test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Breen outfit

shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
With the release of a costume for the Breen Look I was thinking of creating a new tune my only issue is trying to figure out what would be the best to use I know the Jem Hadar use the same weapons as the breen ground wise and I kind of thought about making a new jemhadar Toon and then just putting the outfit on him or maybe just create an alien what do you all think would be the easiest to do look
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    With the Breen costume, ships and cold skills, you can make your own Breen faction. I am setting a character up as a Breen team. With the refrigerator mask it doesn't matter which species you pick. For me the best option is a KDF alligned Reman. Remans have this eye-beam attack and I can have a big Gorn boff as an alpha Breen. What can we say? Cool.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,302 Community Moderator
    I currently have my Andorian set up with a "Breen" crew, but I'm thinking I'll eventually make an Alien with the Breen setup as well.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    I turned my Jem'Hadar into a fake Breen with the uniform since I don't generally care for Jems, but I might do a Fed alien this way as well.
    Post edited by avoozuul on
  • tribbulatertribbulater Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    I would go with Alien for the extra trait, and then customize a physical look taking some tips from the Memory Alpha page:
    https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Breen

Basically, extreme cold, physically very tough, diet of algae paste, capable of pregnancy at very young age, faces never seen, no circulatory fluids, thoughts undetectable by empaths. Some theorizing has been given to fur covering, but you only do that if you are trying to stay warm against the cold. If your body actually doesn't care about or even thrives on cold, then you're looking at a different kind of organism.

I'd probably end up with something fish or shark-like, possibly lizard-ish given the muzzle (although that could simply be a helmet design and not facial). Then you get to trick it out with the cold guns, the cold powers, the Breen ships and space sets, and of course... polar-on weapons!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I currently have my Andorian set up with a "Breen" crew, but I'm thinking I'll eventually make an Alien with the Breen setup as well.
    You can mix and match nicely with it. :D

And generally mess it up to look non-Breen. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    I may go with aliens so many choices makes it hard to decide
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    For KDF Breen, I'd suggest a gorn or nausicaan so you get the right height/proportions for the higher class Breen types
    burstorion wrote: »
    For KDF Breen, I'd suggest a gorn or nausicaan so you get the right height/proportions for the higher class Breen types

I may try that
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    What to use to emulate the pie eating Breen? ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    ltminns wrote: »
    What to use to emulate the pie eating Breen? ;)

I think its either the white or rustler winter jacket.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    edited December 2019
    I realize now that I want an Alien based Breen but I am not sure whether to make a new character with my remaining character slot or just rename one of my existing Aliens which I never use and is max level.
    Size XXXXXL :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • penguin44ca1penguin44ca1 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    Is there a Breen Helmet/facemask to this costume? If so how do I equip
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    you have to change the head type.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    I created a fake jem/breen character and with all the cold kit modules, it is really funny. sadly, the boffs can't be trained with the same skills, except the micro-torpedo.
    Cold Fusion Flash for Science and corresponding for Tac Engineering.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    ltminns wrote: »
    Cold Fusion Flash for Science and corresponding for Tac Engineering.

yes indeed, but not the visor-cold (something like that) nor the cryo grenade.

btw, what kind of weapons are used by the breen in the tv shows. Impossible to find informations about the space weapons: beams/cannons, disruptor or something else.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    they use disruptors, both in space and on the ground, along with a green torpedo of unknown type (probably photon, since every race and his brother in the milky way has them aside from a few exceptions)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    finally, I go for phaser (space), I had already some phaser beams and I don't want to do the mission (for the nausicaan set) with kuumarke, I simply hate this character.

yes, in game they use jem weapons, but in ds9 the breen have their own weapons.
    @shadowfang240, I finally found pictures for the ground weapons :p

The outfit is really nice, all the colors are available.
    finally, I go for phaser (space), I had already some phaser beams and I don't want to do the mission (for the nausicaan set) with kuumarke, I simply hate this character.
    You could always just disable voices and not read the text.

this is not the problem; the problem is the character itself.

I enjoy the breen uniform, but something is missing; the breathe visual :)
  • fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User

Tailor, pick head-helmet. Then you can choose between 4 helmet types. However when you pick head again, to remove the helmet, you get a random head, not the head your character used to have. Save your head, before putting up the Breen helmet.

• zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    Do any one know Breen color codes for the new Uniforms?
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    i'm sure someone has a guide somewhere they can breen out​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    you pun is un-breen-ievable.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    I did some research and found on the net that indications are the Breen is the name of a federation of planets and the Breen outfit that is worn is so that everyone in the Breen look the same and are treated equally. anywhere toward up to 40 races as i saw on one post for information. All the races appear to be potentially verry different than the other. My choice for a Breen would preferably being an independent not aligned to either side. but thats not a choice so an Alien either klingon or federation or both would wind up being a choice.
    I just copied the colours from the Breen suit on DS9, however then I noticed how under detailed the game one is.
    i'm sure someone has a guide somewhere they can breen out​​

I did the deferi missions for having an idea of the uniforms colors; and i used these informations, all the other breens soldiers are listed at the bottom of the page: h'ren, vel'sh etc.
This discussion has been closed.