test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Do you think Jmpok will be gone?

tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
storyline seems to set that up but what are the chances of that happening? if they do whack him... will you still see/hail him on Qeynos giving out the earlier missions?

sorry dont know how to do poll
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    tigeraries wrote: »
    storyline seems to set that up but what are the chances of that happening? if they do whack him... will you still see/hail him on Qeynos giving out the earlier missions?

If J'mpok does end up going, he'll still be in anything pre-Klingon Civil War since replaying that stuff is a holodeck simulation, and of course anything you haven't played yet that has him as a mission contact WILL have him.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    I doubt Jmpok will be gone. He is heavily tied to many KDF missions, even before all this Disco stuff. There are no characters on Qo'nos First City that disappear because of something happening to them. Jmpok is a permanent fixture in the KDF and one of the key mission hubs. We don't have phased faction hubs where the NPCs disappear, reappear according to where one is in their storyline.

I'd like for him to "trip and suddenly fall on his battleth" and die, but I don't see him going away.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,264 Arc User
    I doubt Jmpok will be gone. He is heavily tied to many KDF missions, even before all this Disco stuff. There are no characters on Qo'nos First City that disappear because of something happening to them. Jmpok is a permanent fixture in the KDF and one of the key mission hubs. We don't have phased faction hubs where the NPCs disappear, reappear according to where one is in their storyline.

I'd like for him to "trip and suddenly fall on his battleth" and die, but I don't see him going away.
    We do have phased "faction" hub in form of DS9, as the Dominion NPCs aren't there before the relevant storyline events.

J'mpok will probably not be removed from earlier missions though. Too much voice work that would have to be re-recorded, that said it doesn't mean he'll stay for future missions.

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,023 Community Moderator
    J'mpok is as good as dead. He's gone mad with Power, and will stop at nothing to destroy anyone who is a threat to that power. And Klingons don't take betrayal lightly. Not only that, he's pretty much attacked the Federation, Romulan Republic, and Dominion, then covered it up and blamed it on the player character. NONE of the major powers are gonna want him to stay in power. He's a loose cannon with a superweapon.

Any missions pre removal will remain the same as those are "past events". Anything after will most likely have a new contact of some sort, either the new Chancellor or high ranking officer.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    therealblackkaostherealblackkaos Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    Who knows? Maybe they’ll make him a clone or a Undine imposter. But I don’t see them removing him outright without a viable replacement and Martok isn’t it. Unles they make Worf the new leader no one is a viable candidate and they’re not going to leave KDF leaderless.
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    Think it's pretty obvious he is dead...probably replaced by L'rell because of course Discovery Klingons are better than modern Klingons

Game may as well be called Discovery Online, because that is all the game is anymore, why the story hasn't really advanced at all in 3 years, Devs probably have nothing left which is why they lean on Discovery like a crutch, or CBS doesn't allow them anything else
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,395 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    After what happened, even if I think the twist was badly done, I highly doubt J'mpok is gonna stay alive very long.

The guy shroom-nuked Khitomer, killing a lot of important people in the lore (including Ambassador Surah), sent Ja'rod, the only honorable member of the House of Duras, to his death, dishonorably framed 3 war heroes (even if Kurn isn't mentioned, the IKS Kor still get attacked), dragged the whole Alliance and its flagship into that mess, self-proclaimed himself Emperor, conspired with the known treacherous Aakar, attacked the sacred place Boreth.

My guess is somewhere during the Discovery arcs the Cryptic crew asked Mary Chieffo if she was OK with playing a clone of L'Rell and she said yes for as long as they wished and they realized it was a good opportunity to get rid of the unremarkable J'mpok and get a better chancellor while keeping Martok around without him being forced to go back to the chancellorship he hated so they hastily turned J'Ula from irredeemably evil to "not used to 25th century mentalities and manipulated by Aakar".

And maybe it'll finally be a good opportunity to make the Great Hall dynamic in the way it handles NPC spawns since J'mpok and the long-killed-by-M'Tara Council members have literally outlived their welcome in it.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    He's (JMPOK) not redeemable storyline wise so I'm sure he will be killed off. Looks like he will be replaced by L'Rell.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    millefune#8468 millefune Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    tigeraries wrote: »

If J'mpok does end up going, he'll still be in anything pre-Klingon Civil War since replaying that stuff is a holodeck simulation, and of course anything you haven't played yet that has him as a mission contact WILL have him.

What? So my characters didn't actually go through the tutorial or expose House Torg?
  • Options
    revanantmoriturirevanantmorituri Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    Frankly, I suspect he's already dead, or in a very small cell right now. We're seeing Undine or rogue Changeling level crazy here. The real J'mpok watched the PC win the frelling Iconian War: he knows you could seize the Chancellorship if you really wanted it. Klingons love their war heroes.
    -
    Formerly @Seschat pre PWEmerger. @Seschat on the Titan boards.

Supporter of the Titan Project.
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2021
    spiritborn wrote: »

We do have phased "faction" hub in form of DS9, as the Dominion NPCs aren't there before the relevant storyline events.

J'mpok will probably not be removed from earlier missions though. Too much voice work that would have to be re-recorded, that said it doesn't mean he'll stay for future missions.

Yea it honestly be nice to see a Leader more like D'Tan from the Republic, or Quinn from the Federation; especially if Klingon's are going to be Stronger members of the Alliance... <3:o
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    They are likely gonna do it like the Gamma Quadrent episode missions, where NPCs on DS9 gets switched out as you progress the missions.

So before you play the missions where he shows his true self, he will be on Qonos', and after it will be the next Chancellor.
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
  • Options
    lianthelia wrote: »
    Game may as well be called Discovery Online, because that is all the game is anymore, why the story hasn't really advanced at all in 3 years...

Actually they originally planned for another arc involving the Terran Empire after ViL, but then got the green light for Discovery based content. Current plans are to go after Mirror Leeta after the current arc is done. AND since we did have all that Discovery stuff... we also have Mirror Tilly running around.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    He'll most likely to be dead or have the rarer option of becoming a recurring villain, I'm going with the first option because STO does have a reputation for killing off their villains.
  • Options
    Hmm to date only Hakeev, the female changeling, Torg and B'Vat has been killed and of those only Hakeev and the Female changeling were of the same caliber as J'mpok. Noye and Sela are in custody, T'Ket is a big maybe. oh and Gaul was killed too.
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    they can always unpaint themselves out of a corner by: undine, mirror undine, founder, alpha founder, mirror founder, clone... another multiverse version, other unknown alien, mind controlled by another alien? I guess if they want to save Gawron he will need to die, but not to say he is THE only Jmpok... oh well hope the next episode finishes off the story.
  • Options
    Hmm to date only Hakeev, the female changeling, Torg and B'Vat has been killed and of those only Hakeev and the Female changeling were of the same caliber as J'mpok. Noye and Sela are in custody, T'Ket is a big maybe. oh and Gaul was killed too.

As the mission where we kill B'Vat was pulled for revamp... his ultimate fate is up in the air right now.
  • Options
    A bit off-topic but how I'd want J'mpok to be defeat is not in a glorious final battle but rather when we confront him, he slips and does a comedy pratfall before even being able to fight us allowing us to capture him alive and without a fight (essentially his defeat will be about as dishonorable as possible from a Klingon point of view).

After all if he dies his followers can still claim he died as a Klingon and thus we're unworthy, but J'mpok falls on his TRIBBLE and is captured alive it'll make it that much harder for any self respecting Klingon to try to avenge him.
  • Options
    rattler2 wrote: »
    As the mission where we kill B'Vat was pulled for revamp... his ultimate fate is up in the air right now.
    Ehhhh I wouldn't say that.

This isn't like the Romulan/Cardassian arc revamps where they totally changed the story, these mission updates are supposed to be the same mission, but just better made, like what they did with the other Klingon War missions when the DSC content started.

I am entirely certain B'vat will still die at the end of the arc.

Very likely but until we get those missions back, it's not confirmed and thus is up in the air. I personally consider him killed as he hasn't re-appeared even though there's a lot of story elements that would have it logical for him to make his return.
  • Options
    paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    A bit off-topic but how I'd want J'mpok to be defeat is not in a glorious final battle but rather when we confront him, he slips and does a comedy pratfall before even being able to fight us allowing us to capture him alive and without a fight (essentially his defeat will be about as dishonorable as possible from a Klingon point of view).

After all if he dies his followers can still claim he died as a Klingon and thus we're unworthy, but J'mpok falls on his TRIBBLE and is captured alive it'll make it that much harder for any self respecting Klingon to try to avenge him.

I think it would be interesting to have a mission where J'mpok attempts a prison escape and you try to stop him only for him to be shot in the back and killed by Sela, there's nothing more dishonorable to a klingon than being killed by a romulan, to the klingon empire romulans are the most dishonorable species they ever came across.
  • Options
    edited March 2021

I think it would be interesting to have a mission where J'mpok attempts a prison escape and you try to stop him only for him to be shot in the back and killed by Sela, there's nothing more dishonorable to a klingon than being killed by a romulan, to the klingon empire romulans are the most dishonorable species they ever came across.

Actually getting killed by a Romulan in combat would be a good death for a Klingon, now getting shot in the back without being able to fight back would be a dishonorable death. Though for a Klingon the most dishonorable death would be a "straw death" aka dying of natural causes, so if J'mpok die of a heart attack that would be more dishonorable then anything Sela could do to him.

Remember that Romulans are considered dishonorable because they won't engage Klingons in open combat not because of anything inherent to the species.
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    IMO, he always sucked as a character. Hopefully he's gone for good.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    sierra078sierra078 Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    I really really want a scene like this

Martok, J'ulla and your character and Boffs walk into his office/bridge.
    Character: In the name of the Khitomer Alliance,
    Martok: and the Klingon Empire. You are under arrest Chancellor.

J'mpok: Are you threatening me General?

Martok: The Empire will decide your fate

J'mpok: I am the Empire.

Martok: Not yet.

J'mpok: It's treason then. *Pulls red nanopulse dak'tagh/Mek'leth/Bat'leth.
  • Options
    theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    J'mpok is dead meat walking I hope. What galls me a bit is we walked all the extra miles with J'Ula and see her grow just to have the other one digged out of her grave in the last minute.

Although maybe it will be a Queen/Prime Minister ehmm... Empress / Chancellor thing for both.
  • Options
    jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User

As much as I'd love nothing more than to waste J'mpok, I think that scenario would also be rather amusing.

Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
  • Options
    theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User

As much as I'd love nothing more than to waste J'mpok, I think that scenario would also be rather amusing.

J'mpoks final stand like something right out of a Zucker/Abrahams/Zucker movie... I would love it :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B40cQXCfooE
  • Options

Well we do know that dying in battle would be a good death for a Klingon (especially if they fell in battle against a legendary warrior like our character), however dying in a jail cell of old age after you were capture alive and without a fight due your own incompetence would be just about the most dishonorable fate possible for a klingon.
  • Options
    reyan01 wrote: »

To be honest, I can't really see him getting an honourable death - not from a story OR practical point of view. However he dies, he won't be going to Sto-Vo-Kor:

Story PoV: The story has led us to something of an 'eye for an eye' scenario - J'Ula offerred Aakar's and J'mpok's souls to Fek'lhr which strongly indicates that the story will, at some point, involve a return to Gre'thor

Practical PoV: The Devs are liable to be VERY keen to re-use the new Gre'thor map they made, as it's obviously a pretty detailed map and re-using would likely be quite a time-saver.

Yeah after what J'mpok has done honorable death is highly unlikely, that said it would be lovely if devs acknowledged that Klingon definition of "honor" isn't the same as western cultures in 21st century Earth (aka us) and gave J'mpok an end that was something no Klingon would claim to have been a good end.
This discussion has been closed.