that is the case, they should just remove it from the game already. No seriously. They are doing EVERYTHING they can to make it worse.
    I think one part of a possible solution can be seen with the Cardassian and Andorian ships: characters who have one commissioned can requisition their associated DEWs from... you guessed it... the dilithium store. Why not make that the rule for all ships with such default weapons? And speaking of possible dilithium sinks, here's one that's been oddly overlooked: add the alternate energy types to the rep stores. If I have the choice of, say, disruptor or phaser for the TTF ordinance set, why is that not the case for the other beam arrays/cannons/turrets?.

There's also the idea of adding alternate weapons, as distinct from types, to existing rep sets lacking them - for example, imagine the Nukara Appropriated Munitions set consisting of console, (torpedo or mine launcher), and (DBB, beam array, dual cannon) - and devising warp cores for older system sets (if it could be done for Absolute Zero...).
  • tartancrusadertartancrusader Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Do we get Event Campaign progression for this also? mines seems to be stuck so hence the question as am not sure.
    edited September 2021
    Do we get Event Campaign progression for this also? mines seems to be stuck so hence the question as am not sure.

No, we do not get Event Campaign progression for this one. In fact, they mentioned that was not the case in the blog about it as well as the patch notes. Never assume that every event gets Event Campaign progression as well unless told that it does.
    Post edited by sthe91 on
  • tartancrusadertartancrusader Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    sthe91 wrote: »

No, we do not get Event Campaign progression for this one. In fact, they mentioned that was not the case in the blog about it as well as the patch notes. Never assume that every event gets Event Campaign progression as well unless told that it does.

Many thanks for the response.
    sthe91 wrote: »

Many thanks for the response.

You are welcome. :)
This discussion has been closed.