Install Arc
Options

New Risian Science Vessel Discussion Thread

2»

Comments

• Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    kiralyn wrote: »
    Twitter posts, facebook posts, all that is basically advertisement. To get players that aren't so interested in STO that they would follow the forums. Aimed particularly at lapsed players and potential new players.

Hmm. When I'm in one of my "off" periods (i.e, a "lapsed player"), I keep an eye on the forums for any news of things that would bring me back. Because where else would I look for the most 'official' news about a game, than it's official forum?

I've never read twitter or facebook.
    Well, then you will see a post on it when it's going to be released, won't you?

Unless of course you happen to stumble upon one of the posts on the forums by people that use twitter, facebook, twitch or instagram or whatever other media they use to advertise something.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I admit I'm not really a fan of those strut pieces on the side. Almost makes it look like those are landing legs or something, and makes it look a bit more bug like. If those can be removed via ship tailor, it might have more of a submarine feel to it.

On those they're going for the hydrofoil look, i.e landing and/or hydroplaning on water.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-KcIiEEMyQ
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    I admit they do look a bit like a hydrofoil thing. Which would add to the maritime feel. I mean... look at the previous Risian ships. The Corvette was a catamaran, the cruiser is a combination trimaran and cruise ship, now this.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    I voted for it...I'm happy, all I can say is I hope it has nice stats...maybe a decent console and trait
This discussion has been closed.