The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    ussvaliant2#1952 ussvaliant2 Member Posts: 402 Arc User

"What a piece of junk"

I hope she makes .5 past lightspeed

This is one of the easiest choices to pass on a promo ship.
    https://i.imgur.com/r6F7yxj.jpeg
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    So, the UEDF flying toilets - I don't understand why so many designers feel the need to model ships after household appliances and furniture.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    "What a piece of junk"

I hope she makes .5 past lightspeed

This is one of the easiest choices to pass on a promo ship.

Same here. It's a completely fine generic sci-fi design, but doesn't look particularly "Trek" to me. Which is not a problem at all. I've said it many times but I actually prefer NOT to like any ship they put in a lockbox or promo pack.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    So, the UEDF flying toilets - I don't understand why so many designers feel the need to model ships after household appliances and furniture.​​

LOL damn; you're right. And now that's all I'll ever see when I look at it :D:D:D

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    I'm waiting for a flying hand mixer
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,986 Arc User
    It is rather epic looking in it's own unique way...
  • Options
    redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    I don't understand why so many designers feel the need to model ships after household appliances and furniture.​​

I think it happens when they think they're comedians and it'd be funny.

I did suggest a fridge-based skin for a mech-looking character in a different game once, but just for giggles.

As for the ship itself: yeah, ummm.... wot.

I was pretty much expecting/hoping the 32nd-century "Constitution" to be the next one in line, but now I get the uncomfy feeling it may be the last one, with all or most of the others being promo too. Well, whatever. Just a longer wait to use my banked choice-box.
  • Options
    doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    So its based on the Toire Class or?zx5027-13.png

C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    pOxsJcK.png

Gotta admit, the trait looks interesting. +50% BONUS exotic damage at 10 stacks.

The console seems neat too. AUX-scaling energy-damage boon and hullcap.
  • Options
    captainrebel78#5049 captainrebel78 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    The main impression that I got from this was that all new DSC and PIC ships going forward will either box lockbox ships or promo ships. Yes, the statement was given that "two new ships have been put in the C-Store." However, that is a stark difference with the number of ships that have been released as lockbox only or promo box only ships since January of 2021.
  • Options
    solidshark214solidshark214 Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    What in the Nine Circles is that hideous thing???
  • Options
    dragon#2626 dragon Member Posts: 256 Arc User
    Well. That's hideous.
    I swim through a sea of stars. . . .
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    removed
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    not gonna lie, for a brief moment before I realized what you all were talking about, my first thought was Courage the Cowardly Dog. yep it's been one of those days lol
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    I don't mind the design of it so much, but sort of a bad presentation & anticlimactic when the ship's special feature doesn't work on the livestream to showcase. I don't think it looks particularly Star Trek nor Federation but that's more a minor issue with STO anymore & for it's own style I didn't mind it.
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2021
    Well the one interesting thing about the Ship, is in Sci mode it fly's forward one way; then switch to TAC spins flys forward the other way. :o

Still keeping the humor aside, I'm not much of a fan of several of the 32nd Century Star Fleet Ships! The only two exceptions is the update to the Discovery (Refit), and mostly the Voyager Class. The detached Nacelles are a nice touch for both these more typical Federation Designs.

Disco-ship-concepts1.jpg
    Disco-ship-concepts2.jpg

My only thought was different priorities, really limited or forced their hand. Especially since Vulcan, Trill, and several other Worlds including Earth (Previously where Starfleet HQ was) until the Burn changed everything.

It's my hope that despite potential new threats, there's also new opportunities, and most of that revolves around a more Familar Federation Ship design! We saw Season 3 see Discovery move to distribute Dilithium to former Federation Worlds... ...so I'm hopeful we see a return to a bit more Traditional Federation Design elements, even if they are more technologically advanced than we've seen in the past!

Can't wait for Season 4 to start!
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    Cool.. I get to be the only one here..

I like it. :smile:

I really do, I think it looks cool.

Now, would I pay promo price for it? Nope.. which is a shame.

As always, it's shoehorned into a promo box which gives it a price tag that makes it just not worth it. I could buy one, I have the EC saved up.. but just because you can afford something, doesn't mean you should. Even though I like it, it's not a good use of my funds.

At this point, the cost of items in this game has almost completely driven me away. Even though I know how to get EC in game, it still takes a lot of time to do without throwing in cash, and I just don't want to give these guys money.

I don't even care anymore when they announce something new, it's just gotten silly.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    ussvaliant2#1952 ussvaliant2 Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    The main impression that I got from this was that all new DSC and PIC ships going forward will either box lockbox ships or promo ships. Yes, the statement was given that "two new ships have been put in the C-Store." However, that is a stark difference with the number of ships that have been released as lockbox only or promo box only ships since January of 2021.

Yeah - "two new ships have been put in the C-store". Apparently the fact that they gave us two C-store ships over a month ago means we're supposed to shut up about wanting (prefering?) C-store ships.

How can they honestly think this obscure ship would sell better than a C-Store T6 Nova or T6 Saber. Even a Yeager would probably out sell this latest gamble box offering.
    https://i.imgur.com/r6F7yxj.jpeg
  • Options
    nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »

Yeah - "two new ships have been put in the C-store". Apparently the fact that they gave us two C-store ships over a month ago means we're supposed to shut up about wanting (prefering?) C-store ships.

Yeah that Borticus seemed almost proud about Cryptic only releasing 2 zen store ships in over 6 months & a promo ship releases every month.
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    Not bad.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    horridpersonhorridperson Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    I considered saying something horrible. Then I came to the realization that I fly ships that make me happy. If these do the same for someone else I guess that's a win.
    battlegroupad_zps8gon3ojt.jpg

• Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    > @redeyedraven said:
    > Gotta admit, the trait looks interesting. +50% BONUS exotic damage at 10 stacks.
    >
    > The console seems neat too. AUX-scaling energy-damage boon and hullcap.

The way it reads you can use 1 boff power before the stacks reset. I would never slot such a trait.

Easy to pass release for me. That’s good. :)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    xarynn2058xarynn2058 Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    Wow, that's a whole new level of ugly. Reminds me of Firefly's Wash talking to an "alien" (cow fetus) in a jar: "Do not fear me! Ours is a peaceful race. And we must live in harmony."
    S1J6m8B.jpg
  • Options
    The way it reads you can use 1 boff power before the stacks reset. I would never slot such a trait.

Yeah, it probably looks more interesting than it actually is. Best thing one could do with that is placing a stronger grav-well that with other traits would last for a long time and deal tons of damage. The reset doesn't seem to be cooldown-based tho.
  • Options
    chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    USS Annan is definitely a toilet seat
This discussion has been closed.