test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

AFK Penalty for First Contact Day

grimoaldus1701grimoaldus1701 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
I got a penalty for no reason. I got oall the parts fired the rocket at the end and even got first place, but it still gave me a penalty and no reward! I would like my reward please. This AFK thing is silly.

Comments

• Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    Same here. :( I've heard similar complaints in channel too. Needs fixing.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Make sure you have a Backpack. It has been reported that if you don't get one at the start of the TFO, you are bugged and most likely will get the AFK Penalty regardless of what you do.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    throkithroki Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Make sure you have a Backpack. It has been reported that if you don't get one at the start of the TFO, you are bugged and most likely will get the AFK Penalty regardless of what you do.

Had a backpack, won the event too. Got a penalty.
  • Options
    Then they need to back these undocumented (except in the Community Manager's Twitter Feed) changes during the next Patch. PERIOD.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    startrek6000startrek6000 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    This has happened to me a few times now. I do the First Contact Day mission, gather the parts, modify them, etc) and I was not AFK at all. Then I got an AFK penalty.
  • Options
    Some have reported it may be due to Spiders coming out of a Junk Pile. That person kills them and no one else does so they haven't contributed towards killing stuff.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,988 Arc User
    7SHyEsC.jpg

AFK penalty #2....
  • Options
    trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    I got this too after having all purple/VR parts and getting the highest lol BS federation sore losers to my superior jem hadar engineer!
  • Options
    tariser12tariser12 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    throki wrote: »

Had a backpack, won the event too. Got a penalty.
    The same for me, except I tied for the win. It's the second time it happen to me. The first time I was in last place though.

• Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,988 Arc User
    I don't think it's back pack or placement related.

I seem to have quite a few ground set reputation related outfits for which the backpack never seems to be displayed.

Placement shouldn't count.

It's just borked.
  • Options
    retepeladretepelad Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    I'll agree on the just borked. Just got AFK after coming in second.

EDIT:

One night in Bozeman is borked as well.
  • Options
    kierykakieryka Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Yep - same happened here.
    1st place finish: No rewards; AFK penalty; backpack & all.
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    Just did the event. Timed out while trying to join it, after logging in again, noticed that the event had already started. My name on the scorecard was blank, I had no backpack, and while I could collect items, I couldn't turn them in. At that point I left, because what was the point by then?
  • Options
    sanokskyratsanokskyrat Member Posts: 479 Media Corps
    edited April 2020
    Again. This is the 4th time today. GRRRRR!

afk_pen_why_zpsoz5r5eif.png

1368747308047.cached_zpsl4joalbs.jpg
  • Options
    I ran into Spiders in a Junk Pile tonight. I didn't shoot at them, but another Player did as they followed me back to the Workbench. No AFK Penalty so it looks like that was a red herring.

I haven't gotten an AFK yet in the TFO or been stuck in the Patrol.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    vongravenvongraven Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    Got AFK bug just right now. I had all the purple items on my phoenix and shared the 1st place with another player. Is there any way to get marks I earned? I bet, writing a bug report wont help, eh?
  • Options
    husker1964husker1964 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    They supposedly fixed. I wasn't getting before. Tonight I got it.
  • Options
    Was that before or after the 20 minute downtime for the TFO this evening where they Patched the Patch?
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,011 Arc User
    v64wHaC.jpg
    I got a real bad run of luck in the Adjusting phase, but I was active the entire time!
    Had the same situation today on PS4 too.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    gulremalgulremal Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    swamarian wrote: »
    Just did the event. Timed out while trying to join it, after logging in again, noticed that the event had already started. My name on the scorecard was blank, I had no backpack, and while I could collect items, I couldn't turn them in. At that point I left, because what was the point by then?

This happened to me to, multiple times. Loaded when event already started, no backpack, no name on scoreboard. I could collect items from junk piles but could not interact with the workbench. I DID get the reward at the end, though, every time.
  • Options
    stitch0914stitch0914 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Just got the afk penalty after completing event and getting first also. Had backpack, gathered parts and refined them. Then no marks but afk penalty for doing well :/
  • Options
    conradhauserconradhauser Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    This was not fixed. I get his too but it seems very random.
  • Options
    stratocaster014stratocaster014 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I can't even finish anything but last. Every pile is junk. Everyone has all 3 pieces before I can find one and I'm running around as fast as I can. Then of course I get the afk penalty tonight for added insult.
    I'm a lifetime member, been playing for 7 years...this TRIBBLE is getting old.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    I've now done this 10 times on three different Characters and have not had an AFK Penalty yet. Tonight, I ended up with 3 Excellent Parts and went 449. I hadn't seen a number out of the 300s.

I believe I've gotten all 5 color Backpacks though mainly Red and Blue. Tonight I had Gold for the first time this Event.
    Post edited by ltminns on
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    I've now done this 10 times on three different Characters and have not had an AFK Penalty yet. Tonight, I ended up with 3 Excellent Parts and went 449. I hadn't seen a number out of the 300s.

I believe I've gotten all 5 color Backpacks though mainly Red and Blie. Tonight I had Gold for the first time this Event.

Is that chance or is it something you do different? Shame we cannot work it out. Today I was AFK for real as I started then got distracted with real life and it passed ok without any AFK penalty. Yet for multiple runs before this I was active and got hit with the AFK penalty. Its crasy the entire thing makes no sense.
  • Options
    lhoygowlhoygow Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    just got the afk again. first to all purple, rocket still blows up right after launch, no reward and afk.
  • Options
    kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    lhoygow wrote: »
    just got the afk again. first to all purple, rocket still blows up right after launch, no reward and afk.

The chance to blowup has always been there, the AFK after doing the event and getting all purple, not so much. I'm not sure what's worse, having a all purple rocket blowup or getting a AFK penalty after your all purple rocket wins, so for you to get both is like hitting a Grand Slam in the bottom of the ninth.

• Options
    xenovitaxenovita Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    how do you reclaim the rocket toy and the hologram on other characters?
    I can reclaim the console, but not the rest...

Thanks.
    Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • Options
    Seems to be an issue right now with that. Looks like they just ported the Reward from the Individual Character Run First Contact Day from years gone by and did not adjust it to make it Account Unlock.

There has been no word from them if this is going to be fixed.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns