test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please add more NPC cameos (like Shon, Franklin Drake and so on)

Comments

• nrobbiecnrobbiec Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    nrobbiec wrote: »
    I thought Kurland died and Kira is now DS9 CO. That seemed to be the unsaid but heavily implied turn of events.
    Nope. Kurland never died anywhere, nor was this implied.

Kira took over as captain of the Defiant, but Kurland is still the commander of DS9.

I don't know... the whole "Kurland here BOOM static..." then he is never seen or heard from or even mentioned in passing either through dialogue or text or even blog again and Kira is commissioned as a captain and in charge of DS9's personal ship...

I see no reason to assume Kurland is still in one piece.
    No that scene is during Scylla and Charybdis. After DS9 is disabled and has a couple of pylons break off.
    So his last two appearances have just been "Kurland here" followed by static.

DS9 took a lot more damage than the Defiant did though, so he may not have been so lucky the second time.

But unless he is seen or heard from again then he's Schrodinger's Kurland.
    nrobbiec wrote: »
    No that scene is during Scylla and Charybdis. After DS9 is disabled and has a couple of pylons break off.
    And hes in none of them, and instead in the command center along with Sarish Mina, who is also alive.

IIRC, the devs even mentioned on reddit or twitter that Kurland is still in command of DS9, while Kira is only the captain of the Defiant.

If Kurland was dead, they would have said so.

I have not heard anything official either way personally, but if word of god says so then case closed of course.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,101 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »
    azrael605 wrote: »
    I'm a little confused about something the OP said. He mentions a male Andorian captain in Beneath the Skin, but I remember a female Andorian Captain in that mission, and not just at the end, she is in most of the mission except the mycelial jaunt. So who is the OP talking about?

As for Shon, he shows up in at least 1 of the Mycelial patrols.

He's saying they could have used Shon for the entire episode instead of bringing him in at the very end.
    ^^^
    They would have had to bring the actor back to do more lines (and that may or may not be possible) - the one line they had Shon say was a reuse of a line from other VO work the actor had already done.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
    edited September 2019
    I already linked it. If it didn't work here it is again at 39:05. https://youtu.be/vDL8IUmXJHw?t=2346
  • startrekronstartrekron Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    (Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    "Live Long and Prosper but always carry a fully charged phaser, just in case!". Arrr'ow

Co-Leader of Serenity's Grasp
    edited October 2019
    "Live Long and Prosper but always carry a fully charged phaser, just in case!". Arrr'ow

• sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    (Response to moderated comments removed. - BMR)

As for NPC cameos, they really need to fix the VO in several missions in the Available tab as well as in the Episodes tab, a person who works for Cryptic should play all the missions from beginning to what they have done. Then they would find these bugs quicker. After that, then add more of those but fix what is already there. Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
    edited October 2019

• jhanell#0859 jhanell Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Azrael is right. ST is not used in show abbreviations, only those he posted.

If you can't listen to the mods, who have said not to use the one you used, then it's on you when they start moderating your posts.
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    Yes by all means bring Kurland back so he can be killed off his final words can be Kurland Here
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    No to murder. Kurland retiring from being commander of DS9, I would approve of. I am tired of people wanting to murder people they do not like.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
This discussion has been closed.