Install Arc
Options

KDF T6 Ship of your choice?

2»

Comments

• Options
    midevilchaos#4670 midevilchaos Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    szerontzur wrote: »
    I don't consider it the 'best', but the Durgath is my favorite ship in the game. It's a complete bear of a ship(to acquire, to pilot and to fit), but a stupid grin creeps across my face everytime I 'Kool-Aid-Man' onto the battlefield with it. With the pilot spec and high power levels, it actually handles a lot more like a Super-Heavy Battlecruiser(with a 10km stopping distance from full impulse..) than a complete tub. A mix of Disco and conventional Disruptor Beams do a decent job of imitating a large ship bristling with a mixed armament without the actual drawbacks of running beams and cannons.

I confess I've got a soft spot for the Tac Bortasqu/Martok(loved running the ship back in the pre-Legacy of Romulus days), although the Klothos is a much better ship for that playstyle now.

I ran the Ty'gokor for several years as well; Durgath is kind of a bigger cousin to it, in terms of playstyle. The MWFDC D7 is also in the same genre(battle-carrier) of ship, but a bit more aggressive.

For 'classic' Battlecruisers, the Vor'ral and Qib are both a lot of fun. The former still retains its 'powerslideyness' while the latter gives you a fun battlecloaking BC that still looks the part. Mogh/Kurak are very good for a slightly more offensive style, but the Qugh is superior.

The Qugh and M'chla are also pretty excellent ships, but I don't really like the visual style of the pre-Unified Klingon vessels.

There aren't really any single-hangar Klingon ships that I find particularly stand-out. The Raptor is decent, but not remarkable(and the MMSV is Gorn).

THAT is the ship I have been wanting for a few days now. Expensive as all hell though LOL. Maybe one day I will be fortunate enough to own that one.

I agree, the Disco ships are the worst by far. Clearly, post early 2000s, the people making the movies and tv shows now have no clue what Star Trek is about. One name: Tilly. What is that? That's not a proper Star Trek character. And in the new gen movies, the Klingons look like... *sigh* you know what, I am sure. Clearly, all they want is to make as much money by reaching to as many people who will watch. So, they are trying to make it "mainstream" by... you know.
  • Options
    nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    Qib, because .. Batman (dark skin and Aegis shield)
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • Options
    foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    I'd wish Cryptic would add T6 versions of: A Kamarag Battlecruiser (BC), that fleet only Tor'Kaht BC, &/or the Vor'Kang BC, or at least updated ship(s) with those paint-jobs optional.

I enjoyed the Kamarag Retrofit's nimbleness & BOFF/console layout for it's too brief level span, the fleet Kamarag BC Retrofit never seemed worth the cost given it's BOFF/console layout.

The Tor'Kaht I haven't piloted but always admired its more unique appearance, but not going to spend (4) Fleet Ship Modules (FSM) for an outdated ship just for a paint-job.

I've always favored the Vor'Kang's look over even the Vor'cha, I just remember in the ship-tailor being able to shorten the Vor'kang's neck & really liking that look & BOFF/console layout for it's level span.

I remember almost buying the fleet Vor'ral Support BC when it released since it unlocks the Tor'Kaht paint-job, imo has good BOFF/console layout & decent/good stats but didn't when it neglected to include the Vor'Kang paint-job too.

Now that Cryptic made that: no-longer-buy-with-zen but only-buy-using-dilithium changes for the 1-4 ranked ships I might revisit the Fleet Vor'ral Support BC when it is on sale then add the Vor'Kang, such a good lineage ship-line.

Going to play patient for now since whether or not Cryptic actually releases Legendary KDF ships will make or break me for STO.

• Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Still praying for a Legendary D7 for zen like the recent Rom deal.

Ah... but which variant? TOS? DSC? Kelvin? There are three variants.

For that matter, canon-wise there is the Klolode variant of the D7 (from TAS) and K't'inga-class (from the movie era) which makes five canon D7 variants.
  • Options
    szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    I don't consider it the 'best', but the Durgath is my favorite ship in the game. It's a complete bear of a ship(to acquire, to pilot and to fit), but a stupid grin creeps across my face everytime I 'Kool-Aid-Man' onto the battlefield with it. With the pilot spec and high power levels, it actually handles a lot more like a Super-Heavy Battlecruiser(with a 10km stopping distance from full impulse..) than a complete tub. A mix of Disco and conventional Disruptor Beams do a decent job of imitating a large ship bristling with a mixed armament without the actual drawbacks of running beams and cannons.

I confess I've got a soft spot for the Tac Bortasqu/Martok(loved running the ship back in the pre-Legacy of Romulus days), although the Klothos is a much better ship for that playstyle now.

I ran the Ty'gokor for several years as well; Durgath is kind of a bigger cousin to it, in terms of playstyle. The MWFDC D7 is also in the same genre(battle-carrier) of ship, but a bit more aggressive.

For 'classic' Battlecruisers, the Vor'ral and Qib are both a lot of fun. The former still retains its 'powerslideyness' while the latter gives you a fun battlecloaking BC that still looks the part. Mogh/Kurak are very good for a slightly more offensive style, but the Qugh is superior.

The Qugh and M'chla are also pretty excellent ships, but I don't really like the visual style of the pre-Unified Klingon vessels.

There aren't really any single-hangar Klingon ships that I find particularly stand-out. The Raptor is decent, but not remarkable(and the MMSV is Gorn).

THAT is the ship I have been wanting for a few days now. Expensive as all hell though LOL. Maybe one day I will be fortunate enough to own that one.

I agree, the Disco ships are the worst by far. Clearly, post early 2000s, the people making the movies and tv shows now have no clue what Star Trek is about. One name: Tilly. What is that? That's not a proper Star Trek character. And in the new gen movies, the Klingons look like... *sigh* you know what, I am sure. Clearly, all they want is to make as much money by reaching to as many people who will watch. So, they are trying to make it "mainstream" by... you know.

Well, if you're lusting after the Durgath, I do feel like I should temper the expectations.

It's not a ship that's going to blow you away with its performance. Most of its unique features are more 'for fun' than actually effective. The Gravitic Lance is Radiation damage, and this isn't really a science ship, so it's hard to get good boosting synergy for it. The AoE Power Boost of the console is nice, but not ground breaking(it will allow you to get an extra lance shot or two over its duration though). The frigates get Channeled Destruction, but I'm probably going to replace them with the new Support Frigates. The Layout doesn't really give you a room to play around with Temporal Powers, nor does it give you access to Suppression Barrage 3(like the Ty'gokor), but it does give you a second(kinetic) death-beam of sorts and improved mobility from Molecular Reconstruction mechanics. The drawbacks of the Starship Trait kind of ruin its usefulness.

Cosmetically, the 'city' parts of the ship are only textured and illuminated with the default(grey) skin, the other material types just paint over it and leave you with 'lumpy' sections on the hull. So if you want a classically 'green' hull, you'll give up some of the bling. The ship also has a bit of a downward slope from back to front, so it can be a bit tricky to level-off after nosing up or down. It's also the smallest of the 3 Temporal Heavy Dreads; the length of the ship is about the width of the Universe Class's saucer; both are smaller than the Valkis.

Otherwise though, the ship still has a lot of battlefield presence(people notice it and will generally treat it like a 'flagship'). If you min/max your damage synergy, you can still melt things at a fairly respectible pace, but the ship will feel a bit anemic if you don't put in the work. A lot of the weapon hardpoints are clustered at the nose and aft; so I recommend BFAW/CSV to not look too silly at broadside. Building for tanking is where the ship really shines though; with the size and shape of the ship, you've got a lot of 'reach'(the ship spans several km) and you never really need to goto full impulse outside of perhaps boss-rushing battlezones(beware the 10km braking distance). The one caveat is you need to add in immunity periods to soak all the warp core breaches your giant hull will catch.

Generally speaking, the MWFDC D7 is definitely a better value in most cases if a Promo Pack lands in your lap. (I still love my Durgath to bits though and do not regret it.)
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    For that matter, canon-wise there is the Klolode variant of the D7 (from TAS) and K't'inga-class (from the movie era) which makes five canon D7 variants.

Not familiar with the TAS version, but the K'Tinga is just a reskin on the D7 in STO, so getting the D7 already comes with the K'Tinga skin.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User

Not familiar with the TAS version, but the K'Tinga is just a reskin on the D7 in STO, so getting the D7 already comes with the K'Tinga skin.

The Klolode has an extended torpedo launcher ring, possibly the whole launcher is shifted forward to make room for science equipment behind it, and a few other minor changes. Judging from what they did with it in the cartoon it seems to be the "science battlecruiser" of the D7 line, sort of the same idea as the Gorkon-class is in the modern Bortasqu' line.
  • Options
    worgausworgaus Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    Still praying for a Legendary D7 for zen like the recent Rom deal.

Ah... but which variant? TOS? DSC? Kelvin? There are three variants.

My favorite is the TOS version. I wish we could get the Romulan D7 version and skin as well.
    185?cb=20080414205925&path-prefix=en
  • Options

Well, if you're lusting after the Durgath, I do feel like I should temper the expectations.

It's not a ship that's going to blow you away with its performance. Most of its unique features are more 'for fun' than actually effective. The Gravitic Lance is Radiation damage, and this isn't really a science ship, so it's hard to get good boosting synergy for it. The AoE Power Boost of the console is nice, but not ground breaking(it will allow you to get an extra lance shot or two over its duration though). The frigates get Channeled Destruction, but I'm probably going to replace them with the new Support Frigates. The Layout doesn't really give you a room to play around with Temporal Powers, nor does it give you access to Suppression Barrage 3(like the Ty'gokor), but it does give you a second(kinetic) death-beam of sorts and improved mobility from Molecular Reconstruction mechanics. The drawbacks of the Starship Trait kind of ruin its usefulness.

Cosmetically, the 'city' parts of the ship are only textured and illuminated with the default(grey) skin, the other material types just paint over it and leave you with 'lumpy' sections on the hull. So if you want a classically 'green' hull, you'll give up some of the bling. The ship also has a bit of a downward slope from back to front, so it can be a bit tricky to level-off after nosing up or down. It's also the smallest of the 3 Temporal Heavy Dreads; the length of the ship is about the width of the Universe Class's saucer; both are smaller than the Valkis.

Otherwise though, the ship still has a lot of battlefield presence(people notice it and will generally treat it like a 'flagship'). If you min/max your damage synergy, you can still melt things at a fairly respectible pace, but the ship will feel a bit anemic if you don't put in the work. A lot of the weapon hardpoints are clustered at the nose and aft; so I recommend BFAW/CSV to not look too silly at broadside. Building for tanking is where the ship really shines though; with the size and shape of the ship, you've got a lot of 'reach'(the ship spans several km) and you never really need to goto full impulse outside of perhaps boss-rushing battlezones(beware the 10km braking distance). The one caveat is you need to add in immunity periods to soak all the warp core breaches your giant hull will catch.

Generally speaking, the MWFDC D7 is definitely a better value in most cases if a Promo Pack lands in your lap. (I still love my Durgath to bits though and do not regret it.)

Thanks for that :) My Klingon character is a real badass. I mean a real one. Lost her eye as she took over the vessel captained by a cowardly and dishonourable petaQ! She requires a vessel to show her might and power. I would love to have a solely defensive ship in terms of tanking. Never did tanking, so I am not sure exactly what would be the best consoles. In terms of weapon type, it wouldn't matter (ideally Disruptor).

If you have a tanking build with yours, would you mind sharing it via stoacademy?

• Options

Thanks for that :) My Klingon is a badass. A real one. She lost her eye in a battle against her now former Captain as she challenged his authority after he was a dishonourable coward. She needs a vessel that proves her might and authority. I would love for her to be a tanking character, but I never did much tanking ever.

Would you mind sharing your build on stoacademy?

This discussion has been closed.