What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ten Forward Weekly 1/13/21

13»

Comments

• Options
    foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    So to my understanding there was a Ten Forward Weekly livestream yesterday, Jan. 20th, & usually Cryptic/Kael has a recording up on Twitch of it by now for any that missed the livestream?

Was anything said about them not doing that anymore, putting up a recording of the livestream afterwards, or is it just delayed perhaps?

It's what I usually do while STO is down for maintenance in STO's brief absence.
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    So to my understanding there was a Ten Forward Weekly livestream yesterday, Jan. 20th, & usually Cryptic/Kael has a recording up on Twitch of it by now for any that missed the livestream?

Was anything said about them not doing that anymore, putting up a recording of the livestream afterwards, or is it just delayed perhaps?

It's what I usually do while STO is down for maintenance in STO's brief absence.

I think he deleted the Twitch VOD due to a moment where he accidentally showed the new loading screen, which revealed a new feature that has been hinted at but not announced yet. He uploaded the livestream to YouTube with the leak edited out:
    https://youtu.be/vO6xDOVg7Xo
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User

I think he deleted the Twitch VOD due to a moment where he accidentally showed the new loading screen, which revealed a new feature that has been hinted at but not announced yet. He uploaded the livestream to YouTube with the leak edited out:
    https://youtu.be/vO6xDOVg7Xo

Thanks, yeah, I was able to view it on YouTube, it was easy to find. I was a bit more impressed than I thought I'd be with the ship for it being a raider after watching it. I didn't think it was needed but the updated Grethor looked good.
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    And yes, the new feature is something Kael and Andre hinted at in a recent Priority One Podcast interview. Think the Titan.... but more.
    A larger version of the Titan?
  • Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    LOL, no... Not a larger version of the Titan...

:wink:
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    protoneous wrote: »
    And yes, the new feature is something Kael and Andre hinted at in a recent Priority One Podcast interview. Think the Titan.... but more.

No... what started with the Titan will expand to encompass every ship. We already knew it was coming, so the whole thing is ridiculous.
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    protoneous wrote: »

No... what started with the Titan will expand to encompass every ship. We already knew it was coming, so the whole thing is ridiculous.

That was humor. We did get a larger version of what started with the Titan :smile:
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    reyan01 wrote: »
    - Mike hopes sometime people would stop immediately hating new things.
    - "Nostalgia isn't wrong."

I feel this is somewhat contradictory.

It isn't actually. Back when Enterprise first aired, people HATED it. They wanted to kill it with fire. The same kind of hate that Discovery got. And yet... now people look back at Enterprise and say it was alright.
    Its actually quite common for Trek shows to get hate, then years later be looked back on and liked. The Biggest difference though, is just how visible the hate was.
    • TNG was hated at first. Got lots of hate mail. Now its liked.
    • DS9 was hated at first. Got lots of hate mail because it wasn't on a ship. Now its viewed as one of the best.
    • VOY was hated at first. still kinda hated now because there were too many writers doing their own things.
    • ENT was hated at first for being too "advanced" compared to TOS. Now people are liking it.

Even the Kelvin Timeline, which many people wanted to burn in the deepest, hottest pits of hell for "destroying everything that came before it" is now viewed more positively.

There was a lot of schlock when it came to TV reboots by the time TNG came along, which was a major reason people were wary the show when it came out (former cast members of TOS was wary of it as well). I respected Picard with the episode where Risa was introduced, when he got to show he can do more than just ordering people to 'Make it so.'

DS9 improved with the introduction of the Defiant.

I liked Voyager, but was too dependent on the Khazon early on, they should have moved on after the first season.

I liked Enterprise, except for the 'antibody lather' room. I watched the introductory documentary for the show, where they showed off the Phase Pistols. Hats off for making the sets look like they were based on the NASA space shuttle controls.

Kelvin Timeline: I'm glad that it fizzled out.

Discovery is a rollercoaster of TV series. I don't hate it, but I don't love it neither.

Reality is people don't agree with what they like or don't like with new series. But when it came to reintroducing Star Trek to TV, they shouldn't have put it behind a paywall/CBS All Access. Then there was the airing it whenever Orville was scheduled which gave ST:D a sour taste for those who loved the Orville but still wanted to see new Star Trek content.
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    I hope that if there was a T6 Oberth called the U.S.S. Fatum, I hope the T6 Nova called the U.S.S. Reyan.
This discussion has been closed.