test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Star Trek Day celebration in STO announced, and it is....

Comments

• Options
    claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    Kinda sad they didn't bring back the Utopia Planitia Shipyards map, when I saw them say "museum" in the announcement, I was thinking of this map.
    UE1915O.jpg
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User

He made several tweets, so click that to read below.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,215 Arc User

He made several tweets, so click that to read below.

Its not that bad, but I think for next year they should put the display in the Utopia shipyards since that's more like an actual museum. But honestly I'm not expecting them to do any changes to it.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    If they can revamp the Utopia map for Feds, that would work, but that would also kinda lock KDF out, so we'd need something for KDF.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    His idea wasnt bad really, all it missed was 2-3 Klingon, 2-3 Romulan and a couple Dominion ships so none gets left out
  • Options
    blastcharger#6318 blastcharger Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    All I know is the Legendary bundle needs to become a permanent part of the store. No more Time Limited bull....
  • Options
    xungnguyenxungnguyen Member Posts: 233 Arc User
    All I know is the Legendary bundle needs to become a permanent part of the store. No more Time Limited bull....

Yep or sell the ships individually.
    temporal_lapras__royal_flagship__by_lapry101-dbutq96.png

"Simba, you have forgotten me. You have forgotten who you are … you are my son and the one true king." (Mufasa)
  • Options
    xungnguyen wrote: »

Yep or sell the ships individually.

Indeed. If they put each Legendary T6 up for even 40 dollars worth, most people would buy them. That hasn't seemed to have occurred to them yet.
  • Options
    Indeed. If they put each Legendary T6 up for even 40 dollars worth, most people would buy them. That hasn't seemed to have occurred to them yet.

It probably has, but its also possible that their hands are tied by CBS saying No. Not only that, we're talking 3 Connies, an NX, and a Crossfield, which are all either lockbox or promo normally.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    rattler2 wrote: »

It probably has, but its also possible that their hands are tied by CBS saying No. Not only that, we're talking 3 Connies, an NX, and a Crossfield, which are all either lockbox or promo normally.

No. Contrary to what seems to be overwhelming belief, the ships in the Tenth Anniversary bundle are SEPARATE Tier 6 ships. The bundle just includes the costumes and consoles from the Lockbox and promotion versions. That's ten ships that are EXCLUSIVE to the bundle. For that matter, they could have easily put in a store-bought tier 6 Constitution Class by making it the USS Constitution, with its pre-phaser weapons loadout, the Laser Emitters.
  • Options
    Its still for all intents and purposes a Connie though. Why do you think we don't have an Endgame Connie in the C-Store when Cryptic KNOWS it would make money? CBS said No. For a long time the highest tier Connie we had was T2. Eventually we got an Endgame Connie, with the stipulation that it was a Lockbox one. Thus we got the Kelvin Connie. Then they let us have the Prime Connie... with the stupulation that it was a Promo. And thus the TOS Temporal Connie was released. Now we have the Miracle Worker DSC Connie... as a Promo.
    3 different variants of the Connie, all NOT C-Store.

You can't just say "We changed a few things so its not the same ship. We can put it in the C-Store" because it is STILL A CONNIE, and thus subject to the will of the IP Holder.

People have even suggested excluding the Connie parts to try and get an Endgame Connie of any kind, leaving us with just the Exeter, Excalibur, and Vesper parts.
    Obviously that didn't work because at the end of the day it was still a Connie.

Odds are the only reason we got the Legendaries in the C-Store is because they're tied to the full bundle. As much as I would have loved to see individual releases... odds are the Powers That Be have decreed that the No C-Store Connie Law is still in effect, thus negating individual release of the Legendary TOS, Kelvin, and DSC Connies.
  • Options
    Its still for all intents and purposes a Connie though. Why do you think we don't have an Endgame Connie in the C-Store when Cryptic KNOWS it would make money? CBS said No. For a long time the highest tier Connie we had was T2. Eventually we got an Endgame Connie, with the stipulation that it was a Lockbox one. Thus we got the Kelvin Connie. Then they let us have the Prime Connie... with the stupulation that it was a Promo. And thus the TOS Temporal Connie was released. Now we have the Miracle Worker DSC Connie... as a Promo.
    3 different variants of the Connie, all NOT C-Store.

You can't just say "We changed a few things so its not the same ship. We can put it in the C-Store" because it is STILL A CONNIE, and thus subject to the will of the IP Holder.

People have even suggested excluding the Connie parts to try and get an Endgame Connie of any kind, leaving us with just the Exeter, Excalibur, and Vesper parts.
    Obviously that didn't work because at the end of the day it was still a Connie.

Odds are the only reason we got the Legendaries in the C-Store is because they're tied to the full bundle. As much as I would have loved to see individual releases... odds are the Powers That Be have decreed that the No C-Store Connie Law is still in effect, thus negating individual release of the Legendary TOS, Kelvin, and DSC Connies.

The fault there is that those are all Enterprises, which is the real reason they haven't done it. The Enterprise is the third generation Constitution-class ship, canonically.

Either way, they'd make far more money by either making the bundle permanent, or making something akin to their Akira Class Ship Of The Line bundle.
  • Options
    The fault there is that those are all Enterprises, which is the real reason they haven't done it. The Enterprise is the third generation Constitution-class ship, canonically.

But the name Enterprise is tied to that class. And thus... here we are.
  • Options

The name Enterprise is tied to five different ship classes just in the series and movies....not counting any of the background lore or the game's stuff.

Either way, we're back to a bundle that is an okay bundle, broken by its status as a time limited bundle.
  • Options
    nepsthennepsthen Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    lordmerc22 wrote: »
    Its not bad but would had been better if they had included a few Klingon, Romulan and Dominion iconic ships there to include the entire fanbase in the celebration. As for free things many ask, I disagree, not everything has to be a giveaway

I'm sure they'll release the Klingon version at some point. And with different account unlock ship traits to entice Fed mains. It'll probably be something like this:

The three D7s
    B'rel BoP
    Bortasqu' / Kahless alt
    Kelvin BoP
    Vor'cha / Vor'ral alt
    one or both of the disco ships
    a raptor
    Gorn science

DxDiag64 dump 19Feb2016: http://pastebin.com/1c0pkEuw
  • Options
    westmetals wrote: »

And yet, the Excelsior and Ambassador classes were not included...

Not to mention the Universe-class Enterprise J
  • Options
    nishizawasannishizawasan Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    This is my first post in a very long time. If the Legendary Bundle were to offer full cross faction Universal Console and Advanced Phaser/Disruptor unlocks for KDF, I'd be one happy camper.
    I should not have to purchase "Faith of The Heart" for the NX Cross Faction console and trait unlock when I already have a version of it.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    They can have a Legendary Klingon Ship Pack with half the number of ships. They would need to stuff it with useless extras so they can justify the 29,500 List Price. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,264 Arc User
    Something I'd love for them to do for next year would be allow for us to visit the interiors of those ships, might even give an excuse to make some of those interiors.
  • Options
    ltminns wrote: »
    They can have a Legendary Klingon Ship Pack with half the number of ships. They would need to stuff it with useless extras so they can justify the 29,500 List Price. ;)

The Romulan Legendary BOP proves there is no minimum number of ships. But yes, they will toss in some stuff most people don't want so they can charge a higher price (again, like they did with the Legendary BOP).

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    Since they've broken the game (Again! Or is it, "Still"?) all of this is kinda moot right now, isn't it?

If I knew Cryptic was going to spend the money I gave them on infrastructure so the continuous and continuing connectivity problems could be solved to the point of being minor irritants rather then locking out their customers for hours or days, I'd be a lot more inclined to purchase the Legendary Bundle
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User

I used to think "when" Cryptic does a Legendary Klink bundle but nowadays I'm more"if" & "if" &/or "when" Cryptic does it I sadly don't think it will be at the same quality of the Fed Legendary bundle & by intention. But I hope I'm wrong!
  • Options

I used to think "when" Cryptic does a Legendary Klink bundle but nowadays I'm more"if" & "if" &/or "when" Cryptic does it I sadly don't think it will be at the same quality of the Fed Legendary bundle & by intention. But I hope I'm wrong!

There is no "if"; remember, they already put the work into remodeling the BOP, Vorcha, K'tinga, and Negh'var. They aren't going to let that development time/money go to waste.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    So, you guys have enjoyed the, "Six Months of Klingon" so far? I have, too. I think.

A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    I expected nothing.. so this actually surpassed my expectation. :lol:

ROFL The USS Server Not Responding surpassed mine too
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,394 Arc User
    Speaking of the event itself, 2 things that bothered me a little:
    -the quote for the Enterprise-D while awesome by itself and very fitting, is from the bad timeline when the Enterprise-C got time-displaced (speaking of which, how about giving the C some love since it pretty much single-handedly prevented another Klingon war and the destruction of the Federation)
    -9900_20200908210423_1.jpg?raw=1. Since it's lacking a "main", to whoever wrote that: Erika Hernandez, Phillipa Louvois, Lynne Lucero, and Philippa Georgiou want to know your location. And Emperor Georgiou and Killy are already plotting your painful demise.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Speaking of the event itself, 2 things that bothered me a little:
    -the quote for the Enterprise-D while awesome by itself and very fitting, is from the bad timeline when the Enterprise-C got time-displaced (speaking of which, how about giving the C some love since it pretty much single-handedly prevented another Klingon war and the destruction of the Federation)
    -9900_20200908210423_1.jpg?raw=1. Since it's lacking a "main", to whoever wrote that: Erika Hernandez, Phillipa Louvois, Lynne Lucero, and Philippa Georgiou want to know your location. And Emperor Georgiou and Killy are already plotting your painful demise.

Apparently captain Rachel Garrett of the Enterprise C never existed either, which is extra funny when you know the Enterprise D quote is straight out of Yesterday's Enterprise.
This discussion has been closed.