test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Star Trek Day celebration in STO announced, and it is....

13»

Comments

• blastcharger#6318 blastcharger Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    It would honestly make a lot of sense for them to put the base 300 dollar bundle of Anniversary ships in the store permanently.
  • hideandseekofdrihideandseekofdri Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    those ships should still be available in the store but aren't their post says:
    From September 8th at 8am PT (17:00 CEST) to September 9th at 10am PT (19:00 CEST)

Save 20% on Everything in the Zen Store on all platforms!
    Both Ten Ship Legendary Bundles will be available in the Zen Store on All Platforms!
    bot no ship in the store now....
  • foxfire2000foxfire2000 Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    jivedutch wrote: »
    I read the blog ... visit 10 ships .... the image shows 10 ships ....

Now fingers X'd i can actually buy the 10 ships this time around ....

I just topped up my Zen, went to buy it and it was gone........i hope they bring it back one more time as i now have all that zen and i all wanted was this pack.......talk about bad luck with this thing as i also missed it first time round. lol
  • hideandseekofdrihideandseekofdri Member Posts: 2 Arc User

I just topped up my Zen, went to buy it and it was gone........i hope they bring it back one more time as i now have all that zen and i all wanted was this pack.......talk about bad luck with this thing. lol

same here there "official" announcement post say it would still be here for more then an hour...

I just topped up my Zen, went to buy it and it was gone........i hope they bring it back one more time as i now have all that zen and i all wanted was this pack.......talk about bad luck with this thing as i also missed it first time round. lol

They're still operating under the mistaken assumption that everyone can afford to drop 450 at a moment's notice on a bundle that isn't a permanent part of the store.....
    ^^Yeah, i had no idea that this was a thing, i saw the ST day thing but i only caught sight of the 10th ships bundle in the store a hour ago while i was looking through teir 6 ships and these appeaed at the earth star base vender.....i am gutted to have missed them a second time, and it seem by just a hour or so. :(
    westmetals wrote: »

They're still operating under the mistaken assumption that everyone can afford to drop 450 at a moment's notice on a bundle that isn't a permanent part of the store.....

It's not even that: the bundle has disappeared from the store earlier than the announced deadline.

Indeed. It's still showing up on PS4 for me, but the tab for the bundle says "This item cannot be purchased on this character." on an Andorian....
    i saw the bundle today...i wont buy it though...

I would if I had the funds, but honestly, I just think they should make the base bundle one of the Expansion Bundle sets, as a permanent addition.
  • aboundedorc0#8479 aboundedorc0 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    crm14916 wrote: »
    And Sigourney Weaver when she was still young, hot, and reasonably sane, before she got old and went "Coo-Coo for Cocopuffs".

Frankly, I'm glad that I have no idea what you are referring to in regards to Ms. Weaver? My suggestion is to try meditation for at least one hour daily.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    Um,. it does say the only series to "star" such a character... which I think refers to main characters only. All of those mentioned (with the possible exception of the ones from Discovery as I have not watched it) were guest appearances.
    There is a verb for that, it's guest starring.

Of course, it's meant to refer to "starring as a main character", but this is a poorly written line, especially with Discovery still on-going, with both Captain Georgiou introduced as the main captain (for only the first 2 episodes, yes, but still the main one nonetheless) and the Emperor getting her own spin-off.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • wwwwoodywwwwoody Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    I like this kind of stuff, but I hope they will fix the info on the Enterprise-D.

It currently states that it is the fourth ship to bear the name Enterprise along with the 1701 number.

It is the 5th. Not sure if someone is conflating Enterprise and Enterprise-A.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,101 Arc User
    OMO - They're MISSING a major version of the Enterprise - namely, the TMP Refit version/1701-A.

Funny thing is, I'm not even a fan of the ship design - I (as an old TOS fan) prefer the original 'Starship Class' - that became the Constitution Class once the Franz Joseph Star Trek Technical Manual hit the shelves circa 1975.

The above said, it was the hero ship of 5 main TOS feature films (and it did appear in all 6 TOS feature films); and without the financial success of gthe first 4 TO feature films, TNG would never have been greenlit for television.

So yeah, given all the media history presented for each ship (IMO) it has more of a right/need to be there then teh TNG era Soveriegn Class 1701-E who only appeared in 3 films total; and the last TNG film - Star Trek: Nemesis performed so poorly (it was beaten in its opening weekend by the Jennifer Lopez rom com "Maid In Manhattan"; and pretty much put this final nail in the Star Trek feature film franchise. (If JJ Abrams hadn't come along with a unique pitch, the Star Trek feature film franchise might still be dead - and yes, while Star Trek Beyond did underperform, it wasn't the outright bomb that was Star Trek: Nemesis.)

And in fairness as a TOS fan, let me state I myself still loath "Star Trek V: The Final Frontier"; and can't bring myself to ever watch it again; the TNP refit 1701/1701-A was in 5 major films that were all very successful; and front and center in what many fans consider to be the best Star Trek film of either the TOS or TNG eras and that's "Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan"; yet it's MISSING from STO's fleet museum; and there's barely any mention of the TOS feature films.

Hopefully this will be fixedfixed for next year's "Star Trek Day"...? ;)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
    edited September 2020
    ^^I hope this bundle appears again maybe at xmas if possible as i really wanted that Jeffries Star Trek phase II Enterprise refit that was made but never used, as i can never get enough Tos era designed ships, love them.
    ^^I hope this bundle appears again maybe at xmas if possible as i really wanted that Jeffries Star Trek phase II Enterprise refit that was made but never used, as i can never get enough Tos era designed ships, love them.

I really only want the Defiant and ONE of the Connies. And a tier 6 version of the Constellation because that Picard bundle was a sham.
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,644 Arc User
    I was surprised and impressed that the first thing upon arriving on the Sol map was President Okeg. I mean, I've known of him as part of the game lore. And in the game trailers. Just not seen him inside of the game. A nice enough intro.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,971 Community Moderator
    psiameese wrote: »
    I was surprised and impressed that the first thing upon arriving on the Sol map was President Okeg. I mean, I've known of him as part of the game lore. And in the game trailers. Just not seen him inside of the game. A nice enough intro.

He's actually in one of the Temporal War mission arcs, taking part in a conference with D'tan and J'mpok. And he appears during the First Contact Day event.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Actually, he's becoming a PITA nudge already. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Oh, and having the 20% Sale apply to Mudd's Market is a joke. It is pretty clear now that something that may have once started off as a supposed 'joke' has now settled in to a year round fleece market. We see no 80% off Sales anymore. Limited time availibility items make QVC 'Today Only' pricing seem tame in comparison.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Oh, and having the 20% Sale apply to Mudd's Market is a joke. It is pretty clear now that something that may have once started off as a supposed 'joke' has now settled in to a year round fleece market. We see no 80% off Sales anymore. Limited time availibility items make QVC 'Today Only' pricing seem tame in comparison.

Yeah, i dunno whats up with that, i'm waiting for a real sale on that thing for months!, also never did the double event points on the featured TFO again, to recover from lost time in the events (work and RL stuff) when you cannot play from time to time..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    You could sort of argue that Georgiou was starting in season 2 of DSC (though she was an unranked S31 agent and technically the mirror universe version), since Star Trek series never had just one "star".

That said the only clear and obvious Starring Female Captain would be Janeway.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    spiritborn wrote: »
    You could sort of argue that Georgiou was starting in season 2 of DSC (though she was an unranked S31 agent and technically the mirror universe version), since Star Trek series never had just one "star".

That said the only clear and obvious Starring Female Captain would be Janeway.

But in that case, was she a captain?

Well that depends on what you want to count since mirror Georgiou had the cover identity of her prime universe version who was KIA while at the rank of captain but agent Georgiou had no official rank within Starfleet (since officially she didn't exist), so it's complicated.
This discussion has been closed.