test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ten Forward weekly 11/11/20

somtaawkharsomtaawkhar Member Posts: 10,222 Arc User
Taken from Reddit since I am too tired to do it myself today
https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/jsmyz1/ten_forward_weekly_11112020_legendary_walker/
  • Romulan bundle was a success as many people used it, so Cryptic decided to do it for DIS.
  • To specify: they talked about people using the romulan captain boost.
  • They also wanted to make the 2411 Shenzou, which was kinda of hero ship, even is for short time, and old T4 weren't fitting for it.
  • Due to some internal miscommunication ship's lore backstory was thrown together by Mike relatively last second.
  • Thomas learned his basics while modding the Homeworld and Jeremy while modding the Neverwinter Nights.
  • From design standpoint Shenzou and Sheppard is basically same design upside-down.
  • Thomas argued that kitbashing is actually pretty realistic way to design things, even though he don't like the word itself.
  • Because of that he deliberately decided to reuse some details from Gagarin.
  • They don't plan to change the bundle, but upon seeing unexpected (for them) interest in holoboffs it's likely they will make some alternative way of distributing those boffs.
  • Ground loadouts are technically troubling for now and aren't in foreseeable future.
  • Original Walker's console is emergency escape ability.
  • Klingon legendary bundle would likely come when Year of Klingon is close to end so that player who starts new KDF character can experience whole KDF content reworked.
  • Warp-out and beaming animations were initially hard-wired to be one per faction and warps had to have same sounds, so while they want to make them dependent on ship or even fully customizable, they weren't able to for now.
  • Cryptic team wishes they could do hilarious useless items, particular Lower Decks ones, but they can't do things just for the art.

*additions*
  • Kael mentions about the Romulan bundle that they expected people to level up/boost a Romulan, play a little bit, then go back to what they were previously doing. Instead a fairly overwhelming number of people who bought the bundle were playing their Romulans for hours and hours more then they originally thought they would.
  • The Discovery pack was done not only because of the success of the Romulan bundle, but also because they wanted a place to feature a Legendary Discovery era ship.
  • Walker was chosen because the T6 version was Lobi, Thomas wanted to do a 2411 era Walker(which wasn't done last time because the lower tier version was a T1-4 scaling ship, and that didn't fit making it a 2411 ship), the ship anchored the first episodes of Discovery.
  • The current plan is to not turn every ship into a legendary ship.
  • Some criteria for determining a legendary: Did it anchor a show/movie/episode? Does it have a lot of variants people would like to get in one place?(As opposed to many of the other random Discovery Fed ships for example)
  • Thomas mentions the Ships of the Line bundles are for new people/highlight the model updates. They don't expect people who already own the ships to buy these bundles.
  • Asked about a hypothetical Jem'Hadar flagship. Jeremy jokes about "The Great Link in space" shoot Changelings at other ships. Thomas mentions the Vanguard Carrier from ViL already feels like the Odyssey and Bortasqu as a flagship.
  • Winter ship is "awesome" but not surprising if you have followed the pattern the last few years.
  • An added note on things like customizeable warp/beam up animations, and vanity weapons, Jeremy said they aren't sure if the time it would take to make it is worth the time it would take to make it.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    Another thing that Somtaawkhar didn't post was that they addressed this constant "Why isn't there any Klingon ships in the year of Klingon?" moaning that people tend to do.

What they said was what was essentially intended, the year of klingon is meant for mostly revamping Klingon content while also giving a new Klingon centric storyline. As far as why no new Klingon ships, it boils down to the fact that they don't sell as well as Federation ships do.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    Another thing that Somtaawkhar didn't post was that they addressed this constant "Why isn't there any Klingon ships in the year of Klingon?" moaning that people tend to do.

What they said was what was essentially intended, the year of klingon is meant for mostly revamping Klingon content while also giving a new Klingon centric storyline. As far as why no new Klingon ships, it boils down to the fact that they don't sell as well as Federation ships do.

Yes, and how could they even determine that? By re-selling Old Ships? Can you have correct sales data with that? Only new ship for KDF was the T6 Vo'Quv of the support carrier bundle. And I dont mean in YoK but the entire 2020 year. When they dont release new things how can they have sales just by having up the old ships most of us have bought. Same arguement is used for other things like bridges(no new one in ages and old ones are mostly bugged which is a "good" sales pitch) and ships people been asking for years.
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,789 Arc User
    Klingon legendary bundle would likely come when Year of Klingon is close to end so that player who starts new KDF character can experience whole KDF content reworked.

I guess this makes sense. On the other hand, if the Legendary bundle is going to include an instant-level token, players might still not see all the new and reworked content.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    Klingon legendary bundle would likely come when Year of Klingon is close to end so that player who starts new KDF character can experience whole KDF content reworked.

I guess this makes sense. On the other hand, if the Legendary bundle is going to include an instant-level token, players might still not see all the new and reworked content.

And they wouldn't lose anything more than some revamped assets and butchered episodes, so no loss there. At all.
    "KDF content reworked"... what a joke.
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    Man I'm such a slow learner. :(

I saw the title and knew I should not klick it. I klicked it. Then I saw the wall of text and knew I should not read it. I read it.

Hard to find so many words providing so few information anywhere. Its outstanding this week, even for ten forward standards.

At least I have learned not to watch the streams myself. I guess there is hope.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    "Romulan bundle was a success as many people used it, so Cryptic decided to do it for DIS."
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rNhTcq4Iqk&ab_channel=OurWoRLd319
    81iooek1yyb11.jpg​​
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • Options
    They also never said: "Romulan bundle was a success as many people used it"

tenor.gif?itemid=18378459​​
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
  • Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Here's the thing. If we take them at their word that the Rom bundle was a success, and with Rom characters in fact, then it is reasonable to assume "if you build it they will come." In other words, if they actually made a KDF legendary anything, its reasonable to assume people would buy it and play it.
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    You forgot to mention that Thomas is team Oberth, but is not in the priority list...
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    lordmerc22 wrote: »
    Yes, and how could they even determine that? By re-selling Old Ships? Can you have correct sales data with that? Only new ship for KDF was the T6 Vo'Quv of the support carrier bundle. And I dont mean in YoK but the entire 2020 year. When they dont release new things how can they have sales just by having up the old ships most of us have bought. Same arguement is used for other things like bridges(no new one in ages and old ones are mostly bugged which is a "good" sales pitch) and ships people been asking for years.
    You act like they don't have a decade's worth of Klingon ship sales to look at.

The same thing with bridges. They have sales data from back when they made bridge packs, they have sales data from when they made unique bridges from ships.

Like... do you know how sales data is collected? Do you think they just started collecting data yesterday?

The according to your thinking, if they want to see what sells for Federation too, they just have to looks their 2015 sales for example - why look for new data when you got smelly old data from a decade behind?
  • Options
    Somtaawkhar thinks? Could have fooled me.​​
  • Options
    foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    Just viewed the 1 hour 1minute 20 second 10FW & enjoyed it.

There weren't a lot of valuable insights or epiphanies but it did contain pertinent information & was entertaining.

But I do usually enjoy the bantering between: Mike, Jeremy, & Thomas.

Key-points I remembered are: The easiest thing to remember about this bundle is ONLY the ship is account-wide, & even then it is Fed. I just don't see this Legend version being far superior to the Lobi version for the price.

The 6 Holo BOFFs are for only the DSC toon used to unlock the Boost pack, BUT Jeremy stated if proven really popular they might grant access to them by another method in the future. That translates to mean, "buy this exclusive to show your support so we might do something more inclusive," which means they probably won't lol.

The game Homeworld STILL IS a great game & Thomas supports you handful of Oberth players out there. Whereas Mike's description was a frisbee on a canoe.

I was a bit shocked no one mentioned or asked, that I saw, about Cryptic including a free character slot with these bundles that include the character level 65 boosts. It is probably just me but I'm no longer creating characters nor will buy more slots till Cryptic re-runs some recruitment events, but as I've stated, perhaps Cryptic will include some sort of recruitment token in a future bundle to monetize that opportunity.

The brief discussion about vanity items was interesting & Jeremy made a good point about cost versus resource of creating ratio. For weapons, just allow easier access to the already various themed weapons. The whole gamble within a gamble for Weapon Packs is pathetic. Make weapon creates like the Qulash weapon crate &/or add the varios themed weapons, that aren't Reputation or Fleet, to the Dilithium Store. If a player has a Voth ship it comes with Voth themed AP weapons that cannot be upgraded, that's fine, but allow that to unlock Voth AP weapons in the Dilithium store & so on & so on for other themed weapons.

Those 3 not realizing there was a Secondary Deflector slot on that Legend Walker during all that time was hilarious, spoiler alert, there's not suppose to be one so already or in near future there won't be. The short discussion about the battlecruiser to an exploration cruiser though was interesting.

• Options
    edited November 2020
    Just viewed the 1 hour 1minute 20 second 10FW & enjoyed it.

There weren't a lot of valuable insights or epiphanies but it did contain pertinent information & was entertaining.

But I do usually enjoy the bantering between: Mike, Jeremy, & Thomas.

Key-points I remembered are: The easiest thing to remember about this bundle is ONLY the ship is account-wide, & even then it is Fed. I just don't see this Legend version being far superior to the Lobi version for the price.

The 6 Holo BOFFs are for only the DSC toon used to unlock the Boost pack, BUT Jeremy stated if proven really popular they might grant access to them by another method in the future. That translates to mean, "buy this exclusive to show your support so we might do something more inclusive," which means they probably won't lol.

The game Homeworld STILL IS a great game & Thomas supports you handful of Oberth players out there. Whereas Mike's description was a frisbee on a canoe.

I was a bit shocked no one mentioned or asked, that I saw, about Cryptic including a free character slot with these bundles that include the character level 65 boosts. It is probably just me but I'm no longer creating characters nor will buy more slots till Cryptic re-runs some recruitment events, but as I've stated, perhaps Cryptic will include some sort of recruitment token in a future bundle to monetize that opportunity.

The brief discussion about vanity items was interesting & Jeremy made a good point about cost versus resource of creating ratio. For weapons, just allow easier access to the already various themed weapons. The whole gamble within a gamble for Weapon Packs is pathetic. Make weapon creates like the Qulash weapon crate &/or add the varios themed weapons, that aren't Reputation or Fleet, to the Dilithium Store. If a player has a Voth ship it comes with Voth themed AP weapons that cannot be upgraded, that's fine, but allow that to unlock Voth AP weapons in the Dilithium store & so on & so on for other themed weapons.

Those 3 not realizing there was a Secondary Deflector slot on that Legend Walker during all that time was hilarious, spoiler alert, there's not suppose to be one so already or in near future there won't be. The short discussion about the battlecruiser to an exploration cruiser though was interesting.

Well, i like the ship, and been available to the account kinda means a lot.. also, the description of the Oberth is spot on.. i would like a t6 anyway.. :lol:
  • Options
    gaevsman wrote: »
    Well, i like the ship, and been available to the account kinda means a lot.. also, the description of the Oberth is spot on.. i would like a t6 anyway.. :lol:
    T6 Nova, Oberth, and Olympic triple pack.

The weird science pack! :lol:
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    The brief discussion about vanity items was interesting & Jeremy made a good point about cost versus resource of creating ratio. For weapons, just allow easier access to the already various themed weapons. The whole gamble within a gamble for Weapon Packs is pathetic.

I think most of the desire for vanity weapons comes down to the restrictions and lack of availability associated with omni-directional beam arrays. Lockbox weapon types don't have access to a second mission-reward omni (some don't even have a normal omni), and while the kinetic cutting beam can fill in as an additional omni it also doesn't match any other weapon visuals. Making an additional, weaker omni of these types to fill the "mission-reward" omni slot would be an easy fix, and if they removed the unique equip restriction from the weaker versions (or just changed the weaker ones from only 1 of to only 2 of) then the Kinetic Cutting Beam wouldn't be an issue anymore either as far as vanity weapons are concerned.

Aside from the omni issues there's also the less common issue of weapon effects that are only available on a single unique-equipped weapon, like the Quantum Phase beam array. These weapons have two issues, first that if you want to use them you must accept that they will never be a perfect match visually for your other weapons, and second that it's impossible to have a ship that only uses those weapon animations if you like them. Most of these are mission rewards, so making weapons with these styles craftable would be an easy fix.

The last area where vanity weapons might see some desire is people either wanting to have a certain and not liking the animation it comes with, or liking an animation but hating the proc. While these are certainly valid opinions, there's really no easy way to address this without vanity weapons, which are unlikely to be a thing due to the work involved.

TLDR, imo almost all of the requests for vanity weapon slots would disappear if Cryptic filled in the missing weapon options.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User
    edited November 2020

And they wouldn't lose anything more than some revamped assets and butchered episodes, so no loss there. At all.

It is a little less onerous and more polished than it used to be though (and it is still a bit too Klingon-oriented for what amounts to a four-race conglomerate empire for my taste, but that is another subject). I used to hate the low-level slog KDF captains had to go through, it was even worse than the pre-streamlining Fed stuff. I just hope they do not butcher the arcs by doing the same things they did to the Fed and Romulan storylines by removing key iconic arcs and putting them into the "available" tab (or just removed them altogether which some of the "still working on" ones seem to be headed towards).
  • Options
    darknovasc01darknovasc01 Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    The last area where vanity weapons might see some desire is people either wanting to have a certain and not liking the animation it comes with, or liking an animation but hating the proc. While these are certainly valid opinions, there's really no easy way to address this without vanity weapons, which are unlikely to be a thing due to the work involved.

TLDR, imo almost all of the requests for vanity weapon slots would disappear if Cryptic filled in the missing weapon options.

You are making me feel nostalgic for all the time I spent as a Shipwright in SWG, re-engineering looted weapons - combine 1 to 10 looted weapons depending on level to give a single weapon with the best stats from all of the individual weapons combined, with the first weapon added determining both the visual appearance of the weapon on your ship and more importantly the effect used when it fired.

All those L8 Borstel's I went through, happy days :)
  • Options
    [I just hope they do not butcher the arcs by doing the same things they did to the Fed and Romulan storylines by removing key iconic arcs and putting them into the "available" tab
    The Romulans haven't had any mission arcs changes.

And all of the arcs moved into the available tab were cross faction arcs, not Fed arcs.

That is true for the Romulans for the most part, since Wastelands is still in the main arc for them. I probably should have phrased it differently since they did apparently did put everything back they took out for polishing for them so the majority of the change problems are messed up audio (like both versions playing at once) and a few new rough edges on the flow.

The last few Romulans I made weren't exactly Romulan (faux-Vorta and whatnot) as such so I did not go through many of the missions past the faction choice so I did not notice the scenarios were put back in (I half expected the Installation 18 mission to be hanging off on its own in one of the other arcs for instance).

As for the available tab missions being cross-faction, that is irrelevant since virtually everything new has been "cross faction" regardless of which faction/subfaction it was introduced for. The only exceptions have been the starter scenarios for DSC and ViL where it would not make sense for any other faction even as a "holodeck simulation".

In the case of the Spectres arc that focus was on the AoY subfaction (and helped it feel that the subfaction was not just a bait-and-switch) and the Kobali battlezone arc was part of the Delta expansion for which there is no particular faction at all.

As far as I know of the only AoY focused content in the missions tab left in the "modern" part of the game is one rather generic arc with Daniel that only very briefly touches on the 23rd century, the K13 half-mission in New Frontiers and one very rarely done TFO hampered by unpopular mechanics. The rest of the time travel stuff has more to do with TNG and ENT.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    In the case of the Spectres arc that focus was on the AoY subfaction (and helped it feel that the subfaction was not just a bait-and-switch) and the Kobali battlezone arc was part of the Delta expansion for which there is no particular faction at all.
    Except Spectres had nothing to do with AoY, or AoY characters. Spectres came out in 2010. AoY came out in 2016.

Also, that isn't what the term bait and switch means(I'll add that to the catalog of words you don't understand) Bait and switch requires advertising one product, then claim you don't have that, and instead offer a different, more expensive, product in its place.
    As far as I know of the only AoY focused content in the missions tab left in the "modern" part of the game is one rather generic arc with Daniel that only very briefly touches on the 23rd century, the K13 half-mission in New Frontiers and one very rarely done TFO hampered by unpopular mechanics. The rest of the time travel stuff has more to do with TNG and ENT.
    Agents of Yesterday was always a combined ENT/TOS expansion from the get go. Hence why the narrative of even the TOS era starter missions includes the Na'khul, and the Temporal Cold War, both of which are from ENT.

Again with the definition nonsense? If you cannot see how the term bait and switch could apply (and no I am not saying that that is what STO actually did) that is your problem and I know by now how useless it is to try and explain it to you.

I didn't start playing STO until 2016 (I just barely missed the actual AoY recruitment event) so I didn't know Spectres was from before that, but even then it does not matter when it came out since it did function as I described, as a great way to touch base with TOS in midgame for TOS characters generated via the AoY generator and had stronger ties with and a longer focus on TOS than any of the other post-starter stuff. And yes, having Daniels and the Na'khul in AoY makes the ENT connection obvious but it is a good connection in this case. I do not expect you to understand though so think what you want about it.

Furthermore, it is still true that the rest of the time travel episodes in STO have more to do with TNG and ENT than they do with TOS , which is something TOS fans are all too familiar with having been looked down on for so long as "crazy trekkies stuck in the psychedelic 60s" or whatever. Star Trek is still the only show that has anywhere near the degree that weird phenomenon of literary self-loathing that the TOS contempt displayed by many (though far from all) fans of the various later series is. There have been a lot of psychological and sociological papers written about that by the way.
  • Options
    jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    edited November 2020

It is a little less onerous and more polished than it used to be though (and it is still a bit too Klingon-oriented for what amounts to a four-race conglomerate empire for my taste, but that is another subject). I used to hate the low-level slog KDF captains had to go through, it was even worse than the pre-streamlining Fed stuff. I just hope they do not butcher the arcs by doing the same things they did to the Fed and Romulan storylines by removing key iconic arcs and putting them into the "available" tab (or just removed them altogether which some of the "still working on" ones seem to be headed towards).

It's not enough, because it basically amounts to nothing. A reskin here, a voice over there, a texture on this side and some scenery on the other... please. It's nothing but breadcrumbs.
    And yes, of course it's Klingon-oriented. It's the *Klingon* Empire. Other races may be part of it, but they're not the "main player" - of course, with how this new "storyline" (and I use the term loosely) is progressing, there won't be much of an Empire soon enough.

I have a character for each playable Klingon race. I do not feel dimished in the slightest because my Orion is not cathered to because of her race. What I do feel dimished by is being treated as a Federation lapdog when I play any cross-faction episode.

I stand by statement: "KDF content reworked"... what a joke.
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • Options
    Again with the definition nonsense? If you cannot see how the term bait and switch could apply (and no I am not saying that that is what STO actually did) that is your problem and I know by now how useless it is to try and explain it to you.
    Again with blatantly misusing words? If you can't see how the term bait and switch doesn't apply(and there would be no purpose in using the term if you weren't implying thats what STO did) that is your problem, and I know by now how useless it is to try to explain it to you.

As I said, it is useless to try and disabuse you of your weirdly narrow ideas about any word or phrase you take exception to, so you are on your own on this one.
    I didn't start playing STO until 2016 (I just barely missed the actual AoY recruitment event) so I didn't know Spectres was from before that,
    Could have spent 2 minutes to wiki it.

Could have, sure, but it was not actually pertinent to the point so I didn't.
    but even then it does not matter when it came out since it did function as I described, as a great way to touch base with TOS in midgame for TOS characters generated via the AoY generator and had stronger ties with and a longer focus on TOS than any of the other post-starter stuff. And yes, having Daniels and the Na'khul in AoY makes the ENT connection obvious but it is a good connection in this case. I do not expect you to understand though so think what you want about it.
    It does matter, entirely. Complaining about them chopping out part of AoY when it was never part of AoY is a nonsense argument.

Not nonsense at all, since it functioned in the capacity I described even if it did predate AoY.
    Furthermore, it is still true that the rest of the time travel episodes in STO have more to do with TNG and ENT than they do with TOS , which is something TOS fans are all too familiar with having been looked down on for so long as "crazy trekkies stuck in the psychedelic 60s" or whatever. Star Trek is still the only show that has anywhere near the degree that weird phenomenon of literary self-loathing that the TOS contempt displayed by many (though far from all) fans of the various later series is. There have been a lot of psychological and sociological papers written about that by the way.
    Stop with the made up victimization conspiracy. No one loathes TOS, nor is not making everything in the TOS style, even things near TOS, some sort of assault on TOS.

No "conspiracy", the phenomenon exists and as I said there have even been scholarly papers written about it. I would provide a link to some of them but they tend to be behind paywalls and my subscription to the ones I used in college have long run out.

Are you really trying to say that you have never been in forums and boards where people have been dumping on TOS? I find that rather hard to believe considering there is some of that here even with the tight moderation this forum has. Just say anything good about TOS or bad about DSC and the fur starts flying (though to be fair it has toned down considerably in this forum of late and can generally be discussed civilly here).

This discussion has been closed.