test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Any news on when summer event is coming

Comments

• Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    A stack is running about 16 Million EC a few days ago. It's only going to get cheaper when the Event is on. I had 22k of them last Event and really earned nothing much new. Just to get my newest Character a Floater, Kit Modules, Doffs, and Boff Manuals, I was left with some 4.5k.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    I start with maybe 6000 but sell them when the event is announced to force myself to participate and rebuild my supply. It is the best source of income for me the whole year. I never sold omegas.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    markb1975markb1975 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    No Risa event this year? I will be a sad puppy in my red angel suit.
  • Options
    solidshark214solidshark214 Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    markb1975 wrote: »
    No Risa event this year? I will be a sad puppy in my red angel suit.

They mention that consoles will be getting the Red Angel event after the Lolhunat Festival, so it does appear to still be planned. Besides, there's still the matter of the summer ship, whose design we already know. Be odd for them to cancel the event that awards that.
  • Options
    joshmauljoshmaul Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    lnblade wrote: »
    Maybe we'll get Picard and Rios' pimp outfits from when they visited Nar Shaddaa, I mean Freecloud.

I wouldn't mind that. Rios made that hat look good.
    TW1sr57.jpg
    "There's No Way Like Poway!"

Real Join Date: October 2010
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    The Risian Government has cancelled their Risian Summer Festival due to an unknown pandemic spreading across the vacation planet. :P
  • Options
    It has been determined that the unknown disease on Risa was propagated by Subspace Party Amplifiers. Now all those that kept going to Risa in EV Suits turned out not being Trolls but were protecting themselves from unknown diseases. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    ltminns wrote: »
    It has been determined that the unknown disease on Risa was propagated by Subspace Party Amplifiers. Now all those that kept going to Risa in EV Suits turned out not being Trolls but were protecting themselves from unknown diseases. :)

Watch out for those little green Orion Space Fleas. Those things get into places you least expect, and they can carry and spread the pandemic that originally came in on a shipment of Party Amplifiers. Those Red Angel suits are particularly vulnerable with all of the time traveling they do. They could potentially contaminate the timeline in multiple time periods.
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    jcsww wrote: »
    The Risian Government has cancelled their Risian Summer Festival due to an unknown pandemic spreading across the vacation planet. :P

*Lays out on one of the beach chairs, out in the sun, no mask and in her best swim wear*
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    There has been an announcement, posted by Nagus, in another thread, that the Summer Event this year will run at the same time as the console Summer Event. That will start after the Red Angel event.
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    If a dev is watching.. 4 words... Beach Volleyball and Golf
    Spock.jpg

• Options

maybe some different species of sand crabs as well for pet collecting or even fishing.
  • Options
    redwatchmanredwatchman Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    The event is just delayed by everything going on in the real world. It will be after the event that runs for the red angel suit.
  • Options
    The Event is delayed to pick up some cash at the beginning of the Fiscal Quarter with a new Lockbox and associated Key Sale. ;)
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    No Summer

Winter.jpg
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • Options
    chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User

maybe some different species of sand crabs as well for pet collecting or even fishing.

Given Risa's reputation, when I read "sand crabs" I was thinking the other kind of crabs. Like Cupid's Crickets.
  • Options
    casualstocasualsto Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    Imagine doing the daily summer event with an environment suit on... To stay safe against Elachi gas.
  • Options
    There were a number of chuckleheads that were on Risa in those cheap EV Suits. Would stand on the dance floor. A couple of times a number of them at once. I assume they were from 'that' Fleet.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options

Given Risa's reputation, when I read "sand crabs" I was thinking the other kind of crabs. Like Cupid's Crickets.

Only if you have those secret meetings with that Orion in the cave high up the cliff. (;
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »

"Oh no, we don't wear EV suits to keep out the plague. We wear them to keep the plague contained within!'
  • Options
    edited June 2020

Only if you have those secret meetings with that Orion in the cave high up the cliff. (;

What do you mean "secret"? I was streaming the whole thing on TwitchTV last time, with a link to GoFundMe, (gotta pay for that LTS somehow)

• Options

What do you mean "secret"? I was streaming the whole thing on TwitchTV last time, with a link to GoFundMe, (gotta pay for that LTS somehow)

Ahhh. Then you definitely need to check out the Aenar in the cave under the dead volcano. The things she can do with those antenna...
  • Options
    theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    siotaylor wrote: »
    Risa is cancelled this year due to social distancing requirements.

*Runs about Risa, with no masks, chatting with the locals.*

Romulan Beach Commander says "Not cool" for we all want to have a cool time on Risa B)

screenshot-2020-06-28-19-29-42.jpg
  • Options

OR Charlie Sheen..... >_>
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    siotaylor wrote: »
    Risa is cancelled this year due to social distancing requirements.

*Runs about Risa, with no masks, chatting with the locals.*

Romulan Beach Commander says "Not cool" for we all want to have a cool time on Risa B)

screenshot-2020-06-28-19-29-42.jpg

Never wore a mask, me fine. :p

*looks for her best swim wear.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    When will lolnuts festival begin? We are reliably informed that it will "begin on Jube 32nd" (sic)
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,471 Arc User
    When will lolnuts festival begin? We are reliably informed that it will "begin on Jube 32nd" (sic)

After the Red Angel Event.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    sthe91 wrote: »

I hope so, but there is a lot of chatter about the ship not being up to standards and the event being cancelled, hence the push of the Year of the Klingon way earlier than expected. I sure hope what I saw in the in-game chat was wrong, but it sounded legit from people who should know.
  • Options
    Based on posts from Cryptic on Jubeteenth. ;)
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    sthe91 wrote: »

I hope so, but there is a lot of chatter about the ship not being up to standards and the event being cancelled, hence the push of the Year of the Klingon way earlier than expected. I sure hope what I saw in the in-game chat was wrong, but it sounded legit from people who should know.

Honestly I'd consider anything heard in in-game chat to be suspect unless they can point to announcement by Cryptic that at least implies that they say, especially when it comes to negative things like an event cancellation.

Also ships take months to do, it wouldn't be surprise me at all if the stats of the summer ship had been worked on since before the pandemic, the idea that Cryptic would keep saying "summer event is coming" this close to the event if they knew it wasn't just seems illogical to me (illogical as in "it makes no sense for them to act this way" not illogical as in "emotional").
This discussion has been closed.