test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Terran Empire Symbol on new TFO announcement from IDW comics?

Comments

• Options
    paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,777 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    I guess their Emperor is either Mirror Wesley with traveler powers or Mirror Riker with Q powers, I'm pretty sure it was mention somewhere that that STO's Terran Emperor has Godlike powers, I can see Mirror Quinn being the Emperor's right-hand man.
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User
    Another possibility would be the Mirror version of Gary Mitchell.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    Well... the legendary Gal-X came from the comics, and has that exact same symbol...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    Mirror Picard probably formed an alliance with Q, I would have suggested Mirror Sisko but He's dead. there's so mary candidates for the Terran Emperor.
  • Options
    I wonder what happened to Emperor Spock, Mirror Picard sent Data to deal with him and he came back tiny bit of blood, I'm not sure if he killed Spock or just beat him within an inch of his life.
  • Options
    warmonger360warmonger360 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Another possibility would be the Mirror version of Gary Mitchell.
    That would be increadibly unlikely as its implied his rise to power was after DS9. I doubt Gary Mitchell was just hanging aorund doing nothing for the 100+ years between TOS and now, letting the Terran Empire fall, have a rebellion against the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance, only to seize the Terran Empire since then and before STO.

Yeah - I guess time travel shenanigans might explain things if he were, but this does seem unlikely.

how about Kirk, found his way out of the nexus, but ended up in the mirror universe
    WE SURVIVE!

aut vincere aut mori pro imperio
    either to conquer or to die for the Empire
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    I still think it'll be Killy.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Assignment:_Build_Dossier_about_the_Mirror_Emperor
    Though personal information about the Terran Emperor is deliberately concealed, your operatives learn that he is ruthless and capable of incredible feats. He has tendency to show up uncannily and destroy conspirators, and is believed to have served in Starfleet before he manifested his unusual powers. Thus far, he has been completely undefeatable.
    Very little public information exists about the current Emperor. He is apparently Terran Human who rose through the ranks of Starfleet after a strange encounter gave him god-like powers.

Lets start over with the facts again we know that the emperor is a male, we also know that they're human, that symbol seems to be early 24th century Terran Empire and that they have god like powers and it needs to be an actor whose cost isn't massive, and they can reasonably get, This makes Kirk, Janeway, and Picard, unlikely, we need to cross examine this data to determine the identity of the Terran Emperor, our most likely candidates would had served aboard the ISS Enterprise-D.
  • Options
    thay8472 wrote: »

Eh... I don't know. The lore hints we got in the past always said the Emperor was a HE.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    Fine I'll go with ... Emperor Lorca.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    Fine I'll go with ... Emperor Lorca.

OMG... that... might actually be possible.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,365 Arc User
    I'm seeing a couple of overlooked possibilities here.

1) The Emperor is Gary Mitchell, but rather than Prime Gary revealing himself immediately and getting killed by Kirk in his hubris, Mirror Gary faked his death and bided his time, learning how to control his godlike power.

2) It's all hype, with the Emperor combining a ruthlessly efficient internal security force with the Tantalus Field that Prime Kirk told Mirror Spock about to appear godlike and omnipresent. It certainly wouldn't be the first time an extremely mortal emperor spread tales of his own divine powers...
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    Looks like the symbol is being used for the Terran Empire in Lower Decks too. At this point it feels like the Terran Empire never fell.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    warmonger360warmonger360 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited September 2021

this could be. she was rather good as a terran. Lorca would be good too
    WE SURVIVE!

aut vincere aut mori pro imperio
    either to conquer or to die for the Empire
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Looks like the symbol is being used for the Terran Empire in Lower Decks too. At this point it feels like the Terran Empire never fell.
    What if the Emperor is Mirror Boimler, having succeeded in areas that his Prime counterpart failed like being promoted to captain and evenually becoming the next Terran Emperor, I'm kidding but it would be funny to be outshined by your own counterpart (Mirror Archer) or being better than them in some regard.
  • Options
    What if the Emperor is Mirror Boimler, having succeeded in areas that his Prime counterpart failed like being promoted to captain and evenually becoming the next Terran Emperor, I'm kidding but it would be funny to be outshined by your own counterpart (Mirror Archer) or being better than them in some regard.

Or ... Emperor Ransom after he got his weird rainbow powers? XD
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    joshmauljoshmaul Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    I wish to point out that Georgiou was identified as "Emperor" and was most certainly not a he, so...

Likely retconned, but I vaguely remember waaaay back when the mirror universe was brought into the game that the leader of the Terrans was "Smiley" O'Brien's son? Maybe he's the Emperor.
    TW1sr57.jpg
    "There's No Way Like Poway!"

Real Join Date: October 2010
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    The Emperor is explicitly called he/him in-game.

True. However, a few interesting possibilities:
    • It's a shape-shifter and is neither male/female/etc.
    • It's some type of "wizard of oz" situation and the person people think is the Emperor is really not.

They could probably use lots of different sci-fi/trek related explanations if they wanted to change Emperor to fit some new story idea.

They could also completely disregard some piece of lore written in a blog that the majority of the playerbase never read in the first place.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    delete my comment
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,394 Arc User
    It could be Mirror!Kurland. He's always here and with an improved Tantalus Field, he can take care of anyone.

But we all know it's a disguised Mirror!Tendi who uses a fancy scary armor with a voice modulator to sound like a big bulky man called Emperor Dominator.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    Yes! Empress Tendi!
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    joshmauljoshmaul Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    edited September 2021

One could assume that most in the Empire don't know exactly who (or what) the Emperor is, and simply make the assumption based on the male title. That's how it went with Georgiou; her identity was not known to the Empire as a whole, only to her inner circle - and she likely used the male title to spread that confusion around. (Plus she probably thought that "Empress" implied "consort", and... she was nobody's +1.)
    TW1sr57.jpg
    "There's No Way Like Poway!"

Real Join Date: October 2010
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    joshmaul wrote: »

One could assume that most in the Empire don't know exactly who (or what) the Emperor is, and simply make the assumption based on the male title. That's how it went with Georgiou; her identity was not known to the Empire as a whole, only to her inner circle - and she likely used the male title to spread that confusion around. (Plus she probably thought that "Empress" implied "consort", and... she was nobody's +1.)

there's president for in Real Life as well IIRC all female rulers of ancient Egypt used the male title and some were considered male for ceremonies and such.

It might even be that there's a male puppet emperor for public appearances and to draw out assassins while the true "emperor" is female but out of sight as to not drawn assassins to her, hell if they would accept an emperor who is masked all the time while in public there might even be several male puppets (which could lead to the rumors of godlike powers if the emperor seemingly survives certain death).
  • Options
    spiritborn wrote: »
    joshmaul wrote: »

there's president for in Real Life as well IIRC all female rulers of ancient Egypt used the male title and some were considered male for ceremonies and such.

It might even be that there's a male puppet emperor for public appearances and to draw out assassins while the true "emperor" is female but out of sight as to not drawn assassins to her, hell if they would accept an emperor who is masked all the time while in public there might even be several male puppets (which could lead to the rumors of godlike powers if the emperor seemingly survives certain death).

The female "true emperor" idea sounds good, maybe have her be in public posing as one of her puppet's many concubines.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Personal preference of mine is that I just like idea of half terran hybrids becoming emperors, they're alien enough to bring in fellow aliens and terran enough to earn a lot of respect within the empire, or image if an augment become the terran emperor, surprised mirror Khan didn't get chance at being emperor, he's probably just still in cyro sleep.
This discussion has been closed.