Options

Vote for the 2020 Summer Ship!

Comments

• Options
    hylia#6092 hylia Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    ship number 1 for me
  • Options
    sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
    Four, closely followed by three. The other two are hideous.
  • Options
    magnusravenmagnusraven Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Dislike them all, hard pass.
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    1 for the submarine type look to her
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User
      Number four because its submarine/whale look fits the Risa style rather well, closely followed by number one.

Number two looks too fragile though the overall shape is not bad, and number three looks like a dog chew toy on top of the fact that the Akira-style twin boom thing has been done to death already.

It makes a lot of sense that Risa would build ships designed for water landings more than dry land.
    • Options
      ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
      3. The pictures and drawings don't do any of them justice, really.
      'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
      Judge Dan Haywood
      'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
      l don't know.
      l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
      That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
      Lt. Philip J. Minns
    • Options
      wewarren68wewarren68 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
      If possible I want #1 with hanger pets like #4. After all, when you think Science Ship (modern), they must have remote drones or small subs with them.
    • Options
      a3001a3001 Member Posts: 1,132 Arc User
      I think i found a way to "fix" the survey; disable adblockers and anti-viruses
      Rejoice JJ Trek people....

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10052253

Why are you not rejoicing?
    • Options
      athan#5519 athan Member Posts: 78 Arc User
      Wait... so these designs weren't a late a late April fools joke? I kinda thought so because of the initial concept art looking like it was drawn by elementary/middle school kids. Isn't there dedicated ship artists like the ones that did the Vorgon carrier doing this type of initial concept work? I hope I'm not offending anyone. I'm just shocked at the initial paper concept art to 3d model art.
    • Options
      casbynesscasbyness Member Posts: 171 Arc User
      Even if it doesn't win, I really, really hope 4 is made sometime. It's a freaking blue whale in space, I LOVE that design!

Imagine flying it to the Whale Probe for a chat lol...
    • Options
      markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
      athan#5519 wrote: »
      Wait... so these designs weren't a late a late April fools joke? I kinda thought so because of the initial concept art looking like it was drawn by elementary/middle school kids. Isn't there dedicated ship artists like the ones that did the Vorgon carrier doing this type of initial concept work? I hope I'm not offending anyone. I'm just shocked at the initial paper concept art to 3d model art.
      The actual ship artists were intentionally excluded because they wanted to do something different. Then one of the actual artists took the raw concepts and made them into actual concept art.
      -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
      My character Tsin'xing
      Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    • Options
      odinson3litzmanodinson3litzman Member Posts: 1 Arc User
      edited May 2020
      The actual ship artists were intentionally excluded because they wanted to do something different. Then one of the actual artists took the raw concepts and made them into actual concept art.

Really? Then i'd highly recommend firing them because these are the ugliest ships I have seen in a while. They reek of "easy money" in the "artists" minds.
      Also it seems like a number of people here are the same kind of people that are impressed and in awe of a catwalk model walking up in literal garbage bags...

I understand these are still concept stage artwork. But if that's the concept, you might as well just have kept the drawings...
    • Options
      sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,471 Arc User

Really? Then i'd highly recommend firing them because these are the ugliest ships I have seen in a while. They reek of "easy money" in the "artists" minds.
      Also it seems like a number of people here are the same kind of people that are impressed and in awe of a catwalk model walking up in literal garbage bags...

I understand these are still concept stage artwork. But if that's the concept, you might as well just have kept the drawings...

I am glad you are not my boss, you scare me! Firing people because you do not like the designs of the ships is wrong! What is wrong with you?! Also, there is nothing wrong with people liking one or more of these ships or in your case not liking them at all. I disagree that these are the ''ugliest'', those already exist in-game according to some people.
      Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
    • Options
      seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
      Just FYI, they already announced on facebook that design #1 won.

Here is a breakdown of the voting.
      Insert witty signature line here.
    • Options
      futilepurposefutilepurpose Member Posts: 23 Arc User
      i feel sorry for everyone who voted for #1... haha congratul... whatever
    • Options
      stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
      My goodness, all of those designs are hideous. My question is why must they all look like boats?

These are Risian native starships, so I assume. They should branch away from the boat theme.

Well I had to vote and the only two that were less hideous were choices 1 & 2, and it was tough to choose the least ugliest design from the 2.

So I chose 1 - at least it resembles something of a starship - perhaps a carrier looking design in which the flying tampax called the Jupiter should have at least looked like. Because design number 1 definitely beats the Tampax design of the Jupiter.

Please at least make design number 1 a carrier with 2 hanger bays.
      StarTrekIronMan.jpg
    • Options
      fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
      Lets not forget the tv show Star Blazers - ARGO - Space Battleship that not only floated in water, traveled in space but also served as a submarine. LOL
    • Options
      jediwolfkkhjediwolfkkh Member Posts: 10 Arc User

I liked them all but went with number 1. I'm still hoping it will turn out to be a carrier with secondary deflector
    • Options
      strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
      While I voted for #3 first, and #2 was my second choice...
      I liked them all but went with number 1. I'm still hoping it will turn out to be a carrier with secondary deflector

Still given that #1 won, it certainly would be wonderful to see the larger SCI Ship from Risa certainly be a Carrier!

It might also be nice to learn some of the new Fashion, or Items the TEAM may have in store... ...hopefully in the near future they'll provide or share a details!
      0zxlclk.png
    • Options
      theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
      predcon wrote: »
      I like Christian's, it looks a lot like what I thought the Risian cruiser was going to be. Especially with the rumors going around that there would be a micro Risa biome inside where you could wear your swim stuff and all.

Talk is cheap :p

Would be REALLY awesome though. Checked out the interior for the Risa Cruiser few days ago and almost threw up being greeted by a random KDF BOP bridge.

Not that there is anything seriously wrong with the KDF BOP bridges (...unlike with the payed Constitution TOS bridge bugfest) but its such a massive contrast to the joyful summerflair cruiseship.

My vote goes to which ever gets the most kick-behind interior which hopefully can be added to all Risa ships.
    • Options
      ageroth1ageroth1 Member Posts: 129 Arc User
      I went with #2 myself. The biodome is a wonderful idea. I'd like to have the option of different biomes in there and be able to go in and actually enjoy the selected biome, though that's a long shot, of course.

One idea I'd definitely love to see implemented is some sort of underwater component to Risa, that makes use of these ships. Diving gear, etc.. Of course, that'd be something to consider for next year.
    • Options
      beldamen#9038 beldamen Member Posts: 1 New User
      they're all fantastic, but do you ever run competitions where people can submit their own designs?
    • Options
      markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
      they're all fantastic, but do you ever run competitions where people can submit their own designs?
      They did that for the Ent-F design contest, but it went badly and was a case study in the legal hurdles of contests.
      -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
      My character Tsin'xing
      Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    • Options
      theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
      They did that for the Ent-F design contest, but it went badly and was a case study in the legal hurdles of contests.

A matter of perspective; we did got a lot of fine ship art designs and AFAIK even one or two other ships based on those later down the line.

Also I love my Ody ;)

I just wish I could use the original skin; the one without the Aquarius.
    • Options
      phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User
      valoreah wrote: »

I would not say it went badly. We wound up getting the Odyssey class out of it. Not saying this is the case with you specifically, however it seems to me the only people feeling it went badly were those who supported a design that did not win.

They got the Odyssey but it was an unexpectedly difficult and expensive legal hassle to do so, so much so that the person in charge of that contest said never again, ever. And they have remained true to that decision, everything since has been either internally designed or came from canon show designs they have the right to use via the license from CBS.
    • Options
      gulwinkygulwinky Member Posts: 1 Arc User
      edited July 2020
      really??? those are what the choices are??? wow.... just wow... sigh.... those dont even look like thamgz that were orhave been... they are like freeking NABO SHIPS FROM SWG!!!! star wars .... not very trekky there, are YOU SURE JJABRIAMS IS NOT SUBMITTIN THOSE UNDER ALIEAS'S????

edit added.... WHEN IS THE SUMMER EVENT GUNNA START??? sigh
      and why exacatly does the other one have to end first???
    • Options
      dom#7122 dom Member Posts: 3 Arc User
      So which ship design won?

Ship 1
      Ship 2
      Ship 3
      or ship 4
    • Options
      angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
      dom#7122 wrote: »
      So which ship design won?

Ship 1
      Ship 2
      Ship 3
      or ship 4

Ship 1 won. It was the most generic design out of the candidates, but the final design looks nice enough pig-1.gif I'm wondering how big it will be, as even the corvette isn't really small, it's at least as big as a K'tinga. So this one might actually be a decently sized cruiser (gameplay wise it'll be a science ship)​​
      lFC4bt2.gif
      ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
      "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
      "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
      "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    This discussion has been closed.