test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A little love for Cardassians please?

doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
We got playable Cardassians and a bunch of ships but what we didn't get is Ground Weapons make them Lobi if you have too and Pet's other then Frigates. So I humble ask for some Cardassian Fighter Pets since we have 2 Cardassian Ships which have hangar bays. Ground Weapons, Hangar Pets and maybe a real Story Line later down the road with Garak as main focus point. Maybe make them some Hideki Class Pets or come up with one yourself. Just would love to play my Cardassians more but it feels wrong not having the right equiptment.
C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,777 Arc User
    I agree
  • Options
    lnbladelnblade Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    Agreed. I'd also like to see a flyable Hideki shuttle and a couple of 360 spiral wave beams
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    The Hideki would be more comparable to a Miranda, and would probably come with Yukawa parts as I think that's supposed to be an evolution of the Hideki.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    Would be nice to have some ground weapons...and would be nice if they gave the space weapons unique sound effects. The beam array has a unique sound but everything else, including the dual beam bank all use standard disruptor sound effects.
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    My kdf recruit is a cardi so I would not mind stuff to tune that species up a bit.

Sadly they should also look at the tailor. I have countless buggy color related dependencies between costumes I don’t experience on my other chars.

It’s terrible and I have no hope of a fix anytime soon.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    I would like to see more cardiassian boffs they are like reman boffs nearly impossible to get maybe a c store pack of very rare boffs
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    They really need to update the uniform, it looks like it was simply lifted from the low quality NPC version, it also has a weird orange/yellow gloss on the boots and top and blue gloss on the pants which looks awful and mismatched no matter if you put the same colour on everything. They also need to add the Legate variant and its badge. I also think a Legendary Keldon would be a good idea.
  • Options
    shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    They need to give us the legate pin or some ranks pins for them
  • Options
    paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,777 Arc User
    shadowkosh wrote: »
    They need to give us the legate pin or some ranks pins for them

Those need to be added to 2021's first contact day badge boxes.
  • Options
    doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    The Hideki would be more comparable to a Miranda, and would probably come with Yukawa parts as I think that's supposed to be an evolution of the Hideki.

True, but I still would like some fighter pets.

C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    My kdf recruit is a cardi so I would not mind stuff to tune that species up a bit.

Sadly they should also look at the tailor. I have countless buggy color related dependencies between costumes I don’t experience on my other chars.

It’s terrible and I have no hope of a fix anytime soon.

Yeah there are a lot of problems with the tailor, some with the cardassian uniform definitely. But those things don't bring in any money for them so they're low priority AKA they don't care
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,394 Arc User
    But first things first, the shoulders on the female Cardassians should be fixed. Right now, it looks like these arm extremities are painfully shoved into their torso.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    michaelsdstmichaelsdst Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    I agree, ground weapons would be really nice. Generally, Cardies really need some fixes: uniform, female doffs, colours, pins, etc.
    GIVE US THE TYPHOON! Enough said...
  • Options
    diocletian#7546 diocletian Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    I have a Cardassian. I have not played him much. I got the plain and simple bundle with Lobi and took him up to level 65 then stopped. The Cardassian uniform does look pretty bad and the lack of ground weapons makes me feel like he is an odd ball. Maybe if they have a better uniform and released some Cardassian ground weapons, I would have my interest grow to play him again. The Cardassians do interest me a lot, but I just do not think STO has put as much quality effort into them
  • Options
    joshmauljoshmaul Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    I have a 65 Cardassian with all the trimmings (I bought the big DS9 pack when it came out - it was a birthday present, heh), picked up the Plain and Simple Pack fairly cheap-ish on the Exchange, Cardassian BOffs (more Exchange), full spiral wave disruptors, the works. No regrets. But I agree, we need proper Cardassian ground weapons (hell, if the Ferengi can get 'em, why can't the Cardassians?) and proper uniforms.
    TW1sr57.jpg
    "There's No Way Like Poway!"

Real Join Date: October 2010
  • Options
    lasershadow#9220 lasershadow Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    I am honestly surprised that Cardassians haven't become their own playable faction yet like the Romulans did. They were major players in the entirety of DS9.
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    I am honestly surprised that Cardassians haven't become their own playable faction yet like the Romulans did. They were major players in the entirety of DS9.

Why the surprise? The only stuff that ever got the full treatment was TNG, and now DSC is getting it. The Romulans got a 10-level abbreviated faction based on the Prime side of the Kelvin stuff and then are folded into Fed or KDF as a sort of subfaction, and they probably only got that much because the Kelvin movies were expected to keep going longer.

DS9 in general got the short end of the stick. Sure there is Bajor, the station, and the wormhole, but the Dominion does not really have a faction at all, the "Jem'Hadar faction" is just Odo's expeditionary force and only consists of one race (the lowest cast of the direct Dominion races no less) so you cannot even play the command structure the Dominion had in the show (without exception every single officer shown in the Dominion military was Vorta, the highest ranked J'H shown were the equivalent of noncoms), and only one direct scenario.

Really, what surprises me is that they even bothered to make Cardassians a formal race at all since they barely figured into TNG and nothing running at the time they came out in the c-store involved them at all. Pretty much the same situation as the Vorta.
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    Really, what surprises me is that they even bothered to make Cardassians a formal race at all since they barely figured into TNG and nothing running at the time they came out in the c-store involved them at all.

By the time it happened, I wasn't surprised. I had hoped for a short introduction of missions like with the Romulans or Jem'Hadar but when it didn't happen, I wasn't surprised in the least that they went the route they did. At the very least, I'm glad they didn't butcher the Cardassians like they did with the Romulans. When I first created a Romulan character, I was excited to be the "bad guy." Unfortunately, this would not be the case with Cryptic's version of playable Romulans. Had I realized, I was creating a "friendly anime elf" with emo clothing instead of what we see on screen, I probably wouldn't have bothered ever playing with a Romulan character. I shudder to think what Cryptic's version of a Cardassian storyline would be.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    joshmauljoshmaul Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    Really, what surprises me is that they even bothered to make Cardassians a formal race at all since they barely figured into TNG and nothing running at the time they came out in the c-store involved them at all. Pretty much the same situation as the Vorta.

The expansion at the time we got them involved DS9, and Cardassians factored quite heavily into DS9.
    TW1sr57.jpg
    "There's No Way Like Poway!"

Real Join Date: October 2010
This discussion has been closed.