test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Do you think Jmpok will be gone?

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    J'mpok is dead meat walking I hope. What galls me a bit is we walked all the extra miles with J'Ula and see her grow just to have the other one digged out of her grave in the last minute.

Although maybe it will be a Queen/Prime Minister ehmm... Empress / Chancellor thing for both.

J'Ula won't be Chancellor. Unless something drastic happens, most of the Great Houses won't follow her because they blame her for the Mycelial Weapon, and the Khitomer Alliance members won't accept her because she was an aggressor towards them, the Federation especially.

L'Rell most likely won't be Chancellor because we can't guarantee the availability of the actress to play her in game on a regular basis. Also L'Rell was brought in to act as unifying influence and rally cry. A symbol of hope and courage in the face of J'mpok's madness. She'll most likely take up a more symbolic role, like Kahless did before her.

Honestly we might see Martok return as Chancellor, even if he hates the job. But ironically... that's what makes him good in it. He's not a politician. He's a warrior.
    spiritborn wrote: »
    Well we do know that dying in battle would be a good death for a Klingon (especially if they fell in battle against a legendary warrior like our character), however dying in a jail cell of old age after you were capture alive and without a fight due your own incompetence would be just about the most dishonorable fate possible for a klingon.

J'mpok is as good as dead. J'Ula promised his soul to Fek'lhr. There is no capture in his future. Just a Mek'leth, and a date with the Klingon Devil. And Aakar will join him in a place that lacks AC. ;)
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,774 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Story PoV: The story has led us to something of an 'eye for an eye' scenario - J'Ula offerred Aakar's and J'mpok's souls to Fek'lhr which strongly indicates that the story will, at some point, involve a return to Gre'thor
    Seems like a worthless deal if you ask me, J'mpok and Aakar were already heading to Gre'thor so what was the point in offering their souls unless there was something else that sweeten the deal.

Seems like a worthless deal if you ask me, J'mpok and Aakar were already heading to Gre'thor so what was the point in offering their souls unless there was something else that sweeten the deal.

Fek'lhr doesn't have to wait for them do die of old age or anything. He's getting their souls on a silver platter in their prime. Who doesn't want nice, juicy, cheesy souls faster?
    Basement Cat approves.
    a2c79d6729eacdc171ebf0a16d06b20d.jpg
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    J'mpok and Aakar will be guests of the Fek'lhr, but Aakar will make a deal and walk out of Gre'thor when J'Ula gets taken out. Knowing CBS, they'll install that puppet Worf as chancellor and a new war will start when most of the great houses follow Aakar and Worf enlists the Federation to his side.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    J'mpok and Aakar will be guests of the Fek'lhr, but Aakar will make a deal and walk out of Gre'thor when J'Ula gets taken out. Knowing CBS, they'll install that puppet Worf as chancellor and a new war will start when most of the great houses follow Aakar and Worf enlists the Federation to his side.
    Unless CBS borderline threatens Michael Dorn with a specific contract, it's unlikely as Dorn isn't interested in returning, with how Alexander's death was handled as one of the reasons.

And it shows with how he acts in the game: compared to Martok, Aakar, Adet'pa, Kuumaarke, Leeta and co, the delivery of Worf's lines are incredibly wooden.
    It sounded cool back then as he was the first original actor to return (Nimoy excluded), but now, when you listen to most returning actors in recent missions, the difference of quality is obvious.

I think that for recent missions, only Odo's deliveries feel devoid of emotions, but that I can understand as Odo was a mostly stoic character, he spent ~30 years in the ever-so-fun-loving Great Link, and René Auberjonois was battling lung cancer.

My guess is L'Rell will take over as Chancellor since Mary Chieffo seems to enjoy the role and the character is unlikely to be developed on-screen again, unless she gets to reappear in Strange New Worlds and/or the S31 Georgiou spin-off. Plus, there can be opportunities to have holo-Stamets, simulacrum!Burnham and her interact with each other, maybe as foils and advisors against Killy should she eventually return.

Martok is too awesome to go back to listen to bickering politicians and not blow things up with the Rotarran.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    I'm sure they have the tech by now to make it where a certain npc can change depending on what phase of the game a character has entered. Which would explain why I've noticed certain NPC's have the wrong voice overs then after a patch goes back to normal and then sometimes randomly happens again but gets fixed. The case being that PC has always had the content release basis of as soon as they make it literally that its put into the game. However it will be great to find out what the whole viewpoint of J'mpok seeing Gowron as a Tyrant. Overall though pretty sure J'mpok is dying and going to Grethor and then visually he will be replaced by L'Rell, Martok, possibly Gowron, Worf or even someone else. Plus when they are able to reuse content like the Grethor maps now and Boreth as well it can make content delivery easier and less time to make it.

Anyways regardless of what happens its great that we finally got a Klingon themed arc to play and along with the Temer I am mostly satisfied only gripe is not being able to get the Legendary ships but in the end the Temer is better than the vor'cha and b'rel and in just one ship.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User

Martok is too awesome to go back to listen to bickering politicians and not blow things up with the Rotarran.

Martok doesn't seem to even entertain the idea of being Chancellor again.
    In the mission when your party talks with Gowron, Martok understood how the never ending struggle to maintain power as Chancellor changes a person. He understood how Gowron changed from the man he was before compared to the one that was killed by Worf.
    Hell, Martok didn't even want it the first time around.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    Unless CBS borderline threatens Michael Dorn with a specific contract, it's unlikely as Dorn isn't interested in returning, with how Alexander's death was handled as one of the reasons.

And it shows with how he acts in the game: compared to Martok, Aakar, Adet'pa, Kuumaarke, Leeta and co, the delivery of Worf's lines are incredibly wooden.
    It sounded cool back then as he was the first original actor to return (Nimoy excluded), but now, when you listen to most returning actors in recent missions, the difference of quality is obvious.

I think that for recent missions, only Odo's deliveries feel devoid of emotions, but that I can understand as Odo was a mostly stoic character, he spent ~30 years in the ever-so-fun-loving Great Link, and René Auberjonois was battling lung cancer.

My guess is L'Rell will take over as Chancellor since Mary Chieffo seems to enjoy the role and the character is unlikely to be developed on-screen again, unless she gets to reappear in Strange New Worlds and/or the S31 Georgiou spin-off. Plus, there can be opportunities to have holo-Stamets, simulacrum!Burnham and her interact with each other, maybe as foils and advisors against Killy should she eventually return.

Is there an interview/tweet/similar to that highlighted line?
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User

IIRC CBS is pretty hands of with the STO storyline apart from things they want to explore themselves (like the Kelpiens prior to the end of season 2 of Discovery).

The Problem with people like L'Rell, Kurn or Martok becoming the chancellor is money (IRL money that is) they may like Star Trek but the actors for those characters won't work for free (same with Dorn as well) so using them as essentially main character in STO might be too expensive (I dunno for sure as I've not seen the contracts).

J'Ula has the benefit of being voiced by a STO regular (so they probably have long term contract with her). Though there's always the possibility that L'Rell or Martok will become the chancellor but your regular briefings will be done by someone like Kagran and the Chancellor being more like the Federation President, present yes but not really interacting as much with the player.

That's mostly from the Ten Forward weekly of 9/23/2020 where it's said that Dorn found the devs went too far ("you did him dirty") with Alexander's death:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1257781/ten-forward-weekly-9-23-2020

There is also the fact we went from:
    "Worf isn't in the current story arc due to budget reasons, might come in later"
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1257697/ten-forward-weekly-09-16-2020/p1

"Unlikely they will get Worf back for various reasons"
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1258424/ten-forward-weekly-10-28-20/p1

Considering Dorn's line deliveries and the fact his next appearances in Brushfire, Home and Knowledge is Power are either voiceless or repurposed lines...
    #TASforSTO
    J'Ula has the benefit of being voiced by a STO regular (so they probably have long term contract with her). Though there's always the possibility that L'Rell or Martok will become the chancellor but your regular briefings will be done by someone like Kagran and the Chancellor being more like the Federation President, present yes but not really interacting as much with the player.

I just don't see J'ula being Chancellor. She's already disliked by the Federation and the Romulans for her shenanigans before J'mpok went full madman. And many of the Great Houses also feel she is not worthy to lead either.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    At least 2 of my Klingon characters will happily take the chancellorship. Or the Emperor's Throne come to that.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    artan42 wrote: »
    At least 2 of my Klingon characters will happily take the chancellorship. Or the Emperor's Throne come to that.

Us becoming the chancellor will pretty much never happen, way too many story issues with that.

1. Taking that position would work only for pure klingons (note that DSC Klingons count as pure here) any other KDF species would ineligible for the Chancellor's seat or the Emperor's throne. (as would obviously be any PC who isn't part of the KDF faction and this would include KDF allied Romulans and Jem'hadar)
    2. You would be both the Civilian and military leader of the Klingon Empire so giving mission to you in meaningful way would be problematic at best.
    3. No other faction really has an equivalent to rank/position, UFP the president and Head of Starfleet are different positions, same for the Romulan Republic where the Office of the Proconsul and Head of republic fleet are separate offices. Leader of the Dominion is the Great Link (not a specific Founder but all of them) and no Jem'hadar would take that position from them. So giving the Klingon players the chancellor's seat would mean having to make separate missions for Klingons while running into the second issue I mentioned (not mention this would effectively make Klingons a faction within a faction due other species being ineligible for the Chancellor's seat and thus having to have the separate Chancellor character for them)
    4. Then there's the issue of what to do if a non-Klingon player does the mission (even a KDF player who doesn't play a Klingon) who would become the Chancellor then?

those are just the issues I could remember of the top of my head and there's probably others as well I'm not remembering.

Now I wouldn't mind Klingons ending up the Chancellor but I know it's not practical as long as STO is gonna go on after this story arc.
    Or, put S'taass as Chancellor since he's already everywhere in the galaxy, is reasonable enough when not forced to regurgitate Imperial praise and has been around for quite a while and anyone who disagrees risks getting their head bitten off.

Then, we can have the Year of Gorn and their older canon ships with emphasis on the Gorn Rebellion (remember that one?) in the game at last.
    #TASforSTO
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2021

Us becoming the chancellor will pretty much never happen, way too many story issues with that.

Well I'll go for it and lets see if any NPC can try stop me.

Edit: Actual PvP for the position of Klingon Chancellor might be an actual idea. Any players are limited to generic bat'leth and the use of kits is dishonourable and results in discommendation.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User

That's mostly from the Ten Forward weekly of 9/23/2020 where it's said that Dorn found the devs went too far ("you did him dirty") with Alexander's death:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1257781/ten-forward-weekly-9-23-2020

There is also the fact we went from:
    "Worf isn't in the current story arc due to budget reasons, might come in later"
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1257697/ten-forward-weekly-09-16-2020/p1

"Unlikely they will get Worf back for various reasons"
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1258424/ten-forward-weekly-10-28-20/p1

Considering Dorn's line deliveries and the fact his next appearances in Brushfire, Home and Knowledge is Power are either voiceless or repurposed lines...

Ouch. Thanks for digging those out though :)
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User

Aakar's soul is going to Gre'thor, Gowron's soul is going to replace it.
  • diocletian#7546 diocletian Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    > @saurializard said:
    > Or, put S'taass as Chancellor since he's already everywhere in the galaxy, is reasonable enough when not forced to regurgitate Imperial praise and has been around for quite a while and anyone who disagrees risks getting their head bitten off.
    >
    > Then, we can have the Year of Gorn and their older canon ships with emphasis on the Gorn Rebellion (remember that one?) in the game at last.

Yes! I would like to see that.

Or, at least the Gorn taking advantage of the situation to find a way to gain independence again. Either through force or as a deal with one of the factions in exchange for their support. I could see the Gorn taking advantage of the situation to leverage for their independence in some manner.
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User

Aakar's soul is already IN Gre'thor and J'Ula tried to make a deal with the Fek'lhr to get him out but he chose to remain behind- likely to make his own deal with the Fek'lhr for J'Ula soul and the head office.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
    Aakar's soul is already IN Gre'thor and J'Ula tried to make a deal with the Fek'lhr to get him out but he chose to remain behind- likely to make his own deal with the Fek'lhr for J'Ula soul and the head office.

Nope. Aakar is still alive. You're confusing him for Gowron.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,403 Arc User

That is Gowron not Aakar.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,843 Arc User

SilverShockedHochstettersfrog-size_restricted.gif
    Spock.jpg

I wonder how well that plan will work out, it's still Aakar's body and most Klingons will instantly recognize him as dishonorable petaQ, if they want Gowran back they'll have to clone him a new body.
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,259 Arc User

to be replaced by Weiss, the First Empress of the ORION Empire
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
    nixie50 wrote: »
    to be replaced by Weiss, the First Empress of the ORION Empire

I don't know... Fali the Pirate Queen might have a say in that... ;)

I wonder how well that plan will work out, it's still Aakar's body and most Klingons will instantly recognize him as dishonorable petaQ, if they want Gowran back they'll have to clone him a new body.
    Honestly the way I saw that deal is that Gowron gets to go to Sto-vo-kor while Akaar and J'mpok get to take Gowron's "place" in Grethor (well technically Gowron wasn't bad enough for Grethor but due to Akaar's actions couldn't get to sto-vo-kor either adn thus was stuck in koth). Akaar will end up in grethor no matter what, that was why his soul alone wasn't good enough to set Gowron free from grethor.

Only reason Gowron was in grethor was that he took L'Rell's place there.
  • aboundedorc0#8479 aboundedorc0 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    J'mpok MUST die!!

Honestly the way I saw that deal is that Gowron gets to go to Sto-vo-kor while Akaar and J'mpok get to take Gowron's "place" in Grethor (well technically Gowron wasn't bad enough for Grethor but due to Akaar's actions couldn't get to sto-vo-kor either adn thus was stuck in koth). Akaar will end up in grethor no matter what, that was why his soul alone wasn't good enough to set Gowron free from grethor.

Only reason Gowron was in grethor was that he took L'Rell's place there.

In my opinion Koth seemed like a better option than Grethor, but that might just be the introvert in me talking, I don't understand the need for interaction with other people.
    In my opinion Koth seemed like a better option than Grethor, but that might just be the introvert in me talking, I don't understand the need for interaction with other people.

An eternity alone with absolutely zero interaction of any kind...
    Yea I'd probaly go stir crazy myself, because as we saw... there was NOTHING there. At all. Just... flat. Not even a book or a frickin' STICK!
  • romulan224#0608 romulan224 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    A bit off topic but I was wondering if they have plans to revamp the federation and romulan intro like they did with the Klingons? But I am a bit sadden they turned J'mpok into a mad tyrant. I kinda liked him more then Quinn but not more then D’tan and the founders are alright. I am hoping that this J'mpok Is a undine or changeling and this can end peacefully.
This discussion has been closed.