test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Are the forums broken for anyone else?

Comments

• Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    Yes, this has been occasionally happening to me as well lately.
    Also the forums are showing as "not fully secure" just as others have mentioned.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,646 Arc User
    The above picture examples are consistent with my Google Chrome experience. At line 10 the post window drops open and pushes the buttons out of view. No scrolling bar within the text window to find the bottom. I do use the Adblock Plus app with the browser if that helps?
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • Options
    nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    I'm experiencing those issues on Firefox 80.0.1
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Screen shots are an example of what I am seeing as well.

I am running Opera 70.0.3728.178 which is basically a re skinned Google Chrome.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    I'll add my notice of this annoyance. Usually a quick refresh fixes it though.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,471 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    I see what som is talking about as well as the claim that the forums are insecure at one point. I just tried on Google Chrome and it seemed to be ok as well as the forums were not marked not secure anymore. It also seems that Cryptic Studios has finally encrypted their own website at https://crypticstudios.com even though one can still access the un-encrypted version at http://www.crypticstudios.com. So they still need to fix that. Another bug I notice with Arc itself as well as Google Chrome is that when you go to the Guides section and to where the Patch Notes are, the left and right arrows near the bottom do not work anymore when you try to click on them. On a side note, wish there was a section of the forums dedicated to bugs involving the Arcgames website as well as the Arc client.

Edit: I noticed just now that Google Chrome is tagging a certain section of the Arcgames forum for Star Trek Online as not secure so that bug has not been fixed. This can happen regardless if one is logged into the forums or not. These are the sections I noticed: The PC Gameplay Bug Reports link in the forums, the Support link in the forums, the Categories or STO forums link, etc. A refresh usually fixes it temporarily.
    Post edited by sthe91 on
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Same issue on mobile. On PC I block the ARC overlay and just use forums.arcgames.com and have no issues.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    This is still a problem.. a very annoying one.

Any word on getting this fixed?
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Yeah, the problem has been around for at least a week, but i always assumed it was from my end..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,000 Arc User
    The forum has started signing me out too, even though I have the remain signed in boxed checked.
  • Options
    Right now the best thing to do it keeping hitting tab as mentioned earlier in the thread. That forces the page down to where everything is visible.

Didn't see that tip, thanks, it works.
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Firefox is showing the not secure icon and giving info that connection isn't secure for parts of the page (such as images) so it could be peoples sigs flagging it up.

The forums seemed to die for a bit last week and since they came back the bottom bar has been blocking longer posts.
  • Options
    warmonger360warmonger360 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    dunno if this is anything, but firefox tab I used, I hd to go thru that damn bot check thing, picking out certain pix. when complete, the page went into a looping refresh. fortunately I had another tab that works..., for now
    WE SURVIVE!

aut vincere aut mori pro imperio
    either to conquer or to die for the Empire
  • Options
    chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    dunno if this is anything, but firefox tab I used, I hd to go thru that damn bot check thing, picking out certain pix. when complete, the page went into a looping refresh. fortunately I had another tab that works..., for now

Oh god I hate that, "select every box that has a fire hydrant". Like I was a dog looking for a place to TRIBBLE. Though, now I think of it, some people do use these forums for that purpose...
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    The forums have done that to me forever. I have long since accepted I am going to be signed out every other link i click on here.

Usually takes a few months for me to get logged out automatically.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    ^Me too. Usually it's after some update to my browser or computer.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I've had to log in at least four times already today and I go months at a time normally. At least that dopey Arc Defender nonsense didn't show up. Looks like I'm signing in from a new computer - get new glasses you don't seem to see well at all.

The last time, just before this session, I got a Cookie dialog box and had to acknowledge a new Privacy Policy.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    derekg#1482 derekg Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Is Community@crypticstudios.com monitored? I am having trouble using this forum with my game account and was instructed by support to e-mail that address. I have not received any sort of acknowledgment, automated or otherwise, that my message was received.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    It is not a solution for everyone, but:

With Adblock you can block the ARC overlay completely and use https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline - it'll get rid of a dozen trackers in the process.

With the PWE Forum Enhancement add-on for Tampermonkey (link in my signature - the script is many years old and development is dead, but it still works) you get custom buttons (and smileys, like pig-35.gifnormal-19.gif7H0tNfX.png ).

If you are interested you can PM me for the adblock fitlers that block the forwarding to the ARC overlay.

It works pig-1.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    warmonger360warmonger360 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    The forums have done that to me forever. I have long since accepted I am going to be signed out every other link i click on here.

Usually takes a few months for me to get logged out automatically.

got ya beat. 2 days to relog
    WE SURVIVE!

aut vincere aut mori pro imperio
    either to conquer or to die for the Empire
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,471 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    In fact I think this is also affecting @ambassadorkael#6946 when he posts the patch notes threads since usually he has a big paragraph but instead of it being in just one post, it now shows up as two posts.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    Yep, and it's pretty annoying!

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
This discussion has been closed.