test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New D7 (TOS) skin in game is gorgeous!

captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,627 Arc User
A big thank you to the dev team folks who did the work on updating the classic D7/K'tinga models!

The TOS D7 model is an absolutely spot on screen perfect rendition from the series. It is absolutely fantastic! THANK YOU!
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    pattonj324pattonj324 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    You're talking about it and you don't post a picture?!?

My Gorn is using the K'Tinga, she sure is pretty. Two thumbs up. Five starts. Will return.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    Its a little odd that the Kelvin D7 doesn't have access to the new hull materials. I believe the Kelvin Connie does Fed side.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    warmonger360warmonger360 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    can't dispute the OP. they did right by K'tinga. it's a far cry from what it used to be, with a too short/thick neck and too thick nacelles. the alpha skin, outside the capt's table station, in that light is extremely close to the eaglemoss K'tinga. there is one quibble I have with it. on the ventral side of the eng hull, there are 2 lights. just in front of those are 2 nodules. those are disruptors. cannon fire should not come from the nacelles, as the do in the TOS D7. either way, now I don't have to play the $7d version
    WE SURVIVE!

aut vincere aut mori pro imperio
    either to conquer or to die for the Empire
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    I am more in love with the K'Tinga. When I was a kid, I actually build one of those AMT kits of it. A friend of mine had that one, too. He assembled it better, but after seeing my paint job, he offered me his so I wolud paint it. In retrospect, my original paint scheme was not as good as the one I did on his one. (Still nothing extraordinary or accurate, but... good enough. Especially considering that the kit's instruction were in english, and I had no idea how to get the specific colors they mentioned there. Just got a lot of Revell Gray tones... It was worse for the Galaxy Class... What the frack is "Duck Egg Blue" supposed to be?)
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Its a little odd that the Kelvin D7 doesn't have access to the new hull materials. I believe the Kelvin Connie does Fed side.
    I am not sure, but I think all that was only added with the Legendary Bundle.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    You talk about a Klingon ship and use gorgeous rather than glorious.
    tumblr_ppehjrxCBW1vtu5qe_400.jpg
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
  • Options
    aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User

Best post of the week! B)

BTW: I fully agree!!!
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
  • Options
    theantisainttheantisaint Member Posts: 170 Arc User

Indeed...there is nothing fluffy about a Warrior's ship! They are glorious instruments of death.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User

10/10.

Nicely done.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User

To this day his eyes always freaks my mother out. XD
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    personally, this one is way worse

8356023d1ff72a042d1e22aabaedb2c5.png​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,646 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    The rebuilt D-7 (with Alpha and Beta)/K't'inga and Refit are very nice. The component customizations are extremely welcome.

I noted the struts connecting the nacelles to the main hull are not separate components. But considered a part of the main hull itself. The starship name appears somewhere on this hull depending upon which hull you choose. The Klingon font and number of letters seems the same. From one ship to another. I don't think it actually translates our name of choice from English? I wish it would. Like the Alliance battlecruiser does. We just don't need an English version on hulls is this instance.

Also, fleet logos are not yet making it to the hull when selected.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • Options
    fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    Now how about a T6 D7/Ktinga fort zen?
  • Options
    warmonger360warmonger360 Member Posts: 524 Arc User

or, a token for same for existing ships, from T5u to 6. you'll still get the D7 skin from the tailor
    WE SURVIVE!

aut vincere aut mori pro imperio
    either to conquer or to die for the Empire
  • Options
    joshmauljoshmaul Member Posts: 519 Arc User

Probably in a legendary pack, just like the T6 Connie and T6 Romulan BoP.
    TW1sr57.jpg
    "There's No Way Like Poway!"

Real Join Date: October 2010
  • Options
    captainbrian11captainbrian11 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    honestly annoys me they didn't take the oppertunity to release a legendary D7 on the C store. I'd have bought it in a flash
  • Options
    wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    I'd love a KDF legendary pack with: D7, B'rel, Vor'cha, Bortasqu' (and Mat'ha though I know that's a longshot).
  • Options
    joshmauljoshmaul Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    honestly annoys me they didn't take the oppertunity to release a legendary D7 on the C store. I'd have bought it in a flash

Well, this is only part 1 of the "Year of Klingon". If I had to guess, the legendary will be in part 2. Maybe. Possibly. Conceivably.
    TW1sr57.jpg
    "There's No Way Like Poway!"

Real Join Date: October 2010
  • Options
    I'd love a KDF legendary pack with: D7, B'rel, Vor'cha, Bortasqu' (and Mat'ha though I know that's a longshot).

Probably going to have D7, Kelvin D7, Discovery D7, B'Rel, Vor'cha, Negh'var, and Bortasqu.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »

Probably going to have D7, Kelvin D7, Discovery D7, B'Rel, Vor'cha, Negh'var, and Bortasqu.

I could live without the Kelvin D7 and either/or with the Vor'cha or Negh'var to keep the cost lower...a 5-pack at a lower cost than the FED Legendary pack would be optimal in my mind.

• Options
    The Kelvin D7 is actually a pretty good ship. I got a beam build on mine, and I love how she uses the Discovery Klingon cloak animations.
    I wouldn't take her experimental weapon into the Briar Patch though.
This discussion has been closed.