test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dev's please take note or whoever is reading this from cryptic

grazyc2#7847 grazyc2 Member Posts: 1,988 Arc User
The big all mighty romulan pack my son bought it because he is a romulan fan, So today we bought the big pack for his birthday. And sorry to say it was buying junk from a junk yard and my son was very sad. The pack contains ships from T1 to T5 witch some of it al ready bought 30 promesses keys that wasn't there at all and not even 1 T6 ship in the pack, they put it on the shelf and Totally forget about it. The dev's never picked it up again and put some new stuff into the darn pack. They made a patch that you can fly your favorite T6 ship all the way until you are an admiral, But why the heck we still have T1 true T5 ships if we never touch them. Despite to say I asked a refund because paying 15.000 ZEN for ships you don't need to fly anymore. They should have done cleaning the shelfs allready that pack should be upgraded or removed. Maybe this is a wakeup call for the dev's. So if you planning to buy the big packs, for now don't because it's a bunch of old ships you don't need in the game. Wait to spend your 15.000 Zen or spend it on something else. Realy wish I knew before I have an very unhappy son right now thanks Cryptic :-(
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."

Comments

• Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Not all packs contain obsolete ships, but I suppos the Legacy of Romulus pack kinda does. But really, only kinda - because many (most) of these ships have also a Tier 6 version now, and if you got the lower tier version of the ship, you can use its console and its ship costume parts on the Tier 6 one.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    captainbrian11captainbrian11 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    the pack was created back before Tier 6 was a thing
  • Options
    The problem is he wanted certain T6 ships so he saved his money to buy the romulus pack because he thought you pay lot off money so I have some ships to play with and to be honost I thought the same thing. But if you pay almost 155 euro he is gonna pay another 150 to buy the T6 versions. He is a kid he worked for it he saved up his money to do this and then his world shook because there wasn't a single T6 version in the pack and the 30 key ring they said he can't collect it either. so I hope somebody is gonna make it up to him. Because if you move forward you make sure stuff people have or like to buy is not outdated...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    The only thing he didn't yet had was the reman Borg Bridge officer so yeah that's it I guess. And he was angry he said I really paid 155 euro for an stupid bridge officer. Men ok if you do not have childeren you probely do not understand ... But I really felt emty from that moment on... poor kid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    redwren89redwren89 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    > @kirk2390 said:
    > The only thing he didn't yet had was the reman Borg Bridge officer so yeah that's it I guess. And he was angry he said I really paid 155 euro for an stupid bridge officer. Men ok if you do not have childeren you probely do not understand ... But I really felt emty from that moment on... poor kid

I feel your pain in that buying something that feels like it has utterly no value is kinda sad. Bundles usually do this they make you buy big because they know how much you want something specific.

I guess that the most constructive thing would be to stop buying their BS packs. Not your fault but many don't see the scam
  • Options
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    The pack lists what is in it. You don't read...not sure what to tell ya...but blaming others because you were too damn lazy to read a few words is not gonna end well. You should be using this as a teaching moment for your son to do some research before spending money in the future. At 150 bucks, it will be a cheap lesson now as oppose to when he gets a car...or a house. Those will have more than a few words...quite IMPORTANT ones no less.

HE is angry that is his right, it's a little bit cryptic's fault to like I said they upgraded the game so everyone can start with an T6 ship, Now I ask you what need do we have for T1,T2,T3,T4,T5 tell me that. Cryptic could have said o hey we are doing this we upgrade the packs they offer that's one thing. It's just one of those mistakes where you refill the oil and forget to put back the fill cap, They upgraded the system replaces the ships but forget the packs they brought out before. So now we put out a message an reminder if you will and they see it it's O darn it we forget, he it happens, to me at least and also big firms like cryptic it can happen and if no one is buying a certain item they forget about it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,215 Arc User
    They really need to update the legacy of romulus pack with some T6 ships or atleast remove it from the store.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    kirk2390 wrote: »
    The pack lists what is in it. You don't read...not sure what to tell ya...but blaming others because you were too damn lazy to read a few words is not gonna end well. You should be using this as a teaching moment for your son to do some research before spending money in the future. At 150 bucks, it will be a cheap lesson now as oppose to when he gets a car...or a house. Those will have more than a few words...quite IMPORTANT ones no less.

HE is angry that is his right, it's a little bit cryptic's fault to like I said they upgraded the game so everyone can start with an T6 ship, Now I ask you what need do we have for T1,T2,T3,T4,T5 tell me that. Cryptic could have said o hey we are doing this we upgrade the packs they offer that's one thing. It's just one of those mistakes where you refill the oil and forget to put back the fill cap, They upgraded the system replaces the ships but forget the packs they brought out before. So now we put out a message an reminder if you will and they see it it's O darn it we forget, he it happens, to me at least and also big firms like cryptic it can happen and if no one is buying a certain item they forget about it.

You might want to open a support ticket with Cryptic and explain the full situation as yiou and your son see it, and see what they do. I hate to say it, but I do hope it doesn't turn out to be a hard life lesson in that you should ALWAYS look into what something actually contains before deciding to make a purchase.

Maybe they will at least 'take back' the pack and restore the Zen he spent to the account; but as others have said, it's not Cryptic's responsibility that your son assumed what the pack would contain without looking at the available info on the pack before making the purchase.

Good luck, and I hope you get a result you're somewhat happy with.

And you should know that Cryptic probably doesn't read anything posted here unnless it's flagged as 'inappropriate' and Ten Forward is their: Here's your place to talk about anything NOT related to STO - a ticket or a direct call to Cryptic support is your best option to get someone at Cryptic to respond).
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    westx211 wrote: »
    They really need to update the legacy of romulus pack with some T6 ships or atleast remove it from the store.
    How many Romulan ships are there that aren't in a pack already?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    Who spends over 100 bucks on something without reading what they're buying. Sorry, this is all on you.
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User

I'm sorry...but this is in NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM CRYPTIC'S FAULT. They clearly listed what is in the bundle. You don't read...that's on YOU. And cryptic a big firm?!? BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. They are a TINY company to be making ONE mmo game...much less multiple ones.

Actually they have at least three games running right now: STO, Champions Online, and Neverwinter. Still, it is not a big company.
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,471 Arc User

I'm sorry...but this is in NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM CRYPTIC'S FAULT. They clearly listed what is in the bundle. You don't read...that's on YOU. And cryptic a big firm?!? BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. They are a TINY company to be making ONE mmo game...much less multiple ones.

Actually they have at least three games running right now: STO, Champions Online, and Neverwinter. Still, it is not a big company.

Now will be four with Magic: Legends coming out soon. But you are correct that they are still not a big company.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    smr12smr12 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    > @coldnapalm said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I'm sorry...but this is in NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM CRYPTIC'S FAULT. They clearly listed what is in the bundle. You don't read...that's on YOU. And cryptic a big firm?!? BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. They are a TINY company to be making ONE mmo game...much less multiple ones.

what's wrong with you?
    Until Cryptic fixes the bugs and the huge lag problem, i refuse to give them a single cent. A company that charges hundreds of dollars but can't even give a stable bugfree game (or at least doesn't have bugs that are years and years old), doesn't deserve my money.
    Also when coming back after 2 years not playing STO, spending $30 and getting hit immediately with a 7 day account probation.
    This shows very little respect from cryptic towards their playerbase and, this is another reason to not spend any single cent on this game.
  • Options
    garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/game-pack/detail/270-legacy-of-romulus-legacy-pack

the kid has learned a priceless lesson , research before buying. and the keys are probably under promotion or under other sections all tabs . and he got alot of admirallty cards...
  • Options
    mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    It would cost Cryptic next to nothing to do something nice for this family and good customer service in this matter would probably yield a net positive on their bottom line.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    As a counter-point, you can look up the ship names in the z-store to find what tier they are...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    captainbrian11captainbrian11 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    or on the STO wiki. it's not (as far as I know) offical but before spending that kinda money I'd definatly do some research. that said, perhaps cryptic should revise the pack to put a T5 upgrade token into it
  • Options
    fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    Caveat emptor