test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Secret star base??

I remember finishing a mission once and then stumbled into a “hidden” star base..........it was a lot of partying and a bit more adult themed than normal content.

Did I imagine that??? 😂 I can’t find where it was!!
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    > @jjotterbear#7583 said:
    > I think you may have imagined that. But I like the idea, a starbase where federation officers can go to shirk protocol and go wild lol
    Loom

No it really existed. I just can’t remember where 😂😂
  • Options
    husanakxhusanakx Member Posts: 1,593 Arc User
    I remember finishing a mission once and then stumbled into a “hidden” star base..........it was a lot of partying and a bit more adult themed than normal content.

Do you mean the Captians table ? The lifetime / 400 day vet area.... I am not even sure if its still in the game.
  • Options
    husanakx wrote: »

Do you mean the Captians table ? The lifetime / 400 day vet area.... I am not even sure if its still in the game.

No, this wasn't 'serious'. It was flirty bartenders, swingers..............kinda odd............I'm serious! IT WAS THERE :D
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,471 Arc User
    Was that on Nimbus III, the planet of Galactic Peace?
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    Maybe Drozana's trying to reclaim its title of "resident Red Light District" of STO.

Captain's Table still exists. Problem is there's no real reason to go there since ESD/Qo'nos/New Romulus has everything you could ask for, except peace and quiet.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    From the sound of it, Hassan's night club on Nimbus III. I can't recall any other place having such environment. Unless it was players RP-ing in such manner, in which case it's probably Drozana station, though that one is far from being hidden.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Maybe Drozana's trying to reclaim its title of "resident Red Light District" of STO.

Captain's Table still exists. Problem is there's no real reason to go there since ESD/Qo'nos/New Romulus has everything you could ask for, except peace and quiet.

ESD is the only one that has a lot of obnoxious zone chat (or at least year round anyway), New Romulus is fairly quiet and Qo'nos is usually quiet as a tomb chat wise.
  • Options
    No, this was NPCs............it was literally like a swingers club of a space station.

I remember cuz I’m a little on the prudish side and thought it was pretty crazy lol. Man somebody HAS to remember it lol. It was all kinds of other comedy stuff too. Man, wish I could figure it out.
  • Options
    No, this was NPCs............it was literally like a swingers club of a space station.

Either Club 47 on ESD, or Drozana.
    Is there ANY detail you can tell us that can help ID this place? Did it look like clean Federation tech or really run down?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options

Either Club 47 on ESD, or Drozana.
    Is there ANY detail you can tell us that can help ID this place? Did it look like clean Federation tech or really run down?

LOL I'm trying..................I finished a later-in-the-game mission about a year and a half ago. I think it was a tzenkethi or gamma quadrant mission. When I finished, I was in sector space and there was an option to go to a base I hadn't seen before. When I got there, there was nothing "useful" in the game........nothing you could "do" or buy.....but definitely federation, nice federation. All the NPCs were making sex jokes. Could it have been for a special ocassion?
  • Options
    reyan01 wrote: »
    You mean this one?
    jYB3xdX.jpg

I don't remember what the outside looked like. What is that?
  • Options
    davidjamesearl#7201 davidjamesearl Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    FIGURED IT OUT!!!!!! Someone had used the foundry to make a rather...........interesting...........social zone! That's why I can't find it now, it went away with the foundry. :( It was called STARBASE INVICTUS.
  • Options
    FIGURED IT OUT!!!!!! Someone had used the foundry to make a rather...........interesting...........social zone! That's why I can't find it now, it went away with the foundry. :( It was called STARBASE INVICTUS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVHpWpK0Bys
  • Options
    Ah... the Foundry.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,366 Arc User
    Starbase 80!
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,789 Arc User
    The only hidden Starbase I ever found, was in Federation Starbase Incursion.

I got stuck in the elevator (happened quite a lot back then). After relogging multiple times trying to get unstuck, I suddenly found myself in an elevator with a large corridor. There were Klingons down the hall. My team mates were over 300 meters away IIRC, somewhere above me most likely as the map didn't even seem to be that large.

I never got much further as it was a low level toon and I got killed. Then I respawned on the regular map of Starbase incursion.

It basically seemed there was another map underneath the Starbase incusion one. 'Was', or perhaps it's still there, who knows?
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User

either wake up, it's a dream or back away from the crack pipe...
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Was it in an Exploration Cluster, or part of a Foundry Mission?
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User

Ah that's a shame. The death of the foundry was a great loss not only to players, but roleplayers as well. RIP.
  • Options
    fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    Well if you go KDF, the fleet starbase has a strip club with Orion dancers.
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User

^_^ V
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User

Ah that's a shame. The death of the foundry was a great loss not only to players, but roleplayers as well. RIP.

This is very, very true. It was one of the little things that set STO apart from the competition, but corporations hate user-created content.

• Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,471 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    It is not that corporations ''hate'' user-created content. That is an oversimplification for why the Foundry ended. As for the OP, glad he found out the answer.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    omgikyaomgikya Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I remember this mission, its on nimbus, you have to track down some orion overlord and it leads you to his den of debauchery at the end.
  • Options

That is one thing I will give the KDF starbase. That and a fireplace. Feels more like a hunting lodge. I just wish the lighting wasn't so low... and red.
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    > @fallenkezef#4581 said:
    > Well if you go KDF, the fleet starbase has a strip club with Orion dancers.

Honestly calling it a strip club might be going a bit too far it does have female dancers, but no stripping
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,366 Arc User
    edited September 2020

That is one thing I will give the KDF starbase. That and a fireplace. Feels more like a hunting lodge. I just wish the lighting wasn't so low... and red.
    The light quality of Klingon vessels, and of First City on Qo'noS, leads me to suspect that their star is in fact an orange dwarf, spectral class K, or possibly even an M-type red dwarf. (That last seems less likely because analysis of tidal effects in a red dwarf's Goldilocks zone seems to indicate any Earth-sized world would be tidally locked to its primary, but I seem to recall a day/night cycle when Picard visited the planet in TNG.) Beings evolving under such a star would naturally prefer a dimmer, redder light than we who grew up under a G-type would consider comfortable. Temperatures would be colder as well, explaining the Klingon proclivity for dressing in furs at all times. (Must be terribly uncomfortable when they visit places like DS9, though.)
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    sthe91 wrote: »
    It is not that corporations ''hate'' user-created content. That is an oversimplification for why the Foundry ended.

We can't really know why the Foundry ended, can we?

You have your theory and I have mine, but there is no way to know for certain sure.

This discussion has been closed.