test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tier 6 coupon or 1000 Lobi - what is your choice?

questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
Having finished the requirements today i am faced with the choice between either a coupon for a T6 ship + 200 lobi or 1000 lobi.

Not sure which i shall choose at this time. Which of these did you choose (and which ship)?
This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• lasoniolasonio Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    The lobi is worth far mor then the T6.

But that depends on your interpretation of worth and how much you value it. Also I look at it from a biased point of view since I have all the T6 ships in the cstore available to my faction I desire and I also have two maybe 3 T6 coupons already.

Think of it as long term vs short term investment. If there is a single T6 ship in the store you want and actually is available to be purchased with this token then the immediate purchase would have more value. Where as the lobi no matter what will purchase any ship that becomes available for lobi immediately without an exclusion. So if they release a stunning t6 ship in the lobi store you can purchase it without restrictions.

Also you can use the lobi to get a few exclusive items that aren't available any other way or as a stand in for EC for a ship you can't afford right now but you need to finish a set s you can get a certain effect or a certain pet.
    Even god rested. No work ethic.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    Kind of in the same situation. Almost have the full inventory, with the exception of the AoY/Dominion ships which do not interest me.

The lobi purchases are only for a single character though.

That said the plasma storm console is very tempting with my science heavy builds.
    Decisions 2x.

Still interested in what others opted for and for which reasons.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    t6 / 200 :) Was my choice.
    I do not get alot of single char ships, due to the fact that they arent account unlock ships.
    I would sooner make my free ship a c-store ship.
  • fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    Being a casual who doesn't do lockboxes I bought out the kobiyashi maru event and took the lobi while the sale was on. Got me a nice haul of good consoles I'd never be able to get otherwise which is worth more than a free ship to me.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I took the 1,000 Lobi. I still have the two Free T6 Coupons. I have all the C-Store Ships. The one Ship I didn't have recently, the Batlh, I ended up getting in that Groupees Promotion. It simply stayed (and still is) in the New Tab too long.

The 1,000 could be spent on numerous items that are Bound to Character that you will not find on the Exchange. Also, if you have trouble amassing more than a Billion EC, you may be able to pick up one of those Promotion Ships that they add to the Lobi Store for a Weekend. They will, when added, cost 960 Lobi.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    reyan01 wrote: »
    To be honest, it kinda depends on where you are at in the game in my opinion

Completely agreed.

While it's absolutely true that the Lobi is far more valuable, the answer to the question depends on the player. For a long time player or a player with a fair assortment of C-Store ships, the Lobi is the best option.

If I'm a new player though, the choice is likely different. If I didn't own any C-Store ships and I was looking to start building up my ships to optimize their output then I would use the Coupon on a T6 ship like the Arbiter that has a trait that would benefit my entire account (at least on the Fed/Fed Rom side.) As I said in another thread, my path if I were new would be use the Coupon on the Arbiter, get the trait and then use the reputation fleet modules on a Gagarin.

For me, a player with a wide assortment of C-Store ships with access to pretty much all past event items the Lobi Option was a pure 'no brainer.' This however, doesn't mean the obvious choice for me applies to everyone.

On that topic though.. I advise people carefully consider what they do with their Lobi. The temptation is to grab a shiny ship for 900 Lobi, but that's not necessarily the best option. Remember, these ships are all available on the exchange for a few hundred million. There are some nice items in the Lobi store that are bound on pick up and cannot be obtained any other way but Lobi. Some examples are ground gear like the Discovery Rifle, Herald Staff, Boolean Cannon etc. You also have some great space gear like Bio-Neural Infusion Circuits, Tachyokinetic Converter, The Altamid Swarm set, and a few others. None of these items can be purchased with EC, you can only get them with Lobi.. an otherwise very expensive currency.

Think carefully before you use 900 of that precious currency on a ship you an buy off the exchange with a little time and EC grinding. A Lobi ship might seem like the obvious option.. but in my opinion, that is not the way to go. :wink:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    lobi, have pretty much all the c-store ships I want, just waiting on a sale to get the tal shair battlecruser for my lib borg rom and probably get the rest of the temporal for my temporal.

personally I hope they do this or something like it again.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    reyan01 wrote: »
    To be honest, it kinda depends on where you are at in the game in my opinion

Completely agreed.

While it's absolutely true that the Lobi is far more valuable, the answer to the question depends on the player. For a long time player or a player with a fair assortment of C-Store ships, the Lobi is the best option.

If I'm a new player though, the choice is likely different. If I didn't own any C-Store ships and I was looking to start building up my ships to optimize their output then I would use the Coupon on a T6 ship like the Arbiter that has a trait that would benefit my entire account (at least on the Fed/Fed Rom side.) As I said in another thread, my path if I were new would be use the Coupon on the Arbiter, get the trait and then use the reputation fleet modules on a Gagarin.

For me, a player with a wide assortment of C-Store ships with access to pretty much all past event items the Lobi Option was a pure 'no brainer.' This however, doesn't mean the obvious choice for me applies to everyone.

On that topic though.. I advise people carefully consider what they do with their Lobi. The temptation is to grab a shiny ship for 900 Lobi, but that's not necessarily the best option. Remember, these ships are all available on the exchange for a few hundred million. There are some nice items in the Lobi store that are bound on pick up and cannot be obtained any other way but Lobi. Some examples are ground gear like the Discovery Rifle, Herald Staff, Boolean Cannon etc. You also have some great space gear like Bio-Neural Infusion Circuits, Tachyokinetic Converter, The Altamid Swarm set, and a few others. None of these items can be purchased with EC, you can only get them with Lobi.. an otherwise very expensive currency.

Think carefully before you use 900 of that precious currency on a ship you an buy off the exchange with a little time and EC grinding. A Lobi ship might seem like the obvious option.. but in my opinion, that is not the way to go. :wink:

I have to agree as well.

For example, my primary toon would benefit most from the Lobi at it is always best because there is so much more for her to do with it. After all she has most ships in game and I never really fly them more than enough to level and sadly all of the really good ships I would be inclined on using for other toons are single toon which really sucks. I have purchased all but 6 of the ships in the Z Store just to support Cryptic and will get those soon enough but I never use them at all.

I try very hard to think of it as a very expensive subscription fee which is why I get so vexed with the tech support and its inability to solve issues or even give me back lost resources. They really should be kissing my backside to say the least given how much I waste on this game but sadly there are no others I like and I loathe F2P as a business model. Nonetheless I'm a 50 year ST fan and Cryptics version of F2P is better than most all things considered so I cope until there is another ST MMO option available for me to support but I digress...
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
  • guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    I took the lobi. I wanted the Son'a ship for quite some time, so this was perfect for me.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    I will be leaving it in the box for a while on both accounts, though I have a character I am seriously thinking of getting the Iktomi for. There are plenty of c-store ships left to get that I am interested in too but I don't plan on making a decision right away.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    Lobi rocks for me.

Sold a lobi ship, made a killing on exchange, finally got my Kelvin Destroyer.

As Seth Green from the obnoxious Rally's commercial from the early 90's would say

CHING!
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    Lobi all the way. The dollar amount it would take to get 1k lobi far exceeds $30.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • ishigami2ishigami2 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    I went with the Lobi as I own most of the Zen ships that matter to me already due to steady Zen income by the LTS and still got an unused token anyway.

Now I just wait for a Lobi sale to get some of the consoles and costumes for my side characters.

I plan to buy a Tachyokinetic Converter and Bioneural Infusion Circuits for my Tac.
    I also want to give my Tac the Wells Uniform.
    Both my Tac and Sci will get the Borg Exoskeletal Frame.

My Eng is main and has all of that already.

During a 30% sale that is 700 lobi, as I have 1,2k I still got room to equip either my Klingon or my Romulan with the same.
    I tend to go with the Klingon.
  • mikewallace#2209 mikewallace Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    Silly question. How did you guys complete the entire campaign already? There is one last pending and greyed out. Of course you can use TFO tokens (which I have a bunch as well) but where do you skip? I was able to use tokens in individual events but not teh entire campaign.

My event store is greyed out and even though I have enough tokens to finish another event it does not give me an option to buy the "entire" campaign. Thanks!
    Silly question. How did you guys complete the entire campaign already? There is one last pending and greyed out. Of course you can use TFO tokens (which I have a bunch as well) but where do you skip? I was able to use tokens in individual events but not teh entire campaign.

My event store is greyed out and even though I have enough tokens to finish another event it does not give me an option to buy the "entire" campaign. Thanks!

I've just done the daily thing every day. I didn't use any tokens or buyouts. I can't remember if there were any double credit weekends early on.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    You don't buy out the Campaign you use the Tokens to complete a TFO earlier. If you still participate every day for the Event you still get participation credit per day. Say you used 14 Tokens for a TFO. That would give you 700 points toward the 2,800 for the Campaign. If you still participate for all 21 days, you would get another 1,050 points for a total of 1,750 for just one TFO.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    ltminns wrote: »
    You don't buy out the Campaign you use the Tokens to complete a TFO earlier. If you still participate every day for the Event you still get participation credit per day. Say you used 14 Tokens for a TFO. That would give you 700 points toward the 2,800 for the Campaign. If you still participate for all 21 days, you would get another 1,050 points for a total of 1,750 for just one TFO.

Yeah, that's the key: keep doing the daily even after you get that event's prize. You still get campaign credit plus bonus dilithium.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    I thought it just awarded campaign progress when you completed an event. Looks like it does that during each event mission run even if you complete the current event campaign. Oh well, one more event to go. Also I have no clue what I want to pick right now. Neither lobbi or Z store stuff are interesting me at the moment.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • revanindustriesrevanindustries Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    I’ll be getting the Lobi. Probably pick up the Disco rifle for one of my toons. Or I’ll hold it until they drop a promo ship back in the store and make a nice profit off the exchange (Unless it’s the Disco D7, which is currently the next ship I am working toward)
    nimbull wrote: »
    I thought it just awarded campaign progress when you completed an event. Looks like it does that during each event mission run even if you complete the current event campaign. Oh well, one more event to go. Also I have no clue what I want to pick right now. Neither lobbi or Z store stuff are interesting me at the moment.

Yes, campaign process is awarded each mission/day. So even after you get the reward for each individual event, you can keep getting campaign progress as long as the even is active.

And if you aren't sure what you want...wait for a sale :)

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    I went Lobi as there currently isn't a must have T6 C-Store ship. Ended up getting a Vengeance for my TOS character who is basically a Battleship. Kinda flies a bit better than her Atlas.
    For the record, Arizona is, RP wise, actually a Fleet of Fog battleship, so themeaticly the Vengeance fits her. Also if Cryptic figures out how to account unlock lockbox/lobi ships, my Feds are pretty well set.

Would have loved to work towards a Disco D7 for my KDF. Would be a great upgrade from her Blackguard, but... with everyone getting Lobi ships the market kinda crashed a bit. Well... its a project I guess.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    I wound up going for lobi. Plus at the time I finished, there was also a lobi sale, so with that 1k plus what I allready had at the time, I was able to get a few ships. Though I could have also gone 2 ships + a few costumes if I so chose.
    Lobi all the way. The dollar amount it would take to get 1k lobi far exceeds $30.

I very much have to agree with that.

Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Sold a lobi ship, made a killing on exchange, finally got my Kelvin Destroyer.

How delightfully hypocritical of you considering all the flak you have given others over the years for doing this very thing.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • jagdtier44jagdtier44 Member Posts: 376 Arc User
    Went with the 1000 lobi and going to buy some consoles on the next lobi sale. Zen ships can be bought, lobi ships can be bought with keys for EC, can only get consoles with lobi and it costs a ton to get 1000.
  • fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    jagdtier44 wrote: »
    Went with the 1000 lobi and going to buy some consoles on the next lobi sale. Zen ships can be bought, lobi ships can be bought with keys for EC, can only get consoles with lobi and it costs a ton to get 1000.

That was my thinking aswell. But it was a close thing, REALLY wanted to get a lobi ship to make EC to buy a D7 but the consoles are worth far more in the long run and was able to get full altamid set aswell.

• strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    I think both options are nice, especially for new players, cause there many might enjoy the T6 coupon far more...
    0zxlclk.png
This discussion has been closed.