test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Health Care Workers Salute Bundle

captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
"To honour all men and women who are fighting the good fight in a medical crisis, we present some Medical themed items to enjoy in your adventures. This can be claimed once per character on an account.

"Claiming this will grant the following:

Fed-Aligned Captains: Holographic Bashir Bridge Officer

Klingon Aligned Captains: Holographic Orion EMH Bridge Officer

Medical Tribute Vanity Shield

USS Hope Admiralty Card

Thank you for this offer :smiley:

But I have a question about it....

Is this a one character only deal, or it available to each of your characters that you log on and click this bundle (i.e. you have three characters, but you only clicked on it for two of them and then the third's out of luck because you didn't click the bundle for the third one after this is over)?

It definitely doesn't say it's account unlocked.

Comments

• Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    It's worded kinda awkward but you can claim it on every charcater.
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    My question here is. How are they going to actually handle the tribute? DS9's instance cap got lowered to 15 at the Omega/Anniversary event and hasn't been raised back up to the normal 20.

Are they going to raise the instance caps for this?
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,789 Arc User
    There is a slight error in the blog, it says Saturday the 17th.

Thank you for the pack and, although most are unlikely to read it, thanks of course to all health workers across the globe indeed.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Well, as someone who works in Healthcare (NHS, UK) I have to say I, for one, appreciate this gesture.

Thank you :)

Thank you for working in Healthcare :smiley:
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    Well, as someone who works in Healthcare (NHS, UK) I have to say I, for one, appreciate this gesture.

Keep up the good work.
    ELiZtOt.jpg
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    I think this is an awesome gesture by Cryptic!!!
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    It's an awesome gesture. I read the blog to say that it was per character, but I can see where some would misread it.

My best friend in Bristol also works in healthcare at the children's hospital as an HSE. She takes her germ-fighting very seriously too. I'll be sure to let her know to get this bundle as she'll appreciate it too.

Reyan, thank you for your service too, even if I'm not UK, I appreciate healthcare workers and all other essential workers all over the world.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    I work with testing for COVID -19 in hospitals and THANK you Devs for the kind gesture. Of course do not have much time to enjoy STO lately since we are pretty busy here but very nice for those who work on the frontlines of this worldwide pandemic. A nice break from reality.​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • Options
    vongravenvongraven Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    Amazing gesture and a really amazing bundle! Thank you very much, Cryptic! I really really appreciate some shiny vanity items and a new boff in m collection. Julian is great, glad to have him aboard.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I did notice KDF side that the EMH Boff is the same as in the Doctor EMH bundle. You can't even open the box if you have the other Orion holo-boff as a candidate. I'm not sure if the Fed side holo-docs have the same limitation.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    I did notice KDF side that the EMH Boff is the same as in the Doctor EMH bundle. You can't even open the box if you have the other Orion holo-boff as a candidate. I'm not sure if the Fed side holo-docs have the same limitation.

They won't because it's Holo Dr. Bashir and not the EMH Doctor. I am wondering the same as the OP. If this is account wide that will stay in promotions tab for future characters or is it temporary claim.

@ambassadorkael#6946 need more info.
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • Options
    cantrill1cantrill1 Member Posts: 47 Arc User

I too work in the NHS and really appreciate this

• Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,320 Arc User
    Put the vanity shield on a https://sto.gamepedia.com/To'Duj_Fighter and it reminds me of a rebel fighter from a different franchise..
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    @questerius

Z95_1.jpg
    The Z-95 headhunter?
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,320 Arc User
    I can neither confirm nor deny since that particular franchise must remain nameless on this board.. :wink:
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    Searching my clothes for medical uniform where did it go?!?!

Seriously though we need medical uniforms and medical ships I mean one day one of these bad guy npc's are going to get smart and release a virus on the alliance and they will be okay alliance launch the medical assault ships to combat this virus. Uhhhh Remember we got rid of those and built warships to kill people instead remember Admiral Quinn. Oh damnit J'mpok and D'tan what about you guys... well ummm we did what you did so we wouldn't look suspicious and end the alliance. So Cryptic J'ula has a super pandemic ready to launch at any time and you must build medical ships to stop them immediately! This gesture cannot end here! No farther! Especially being that we are on the edge of this cliff and we don't wanna die so there! Q's April winter getaway will not last forever so we must prepare for this! Get ready to grind!
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    My Romulan didn't get any bridge officer - fed aligned. normal?
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    lorandunlorandun Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    Nice move. A large thankyou to all these new front-line warriors. Usually its the military on the front lines, this is a different kind of war calling for a different class of warrior. Thank you all!

Qa'Pla!
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    lorandun wrote: »
    Pack is buggy. Claimed the pack, have no officer slots, selected Not Now on HoloBash and now he's poof gone entierly. Not in invo as an officer box.

Could be in your officers pool
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    iranoveryourdogiranoveryourdog Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    I now have 7 (seven) holo boffs that can't have their uniforms altered... Can the devs do something about that please? I spent a stupid amount of lobi to USE the uniform, not be told "You can't do that." every time I try to apply it to a boff.
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    Thanks for the health workers and thanks to Cryptic for another nice givaway.
    and for those asking yes every alt can claim..
    and I don't know if it's a glitch, but the Bashir hologram is re-nameable. one alt has Dr Who and one Doctor Hawkeye Pierce.
    Sadly you cannot just back down the {hologram] so it just Julian Bashir.

and if you are interested in the vanity shield:

medshield.jpg
    D7med.jpg
    Temproa-sci-med.jpg
    barsoom-after1.jpg
    scimi.jpg
    Spock.jpg

• Options

That doesn't sound normal, I've unlocked Bashir on my Fed-aligned Roms and Jem'Hadars (so far, I've been busy today, so I haven't gone through all my characters yet so I can't totally confirm there isn't any glitches).
  • Options
    gaevsman wrote: »
    lorandun wrote: »
    Pack is buggy. Claimed the pack, have no officer slots, selected Not Now on HoloBash and now he's poof gone entierly. Not in invo as an officer box.

Could be in your officers pool

I can confirm this. :)
  • Options

That doesn't sound normal, I've unlocked Bashir on my Fed-aligned Roms and Jem'Hadars (so far, I've been busy today, so I haven't gone through all my characters yet so I can't totally confirm there isn't any glitches).

Yeah, that must be a bug. All of my Fed-aligned Roms were able to recruit Bashir.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,379 Arc User

Same here. I'm an RN in Oklahoma City, Ok. This is very much appreciated.

I was wondering something similar: I see that it's per character, and I already claimed on one. But is it available indefinitely now? Or do I need to claim on all characters asap?
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • Options
    captainbrian11captainbrian11 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    your bridge officer slots might be full, if so you can check any pending bridge officer requests
  • Options
    djf021 wrote: »

I was wondering something similar: I see that it's per character, and I already claimed on one. But is it available indefinitely now? Or do I need to claim on all characters asap?

You can claim it on all characters.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • Options
    tymerstotymersto Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    [quote="reyan01;c-13589425"

Well there wasn't any countdown clock on it's C-Store listing like the Borg pack had. Though I would get it done on every character on your account that can (Rommies & Jems need to choose a Ally before they can claim) ASAP.
    I got about half of my account's Characters claimed today. I should be able to finish the rest tomorrow.
    STO CBT Player - 400 day+ Vet, Currently Silver
    Cryptic, would you actulaly like me to spend actual Money? It's Simple:
    • Full, Story-driven, select from start 1-50 Klingon Side
    • Scrap current Lock Box & Lobi system for something more reasonable
    • Expand Dil and Rep/Fleet Marks to regular story content
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »

You can claim it on all characters.
    Yeah I just did exactly that (well not literally all characters but all characters I use more then once in a blue moon).
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    That USS Hope is one heck of a Science Ship.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
This discussion has been closed.