test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Winter Event 2020

starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,211 Arc User
It's here....

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11479533-q's-winter-wonderland!
New Fek'Ihri Gok'tad Carrier [T6]!
and a Saint Bernard too. Bring on the goodies

Happy Holidays!
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    you had to make ANOTHER post, rather than updating the only you already have active?

geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez
  • Options
    mikewallace#2209 mikewallace Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    The DOG looks good the ship will pass.

• Options
    bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User

Guess they are running out of new shinnies.

Events:
    Fastest Game on Ice
    Klingon Ice Fishing
    Tides of Ice
    The Fast and the Flurrious
    Cones of Conduct
    The Kramp’Ihri

Copy and paste again? oh well. I wasn't expecting much anyways.

Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • Options
    storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    No new events...uhmm.
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • Options
    pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,178 Arc User
    Its good to see another Carrier but will the broken Advanced and Elite Lost Souls get fixed?

The more we upgrade them the worse they perform. Everything is back to front with Basic being the best, advanced being the middle and Elite the worst.

I wonder will we see Squadron versions of Lost Souls and will they have the same bug as single Lost Souls?
  • Options
    Don't you want an Epohh Friend?

No I DO NOT. Please make her STOP!
  • Options

If not for the dog or the cool chair this would be a "meh" event. Really they need some event updating. Winter and Summer events were designed long ways ago and nothing new has been added for a number of years already.
  • Options
    oliverrogerr#5018 oliverrogerr Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    now all I need is for the Fek'Ihri race to be released in the KDF.
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Are we supposed to find the dog and get a badge? Are we supposed to buy one from the Winter Event store?

If we get the St. Bernard dog from the Winter Event store, does it turn into a toy plush dog outside of Winter Event?
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    storules wrote: »
    No new events...uhmm.

That reminds me....

STO, can we get a revamp or at least new events next year?

Pretty please with a cherry on top?
  • Options
    eladonwarps#6040 eladonwarps Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    Rainbow winter gear looks cool, but I lost it at the St. Bernard with the barrel. Is that a reference to a famous Vaccine carrying dog? In Winter 2020? If so, very cheeky, I love it!
    Call me "El," she/her only. I love my wife and I don't care who knows it!
  • Options
    daimon97daimon97 Member Posts: 368 Arc User
    The ship looks meh for my taste, and I doubt the trait would be worth it, yet its a free ship and the winter event will be a pleasant change
  • Options
    snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    yay
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,395 Arc User
    Adorable and helpful, this St. Bernard has come to Q's Winter Wonderland to keep you out of trouble. You can find him with the Federation or Klingon Empire logo on his tiny little barrel.
    Romulans and Jem'Hadar:
    vlcsnap-2020-12-01-16h41m35s545.png?raw=1
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    Is it too much to ask that someone at Cryptic run Spellcheck on a post before you post it?
    Other than that, I'm looking forward to this event.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    I'm looking forward to cooking with Neelix.
    Post edited by snowwolf#0563 on
  • Options
    The dread ship is not that bad either. Console looks great to me.
  • Options
    bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    The dread ship is not that bad either. Console looks great to me.

Not bad at all....hope it does not get nerfed before the event ends.
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • Options
    bcstarbcstar Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    I am very excited for this event but question, do we just do one daily for certificates to buy the T6 Ship? or is it a number of daily's to get done? I think I tried last year to do the winter event but got pulled out early to another game.... ugh!!! So this time around I am really looking forward to it! plus its a Carrier one of the few types of ships I have. Woo!
    klingon%2Bbird%2Bof%2Bprey.jpg

"bortaS bIr jablu'DI' reH QaQqu' nay'"

Revenge is a Dish, Best Served Cold ~ Khan Noonien Singh
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,721 Community Moderator
    Hey folks, just a heads up, I have deleted the offending material that was in here prior and derailing the conversation. Since a large number of posts disappeared I didn't want anyone to freak out thinking they broke the forums. Carry on folks.

As for the sweaters, I hope we get more styles than just that and wouldn't mind seeing the option of other bits of rainbow type gear. As an RP type element for one of my toons I would love to see a rainbow wrist band of sorts.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    Hey folks, just a heads up, I have deleted the offending material that was in here prior and derailing the conversation. Since a large number of posts disappeared I didn't want anyone to freak out thinking they broke the forums. Carry on folks.

As for the sweaters, I hope we get more styles than just that and wouldn't mind seeing the option of other bits of rainbow type gear. As an RP type element for one of my toons I would love to see a rainbow wrist band of sorts.

Sorry about the mess!
  • Options
    thashayerthashayer Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    This years Carrier...
    Fek'Ihri Gok'tad Carrier [T6]
    The Fek'Ihri have returned to the galaxy in force with brand new ships over the past few years, but now they return to a classic design. The Gok'Tad takes the lessons these Klingon demons learned from the Kar'fi, and apply it to a fearsome new ship class.
    The Fek'Ihri Gok'tad Carrier features a Lt. Commander Tactical/Command Seat, and a Commander Science seat.

Ship Details
    Tier: 6
    Faction: Any
    Required Rank: Complete the Tutorial
    Hull Modifier: 1.265
    Shield Modifier: 1.32
    Fore Weapons: 4
    Aft Weapons: 3
    Device Slots: 3
    Bridge Officer Stations: Commander Science, Ensign Science, Lieutenant Commander Tactical/Command, Lieutenant Engineering, Lieutenant Commander Universal
    Consoles: 4 Tactical, 3 Engineering, 4 Science
    Base Turn Rate: 8
    Impulse Modifier: .15
    Inertia: 25
    +10 Weapons Power, +10 Auxiliary Power
    Console - Universal - Fiery Charge
    2 Hangar Bays, equipped with Souls of Gre'thor
    Can use dual cannons
    Starship Mastery Package (Carrier)
    Quick Deployment (+Hangar Launch Recharge Speed)
    Armored Hull (+Max Hull Capacity)
    Reactive Shield Technology (+Shield Regen/Hardness)
    Advanced Shield Systems (+Max Shield Capacity)
    Gre'thor's Fire(Starship Trait

Last years Carrier...
    Fek'Ihri Fe’rang Dreadnought Carrier [T6]
    The Fek'Ihri Dreadnought Carrier is a terrifying Fek’Ihri vessel. In addition to its intimidating size, the fearsome maw that sits atop it, and the blasts of fire that it emits, it ferries with it the lost souls of Gre’thor to cause torment and wreak havoc.
    The Fek’Ihri Fe’rang features a Lieutenant Commander Science/Miracle Worker Specialization seat.

Ship Details:
    Hull Modifier: 1.4
    Shield Modifier: 1.05
    Bridge Officer Stations: Ensign Tactical, Commander Tactical, Lieutenant Commander Engineering, Lieutenant Commander Science/Miracle Worker, Lieutenant Universal
    Consoles: 5 Tactical, 4 Engineering, 2 Science (scales with level)
    Base Turn Rate: 5
    Impulse Modifier: .14
    Inertia: 30
    +10 Weapons Power, +5 Shield Power, +5 Auxiliary Power
    Console - Universal - Open the Maw of Gre’thor
    2 Hangar Bays, equipped with Lost Souls of Gre'thor
    Enhanced Hull Plating (+Energy Damage Resistance Rating)
    Fiery Entrance (Starship Trait)

Not much difference between the 2 overall. I would've hoped for something new instead of a rework of last years offering.
    Noticed many comments along the same lines about the events as well. I know this year has been hard for everyone but come on guys, effort. Those of us who've been here from the beginning know you got it.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,050 Community Moderator
    They may have already planned on making a T6 catfish.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    thashayer wrote: »
    This years Carrier...
    Fek'Ihri Gok'tad Carrier [T6]
    The Fek'Ihri have returned to the galaxy in force with brand new ships over the past few years, but now they return to a classic design. The Gok'Tad takes the lessons these Klingon demons learned from the Kar'fi, and apply it to a fearsome new ship class.
    The Fek'Ihri Gok'tad Carrier features a Lt. Commander Tactical/Command Seat, and a Commander Science seat.

Ship Details
    Hull Modifier: 1.265
    Shield Modifier: 1.32
    Bridge Officer Stations: Commander Science, Ensign Science, Lieutenant Commander Tactical/Command, Lieutenant Engineering, Lieutenant Commander Universal
    Consoles: 4 Tactical, 3 Engineering, 4 Science
    Base Turn Rate: 8
    Impulse Modifier: .15
    Inertia: 25
    +10 Weapons Power, +10 Auxiliary Power
    Console - Universal - Fiery Charge
    2 Hangar Bays, equipped with Souls of Gre'thor
    Can use dual cannons
    Reactive Shield Technology (+Shield Regen/Hardness)
    Gre'thor's Fire(Starship Trait

Last years Carrier...
    Fek'Ihri Fe’rang Dreadnought Carrier [T6]
    The Fek'Ihri Dreadnought Carrier is a terrifying Fek’Ihri vessel. In addition to its intimidating size, the fearsome maw that sits atop it, and the blasts of fire that it emits, it ferries with it the lost souls of Gre’thor to cause torment and wreak havoc.
    The Fek’Ihri Fe’rang features a Lieutenant Commander Science/Miracle Worker Specialization seat.

Ship Details:
    Hull Modifier: 1.4
    Shield Modifier: 1.05
    Bridge Officer Stations: Ensign Tactical, Commander Tactical, Lieutenant Commander Engineering, Lieutenant Commander Science/Miracle Worker, Lieutenant Universal
    Consoles: 5 Tactical, 4 Engineering, 2 Science (scales with level)
    Base Turn Rate: 5
    Impulse Modifier: .14
    Inertia: 30
    +10 Weapons Power, +5 Shield Power, +5 Auxiliary Power
    Console - Universal - Open the Maw of Gre’thor
    2 Hangar Bays, equipped with Lost Souls of Gre'thor
    Enhanced Hull Plating (+Energy Damage Resistance Rating)
    Fiery Entrance (Starship Trait)

Not much difference between the 2 overall. I would've hoped for something new instead of a rework of last years offering.
    Noticed many comments along the same lines about the events as well. I know this year has been hard for everyone but come on guys, effort. Those of us who've been here from the beginning know you got it.

Miracle Worker and Command have different abilities and thus they perform differently in my opinion. Plus Commander Science vs, Commander Tactical gives the ships abilities to do different abilities like Gravity Well 3 for Science or Attack Pattern: Omega 3 for Tactical. The latter buffs a bit of stuff like energy damage and damage resistance.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,540 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    Beside the differences in seating and role, the catfish and the Fe'rang have such different handling that they are quite different to fly. The Fe'rang handles a lot like the D'Deridex or Vo'Quv while the Kar-fi handles more like the Orion Blackguard or the Chronos. The Gok'tad version of the catfish has the same handling stats as the Kar-fi so it should perform the same unless they messed something up in the backend somewhere.

I am definitely looking forward to the new T6 catfish.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    > @duasyn said:
    > Is it too much to ask that someone at Cryptic run Spellcheck on a post before you post it?
    > Other than that, I'm looking forward to this event.
    Since every Announcement Blog has an error, and these have been pointed out each time, it is clear this is deliberate. Even Pavlov's dogs could learn.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    I'm not really looking to the ship...looks UGLY but the trait and console too good to pass...plus you get a new admiralty card. :D
This discussion has been closed.