test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ships of the Line: Nebula-class

jkwrangler2010jkwrangler2010 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
So the Nebula-class is the next Ships of the Line pack. This is one of my favorite ships from the shows.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11478413
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Nebby is one of my favourites. A good ship, I already own all of them, but I'm thrilled about the updated material pig-1.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    ussvaliant2#1952 ussvaliant2 Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    Meh just complete a few reputations and buy the T6 Fleet version with free ship module unless you really want the Venture parts. The trait and console are 💩 Not worth 6000 for basically a new texture
    https://i.imgur.com/r6F7yxj.jpeg
  • Options
    foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    Meh just complete a few reputations and buy the T6 Fleet version with free ship module unless you really want the Venture parts. The trait and console are 💩 Not worth 6000 for basically a new texture

I tend to agree & good advice about using a Reputation to earn a Fleet Ship Module to just obtain the T6 fleet variant.

The deflector looks nice in that top pick though.

If someone didn't own the T3, T5, & the T6 there'd be greater value in this bundle.

& before anyone mentions it: a Federation Advanced Research Vessel once encountered a Klingon ship, that is how it qualifies during this "The Year of Klingon" lol.
  • Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    I still don't understand why they price these so high. 5000 is more appropriate, and even that is a stretch given the utter uselessness of T5 and T3 versions of a T6 ship.
  • Options
    qwe456345qwe456345 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Y'know what? next T6 Coupon that's available, Imma get the Sutherland nad make sure one of the BoFF abilities I got on it's Torpedo spread because let's be honest, the pod on the thing can easily be modified to fire off a veritable MMM
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    As someone who already owns the whole set, this is a most welcomed addition!
    The new and improved skins look awesome. Keep 'em comming!
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    Finally something for the Year of the Klingon.
    C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,323 Arc User
    Already got the lot, but i will give the new materials a try.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    maxwell#1530 maxwell Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    This information is INCORRECT!!!!!!!!

"But that’s not all! Eagle-eyed ship afficionados will have noticed that there are two versions of the Nebula with subtle differences between them: the physically-built studio model as seen in Star Trek: The Next Generation, and the CGI model built for Star Trek: Deep Space Nine and Voyager. The CGI model had more windows on the saucer and a galaxy-class style engineering hull, and now Nebula captains can fit new parts inspired by the CGI model to their ship in addition to the existing parts based on the physical model variant!"

The Original Nebula Class STUDIO Model was a KITBASH of the GALAXY CLASS and USED the GALAXY CLASS Saucer with MORE WINDOWS on the UPPER SAUCER SECTION and on the Secondary hull. This can be clearly seen in the original episode (maybe not the enhanced version but in the original version of the episode) .. Being in love with the Phoenix ever since I laid eyes on her back in 1991 with the release of Season 4 Episode 12 "The Wounded" I noticed this right away. I main the Phoenix as she has been and will always remain my first love... Dont get it twisted I am GREATFUL to Cryptic for giving us this new skin as it brings my girl's look back to her original studio model look. I cannot ask for more...
  • Options
    megainexoros#5925 megainexoros Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    Nice skins, not worth $60 for the pack, but all good...someone may want it. Do the Nova class now...it's been neglected long enough.
  • Options
    ishigami2ishigami2 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    Not going to buy this, I already own the T6 and that is the only relevant one.

The appearance of this reworked triggered me to buy a Fleet T6 for my SCI and make a nice torpedo build for it.
    Really digging it. Thanks for the freebee.

Going to stick to USS Farragut NCC-60597 from Generations, that is when the Nebula looked the best despite only being on screen for like 10 seconds…
    I really like the shoot as the Nebula dwarfs the Oberth and Miranda despite actually being the furthest away form the camera. Just makes the ship ooze presence.
  • Options
    fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    Another day, another feddybear only deal.

Vorcha? Neghvar?
  • Options
    fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    Another day, another feddybear only deal.

Vorcha? Neghvar?
    The Vor'cha and Negh'Var are getting their texture updates as part of the YoK releases.

Also, both ships of the line bundles they have done so far are ships with T3, T5, and T6 versions. The Negh'Var only has a T5 and T6 version available, so I don't think it even qualifies.

Fair enough in the case of the Negh'var.

Vor'cha has T4, T5 and T6 versions plus fleet.

Feddy bears have TWO of these space barbie bundles now and nothing for KDF.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    "Year of Klingon" only means that they are going to revamp the Klingon mission line this year, nothing else. We don't have to read the tirade on every new release, don't we?​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    gilleylen#2528 gilleylen Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    Why is it this is getting a updated look, it is a fresh coat of paint, even under a tighter inspection you added nothing new to Klingons besides the skins and updated ridges, that's how you celebrate Year of the Klingon? I was even kinda upset to learn i missed out on Picard's seven of nine outfit cause it was on PC like May for 3 days, 3 days is a very tiny window, that is like hours and if you go on vacation for 2 weeks well your just ****ed. I can suggest HUNDREDS of updates that needs more than this respray

(Klingon DSC heads, DSC Klingon faction, Missed Promotional Outfits should be in the ZEN Store *why have you gave up on that?* Ultimate Upgrades in the ZEN store, Single Legendary Bundle Ships, Klingon stories that are not generic conversations, Admirality gives Reputation Dilithium *if your farming Dilithium to ZEN and want good reputation sets you will spend 1200 to get it* More stories about exploration and puzzles and LESS ABOUT BLOWING **** UP)
  • Options
    ishigami2ishigami2 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    It is getting very annoying.
    Every time something gets added to the store “what about KDF?” comes up because YoK.
    Because YoK means only KDF may get stuff for a whole year. That is how it works...
    This is a bundle of ships which everyone can already buy if they wish to.
    The only “event” here is that they use their visual rework, which they announced way back, to offer a bundle for people to spend money on the game.
    What about the BoP, Vor’Cha and Negh’Var?
    Yes what about them? They already received their visual rework and already look awesome.
    People complain here about not getting a pre-packed bundle of ships they can already buy whenever they wish to right now…
    Are you serious?
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Why is it this is getting a updated look, it is a fresh coat of paint, even under a tighter inspection you added nothing new to Klingons besides the skins and updated ridges, that's how you celebrate Year of the Klingon? I was even kinda upset to learn i missed out on Picard's seven of nine outfit cause it was on PC like May for 3 days, 3 days is a very tiny window, that is like hours and if you go on vacation for 2 weeks well your just ****ed. I can suggest HUNDREDS of updates that needs more than this respray

(Klingon DSC heads, DSC Klingon faction, Missed Promotional Outfits should be in the ZEN Store *why have you gave up on that?* Ultimate Upgrades in the ZEN store, Single Legendary Bundle Ships, Klingon stories that are not generic conversations, Admirality gives Reputation Dilithium *if your farming Dilithium to ZEN and want good reputation sets you will spend 1200 to get it* More stories about exploration and puzzles and LESS ABOUT BLOWING **** UP)

Ok, let me tell you something as a 3D modeler myself.. doing new "skins" means doing the entire ship again, it is as simple as that, so, yeah, they are new ships... Also, Romulans have only one new ship, the new carrier (the legendary, well, i dont have THAT amount of money), same as Jem'Hadar, and KDF had a lot of new ships that you don't need to pay again for.. soooo, if they want to recover costs of giving us free remodels (that take the same amount of time as a new ship, as i said), so feds have to pay up, i'm ok with it.. i already have the sets, and all KDF ships, so i wont buy it.. but still i'm ok with it.. :smile:
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,023 Community Moderator
    angrytarg wrote: »
    "Year of Klingon" only means that they are going to revamp the Klingon mission line this year, nothing else. We don't have to read the tirade on every new release, don't we?​​

Apparently we do because Year of Klingon obviously means NO WORK ON ANYTHING BUT KLINGON STUFF according to some people.
    That's not how things work, but people will insist that it is.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    risingstar2009risingstar2009 Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    Just like with the Akira, I own all the current versions that are available. I'm not gonna pay any amount just for a Skin.
    Star Trek Battles: For those who want to Play Star Trek Online as it WAS MEANT TO BE!!!

Our Battles
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    If you already own them you get the Skins for nothing.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    scorcher27ascorcher27a Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Considering I already purchased the 3 Nebula-class ships individually, I just can't justify purchasing it just for a fleet ship module.

That being said, I have to give STO's model makers a lot of credit. They really did their homework here.
    Two wrongs don't make a right... but three rights make a left!
This discussion has been closed.