test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Any news on when summer event is coming

13»

Comments

• eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,980 Arc User
    Guys the Summer event was announced in the red angel blog. The summer event will take place on both pc and console after the red angel event. So that could mean either it will start on the same day the red angel event ends (July 30) or it will start 08/04 or 08/06. The red angel event will take place on console after the summer event.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    eazzie wrote: »
    Guys the Summer event was announced in the red angel blog. The summer event will take place on both pc and console after the red angel event. So that could mean either it will start on the same day the red angel event ends (July 30) or it will start 08/04 or 08/06. The red angel event will take place on console after the summer event.

Yeah I know, it's what I meant when I said that Cryptic told us "the summer event is coming", if they were aware that it would be cancelled they would have known about when that blog came out (or at least had inclination that it might happen) and would have not included that part. In company the size of Cryptic pretty much nothing happens that fast.

There's so many steps a thing must go thru that them going from "it's coming after this event" to "no it's not coming at all" in at most a week seems highly unlikely.

While the part in the news section didn't outright mention the summer event for PC, it did mention it for the console and seeing as the event is probably not changed all that lot it seems likely it would be coming to PC as well.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,980 Arc User
    spiritborn wrote: »
    eazzie wrote: »

While the part in the news section didn't outright mention the summer event for PC, it did mention it for the console and seeing as the event is probably not changed all that lot it seems likely it would be coming to PC as well.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11464293-become-the-red-angel

Summer event mentioned here ,,,,, This is a special event for our next content drop, and is not part of Event Campaign II. You'll be able to try out all of this new content in a little less than a week on PC, and after the Risian Lolhunat Festival on Console. We hope you enjoy this special event, Captains, and we'll see you in game.
    "This is a special event for our next content drop, and is not part of Event Campaign II. You'll be able to try out all of this new content in a little less than a week on PC, and after the Risian Lolhunat Festival on Console. We hope you enjoy this special event, Captains, and we'll see you in game."

Emphasis mine. My point there is that while it doesn't directly mention the PC side event, it does mention the console side event and seeing as the rewards for both are essentially the same, it doesn't seem logical that the console event would go on as planned and the PC side event was cancelled, especially if the justification for the cancellation is "the reward ship wasn't up to par".

Essentially the argument for the cancellation seems to hinge on the idea that Cryptic's main purpose in existence is to ruin the fun of the players and if they get money while doing so it's considered a bonus.
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
  • starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,184 Arc User

Probably will be a FALL event since they are about to miss summer already? YIKES​​
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    foxman00 wrote: »

Thanks for sharing that, foxman, but I am seriously annoyed that they post announcements of this importance on Twitter and not on the forums. Do they seriously think that everyone is on social media? Do they not understand that the demographic most likely to be enthusiastic about Star Trek is also the demographic least likely to use Twatter and other social media?
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User

Probably will be a FALL event since they are about to miss summer already? YIKES​​

Its a lil bit sucky but better late than never. On the bright side it might fall in my vacation time so I have more time to gawk at smokebailey in her best swimwear (without a mask ;) ).
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    yeah, it's interesting - they have moved it later the past 2 years. I forgot and thought it was just last year:

June 5 - July 17, 2014
    June 4 - July 16, 2015
    June 9 - July 21, 2016
    June 8 - July 20, 2017
    July 3 - August 16, 2018
    July 2 - August 15, 2019

We shall see if it's still close to 6 weeks. I don't have a strong guess about that. Could there also be a week off from the 25th to the 2nd??

Let's not forget that the summer event last year was the last one to use the event reputation. They might have needed time to figure out what stuff they want to include in order to provide alternative means besides flying high to give credit for the event system. Remember, we have the following activities that happen during summer:

- Flying High (Original means of getting the summer ship progess)
    - Dance Party
    - Powerboard Race
    - Biathalon
    - Horga'hn hunt
    - Artifact Scavenger Hunt (I'm not sure if this one will be included as its not my particular favorite plus it can be confusing where to go)

I'd say a lot of people might enjoy the Dance Party or Powerboard Race as something fun to mix the ship progress collection up.

You forgot Build a Sandcastle.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
    > @starcruiser#3423 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Probably will be a FALL event since they are about to miss summer already? YIKES​​

August is still summer, at least for us Finns.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    spiritborn wrote: »
    jcsww wrote: »
    sthe91 wrote: »
    When will lolnuts festival begin? We are reliably informed that it will "begin on Jube 32nd" (sic)

After the Red Angel Event.

I hope so, but there is a lot of chatter about the ship not being up to standards and the event being cancelled, hence the push of the Year of the Klingon way earlier than expected. I sure hope what I saw in the in-game chat was wrong, but it sounded legit from people who should know.

Honestly I'd consider anything heard in in-game chat to be suspect unless they can point to announcement by Cryptic that at least implies that they say, especially when it comes to negative things like an event cancellation.

Also ships take months to do, it wouldn't be surprise me at all if the stats of the summer ship had been worked on since before the pandemic, the idea that Cryptic would keep saying "summer event is coming" this close to the event if they knew it wasn't just seems illogical to me (illogical as in "it makes no sense for them to act this way" not illogical as in "emotional").

It isn't any game chat though, not that I cam going to name the chat, but still. There is a lot more to it as well, which really isn't appropriate to disclose on the forums. Even more so, if true. Time will tell.

I enjoy the Summer Events to some degree though so I hope they still do continue this year.
This discussion has been closed.